Monday, May 21, 2012

SWEET!

"It is the sweet, simple things of life 
which are the real ones after all."
-Laura Ingallis Wilder


"Life is one grand sweet song, 
so start the music."
-Ronald Reagan


"That it shall never come again 
is what makes it so sweet."
-Emily Dickinson



A picture of my two SWEET GIRLIES here last night
having a fun family barbeque on our sunny deck!


Nels and Beau enjoying the SWEET SUNDAY dessert! 


My daughter Jana and her SWEET little family! 


Two SWEET "BRIANS" in my life...
my hubby and my brother! 


Last night's dessert was a SWEET SUNDAY one! 


Mariah sharing her SWEET success on the bike
 she got from my Niece, Rowen!
Her daddy kept close stride beside (just in case.)


The family sharing in Mariah's SWEET bike riding show!
Jana had a "not-so"SWEET spill on her shirt!!! OOPS!


Beau did not want to miss out on all the fun,
so here he is in his Poppa's helmet in the basket of his bike!!!
He is such a SWEET basket case ...
with his daddy holding on tight! 


Beau here on Friday when I babysat him for the day,
having a bowl of SWEET blue berries which he loved! 


Brother Brian popped by for a visit...
and Beau had fun putting his SWEET hat on him! 


Beau looking sleepy but SWEET
in his hat and scarf on rainy Friday! 


Not quite as SWEET a moment
when Beau woke up from his nap...
He wakes up very crabby!!!!!
He refused to take off his jacket all day,
and check out his crazy hair!

 Another SWEET GRAMMIE/ MARIAH
bond at Boston Pizza
on Saturday night on our way to watch a dance recital. 


SWEET fits of laughter!
This was Thursday night when I took Mariah to watch
my niece, Rowen practice her dance and finale at the dance studio.
I think Mariah was a bit hyper and did many cartwheels...
she really looks up to all her SWEET times spent with Rowen!



First of all may I say thank you
to all the SWEET people who pop
by to read about my
SWEET and SIMPLE
 little life
here on my blog.
My blog is a way of reviewing
the things in my day to day life
that make the
"SIMPLE" seem even "SWEETER"!


I haven't been writing in my blog
 as often but still enjoy the moments
I do take time to share with
who ever cares to read and look!


This past thursday I took Mariah
with me to the dance studio,
where my niece, Rowen was rehearsing
for her number and finale for
this weekend's upcoming
BSOBAD year end show,
DANCE REFLECTIONS 2012
"ONE FAMILY, ONE WORLD"
at TCU...
Mariah gets to dance in the
preschool show in the afternoon,
while Rowen will perform in
 the evening's showcase!


BSOBAD always puts on a
very creative and awesome show
each year featuring all the
SWEET efforts of the past dance season.
Just this past weekend, BRENDA, from BSOBAD took her twirler, JULIA,
to compete in the
Nationals Twirling Championship in Ontario. Julia competed with SWEET SUCCESS qualifying her to compete at the
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
in FRANCE this summer.
Congrats to both of them.


Friday I spent my day chasing after my
SWEET grandson, Beau
while I babysat him.
He is at such a fun stage...
as he leads up to the
TERRIBLE TWOS!
 Already his favorite word is "NO"!
He is very funny and entertaining
for me none the less, and
I love that he is trying hard to say
many words, now...
although that being said...
he still calls me "POPPA!"
(which I actually think is pretty SWEET!)


Saturday I did more bonding with
my SWEET grand daughter, Mariah.
We did another supper together
at Boston Pizza,
(her favorite restaurant!)...
on our way to a local dance recital.
She loves to watch dancing,
so I am encouraging that love for her
by taking her to shows whenever I can.
 We both enjoyed the year end show of "KRISTY'S DANCE FUSION",
and saw lots of
SWEET dancers in that show!



Many of my friends are dance teachers.
 One of those friends, BARB,
from Moose Jaw,
just became a GRANDMA
for her first time this past week when
her son, Chris and his wife, Jasmine,
became parents of TWINS....
a girl, Maguire, and a boy, Krosby.
That is pretty SWEET for all of them.
I cannot even begin to tell her how much
she will LOVE this world of GRANDPARENTHOOD.
I must say out of all the chapters in my life, being a GRANDPARENT
is the SWEETEST!


Yesterday we had my brother, Brian,
and my daughter, Jana and her family
for a  SWEET SUNNY BARBEQUE.
I love times we can share together,
and especially while having
a relaxing yummy meal on the deck.
AHHHHHH...
I love the SWEETNESS of SUMMER!


This week has lots of SWEET
celebrations coming up...
from Mariah's 6th birthday on Thursday,
to the BSOBAD year end show on Saturday... and I'm sure lots of other things in between.


I continue to watch many of my
favorite shows on TV.
I look forward to the SWEET finales of "DANCING WITH THE STARS"
and "AMERICAN IDOL"
this week...
along with the start of the new season of
"SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE".


I watched the
"Billboard Music Awards"
show last night on TV, too.
It was bitter-sweet that the world
has now lost some SWEET musical icons
all mentioned on last night's show.
Whitney Houston passed in February.
Disco Queen, Donna Summer,
passed away to cancer last week
at age 63. A Tribute was made
to both of those ladies and they
were honored in last night's show.
Hours before the evening's event,
Robin Gibb from "The BEE GEES"
also passed away
 due to his battle with cancer
at the age of 62.
He got a brief mention on
the show as well.
Although these musical icon's
years are over,
their legendary SWEET music
will live on for years to come.


On that "note"...
my little poem of the day!


My life is simple but it can't be beat,
I'm grateful each day for all things
that are sweet!
From family to friends, near and far,
And memories of those
up amongst every star!
This week is one with
SWEET celebrations,
One to watch dancers...
reach new elevations!
One to eat cake... and one with a gift...
All these SWEET things
 give my life such a lift!
Lots that I have to make me feel
GRATEFUL...
And lots of things too,
that are CELEBRATE-FUL!
It isn't at all.... or even by chance...
That lots of these things
all revolve around dance!
I'm feeling the love
of all things so neat...
My life, although simple,
is also so SWEET!







No comments:

Post a Comment