Friday, June 1, 2012

STAYING CONNECTED!

"A good friend is a connection to life-a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.-Lois Wysse


"When we get too caught up in the busyness of the world, we lose connection with one another and ourselves."
-Jack Kornfield


Communication- the human connection- is key to personal and career success."
-Paul J. Meyer


Here is Mariah and Beau here last night when I
picked them up and babysat them...
They seemed to be very connected to TV and their snacks, too!


The two of them seemed to have a spurt of energy...
Bouncing on the couch here...
Whatever Mariah did... Beau copied...
each connected to what the other did! 


Mariah got her School photo order yesterday,
These will be a connection to her Kindergarten year at school! 


Beau eating a bag of fishies at Mariah's school
when we got her yesterday. 


One of my many connections to Mariah this week
 and to Starbucks, too!
I looked after her Wednesday afternoon
while her mommy was at the dentist.


I made a special connection to my mom's friend, Clara this week.
She invited me to join her for lunch at her home in the Luther Tower...
The view up there is such a pretty connection to the city.
Seeing her helped us feel somewhat connected to my mom as well.


Mariah in Gap during a little shopping spree on Monday.
She was doing a headband fashion show
and connecting to her dance poses! 

Jana connecting to someone while in the gap on monday.
Beau was trying on some flip flops
I love that he calls them "TREE TOPS!"
I love kid's connections to some of their first fewwords.


A picture of my old beat up tap shoes.
Last friday, May 25th, was international
TAP DANCE DAY...
I will be connecting with these once again this summer,
because I was asked to be a guest TAP TEACHER
at a local dance summer camp!

Today as we enter the 6th
month of the year already
I am reflecting on some of the
CONNECTIONS
I've made recently and some
I will be making too.


MAY is always a whirlwind of a month with preps for BSOBAD's year end at the studio. Mariah's birthday celebrations dominated last weekend, as well.

This week I reconnected with friends
I haven't seen in a while
and got back to the gym a bit as well.

Monday morning I did a small shop and ate lunch with Jana and the kids at Midtown plaza. Mariah wanted to eat in the
"FOOD PORT"... which is what she called the Food Court!
I wondered why she needed to shop the day after her birthday, but she wanted to get a jump start on ideas for her Birthday!

Tuesday after my Body Vive class at
Goodlife gym, I connected with my friend Gailene, for a little galavant
and lunch outing to
East Side Marios.

Wednesday I continued the theme
of the week which was fast becoming...
"OUT TO LUNCH!"
I got invited to have lunch with my mom's friend, Clara at her home in the Luther Tower.
It felt nice to reconnect with her and she was so appreciative of my little visit, too.
It somehow made me feel connected to mom in some sort of way, as Clara used to join mom and me on Wednesdays for breakfasts in Market Mall back in the day!


I think Jana is lucky she is so connected
to me as I am always ready to pick up
and or babysit her kids...
I looked after Mariah for
a bit on Wednesday and
both kids last night.
I feel so lucky that I can stay
so connected to my grandkids
during their young years.


Yesterday I didn't go out
for lunch again...
 but had a couple of
coffee outings instead.


I met my friend ELLA, who just
returned from her 5 and a half week cruise around the world. We had a lovely visit
over a Tim Horton's coffee.
It felt good to reconnect with her again!


Later yesterday I met a dance friend,
Kristy for a Starbucks. She asked
me if I would be a guest teacher
at her little 4 day Dance Camp
in August this summer.
I felt honored to be asked,
and although somewhat nervous to
"BRUSH" off the old tap shoes
and put them on again,
I am also kind of excited to
reconnect to my passion of
TAP for a brief interlude again, too!


This morning I reconnected to
Body Flow at Goodlife gym
with my friend Ella once again
after a little break from that class...
 might be stiff tomorrow.
I also did CX works on Wednesday
and am still stiff from that one.
I plan to go to a SH'BAM class
in half an hour as well.


I am really trying to reconnect
with the gym now that the month
of May has gone by
and summer is on it's way!

Today would have been
Marilyn Munroe's Birthday...
She lived from
June 1st, 1926- August 5th, 1962.
I came across this very cute
quote today
written by her...
"We are all of us stars,
and we deserve to twinkle."

S
o on that note...

Today marks the start of
the sixth month of the year,
I am still connecting to how
fast we got here!
I have been looking back
on every reflection...
On who and what is important,
and what is their connection.
As I grow older
my priorities shift a lot,
But I still feel sort of connected
from dot to dot!
I'm evaluating what matters most
in my life to me,
And trying to connect to all
of that in any way I see!!!


2 comments:

  1. I've missed reading your blogs! This one is a great reminder for why it's important to stay connected and to reconnect!
    Great 'quotes', wonderful photos, loved seeing Beau trying on his 'tree tops' sooooo cute, love his 'little boy' look too. Your grandkids are wonderful...lucky GrammieD for sure!!
    Thank you for sharing your blogs, happy to be back to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for RECONNECTING Arlene... I sure missed you and your very sweet comments while you were on a computer break! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete