Friday, June 29, 2012

A JAZZY CHOCOLATE COVERED WISH for MOM!

"Angels are never too distant to hear you."
-Author Unknown


"All you need is LOVE, but a little CHOCOLATE never hurt."
-Charles M. Schulz


"Mother, the ribbons of your love are woven around my heart."
Author Unknown



In honor of mom's BIRTHDAY today...
These are the cupcakes I made her on her last birthday in 2010 


This photo was taken the day before mom's birthday
in 2008 at our JAZZ FESTIVAL .
My friend, Linda was here with us...
we traditionally did the JAZZ FESTING
 together for many years


This is mom and me on route to the Jazz Festival in 2007.
So many fond memories of  mom are while attending the JAZZ! 


A very cute PARTY PIC of mom and Mariah
at my cousin Gwen's Birthday
in August of 2008. 


Mom celebrating her birthday in 2009... here with her children.
She has a firm hold on her purse as she always did! 


Here is mom celebrating her final birthday in June of 2010. 

JUNE 29th, 2010
Mom in her Party Hat!


JUNE 29th, 2011
The little ANGEL in our Garden
wearing the party hat mom wore the year before...
(Might have to get another one like this today!) 


Last night at 2nd Ave. Grill enjoying some JAZZ
with my cousin Gwen  and dancer friend, Nadine.
The JAZZ Musicians were some of mom's Favorites!


Here are the Musicians and Jazz fest co-ordinator
just before the concert...
Saxaphone player sitting in front of the sign,
BOBBY KLASSEN
Piano player, MAURICE DROUIN,
and singer, DONNA HAY.


Today as I sit to write my blog,
I am sipping my vanilla coffee
out of the white mug with black dots
that says this inside...
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE


That is exactly what I plan to do
in honor of my dear sweet mom,
 who is celebrating her second
Birthday in Heaven today.
It is appropriate that the
SUN is SHINING
and it is a perfect day outside!


I have been attending lots of the
free jazz venues this past week,
and sure have thought lots of all
the times mom and I went to the festival together. I feel her spirit and presence
as I enjoy all the different
music along the way.


Last night I really felt her spirit as I
enjoyed a couple of her favorite local artists,
MAURICE DROUIN and BOBBY KLASSEN
play her favorite song,
"SATIN DOLL"
at 2nd Ave. Grill.
I was joined there for supper by
my cousin, Gwen along with
a dance friend of mine, Nadine.
We enjoyed our visits, the music
and our delicious meals, too!
Mom and dad would have both
enjoyed the version of Satin Doll for sure.
I video taped a portion of it
and posted it on my FB page today!


Last year on mom's birthday,
the very first song I heard at the
free stage of the Jazz Festival
was "Satin Doll", too...
and I didn't even request it that day...
it was as if mom had sent her request
from above... it was very magical
that it happened on her
first birthday in heaven that way!


Mom lives on in me daily in her spirit
as I mentioned above, but very much so
on this date and during the Jazz Festival
which became an important part of
our shared times together year after year.


Today I am babysitting the grandkids...
and I am guessing that we might celebrate mom's birthday venturing down to hear more free jazz in the park as well.
Maybe I'll let them put the party hat
on the backyard angel, too!!!!
... we might need to eat some CHOCOLATE,
or "CHOCIT" as Beau calls it...
in celebration of today's special birthday.



I am getting excited about our trip to
Montreal in a couple days as well.
We are off to visit my son, Colin who we haven't seen since before mom
passed away in October of 2010.
We look forward to reuniting with him
and meeting his girlfriend, Caro.


Montreal's Jazz Festival is the largest one
in the world...and it will still be on
while we are there, too...
so should be a fun visit.


Well in order to get ready for my
big celebration day of festivities
around here, I am going to wrap up
this little blog...
I am thinking so dearly of mom today
and am blowing kisses to the
skies above on her
second birthday in heaven...


On that note,
here is my rhyme of the day...

DEDICATED to MY DEAR SWEET MOM!
Today's a special day in HEAVEN
 just for YOU...
It's your second BIRTHDAY there,
so today that makes you TWO!
I miss you very much these days,
 and WISH that you were here,
I've been doing lots of JAZZ
and feel your SPIRIT near.
I wish you lots of CHOCOLATE cake,
...and PARTY HATS galore!
And lots of special BIRTHDAY FUN,
and ever so much more.
If I could wrap up all my thoughts,
and tie them up with LOVE...
I'd seal them with a great big KISS...
and send them up above!



No comments:

Post a Comment