Thursday, June 21, 2012

TAP into SUMMERTiME...and All That JAZZ!

"Summertime, and the living is easy."
-George Gershwin


"Jazz is... One of life's greatest gifts; 
fun found within surprise."
-Author Unknown


"When the music changes, 
so does the dance."
-African Proverb



I will be definitely TAPPING into some
JAZZ for the next few weeks!
Here are my TAP shoes and the
SaskTel Jazz brochure and program 


Flowers are a nice sign of
SUMMERTIME!
 


A new SNACK DISCOVERY for the summertime...
like chips but much less calories. 


Another great summertime discovery...
TAZO ZEN Green Tea Blend
for the  KEURIG coffee machine.
This is great hot or cold...
(and although I much prefer a
TAZO CHAI TEA LATTE at STARBUCKS ...
this is a "no calorie" alternative.)


Some new mini tomatoes...
SUNBURSTS and BLUSHERS.

And new oil and vinegar to put on them in a salad. 


OIL and VINEGAR up close...
from a new store on Broadway called
"OLIV" from Italy
 with hundreds of flavors of oils and vinegars,
and they give you samples to try them out...
another low calorie way to
JAZZ up  your SUMMERTIME.


A little HEALTH discovery...
EUCALYPTUS OIL.
Rub on your feet to get rid of coughs!
Who knew?!


This will be my little guide for the next 10 days of
JAZZIN IT UP in the SUMMERTIME!


Yesterday was the first day of
SUMMERTIME
and tomorrow is the start of
JAZZ FESTIVAL SEASON
... both things I LOVE to TAP into!
... and just so you all know...
I put in a big order for lots of
SUNSHINE and NO MORE RAIN!!!


We are headed into 10 days of
FESTIVAL FUN in Saskatoon
followed by a trip for us to Montreal
for some of their JAZZ FESTIVAL.
Montreal has the world's largest
Jazz Festival, so I am really pumped
about that one. We did attend it
two summers ago and it was awesome.


Montreal is where my son, COLIN,
lives and I also look forward to seeing him again as we have not seen him
since mid October of 2010.


JAZZ FESTIVAL time reminds me
so much of my parents.
I did a lot of JAZZ festing
with them back in the day, too!
They both instilled  the love of
JAZZ music in me in the first place.
They loved BIG BAND, STANDARDS
and SMOOTH JAZZ styles .
Because lots of that style
of music goes well with
TAP dancing... it is no surprise
that I love it as well.


I have recently made it to several
dance recitals and events and
now the dance studios are heading
into some SUMMER VACATION time,
 so it is time to hang up the
TAP SHOES and relax in the sunshine!


However, that being said...
I do plan to teach a couple of
TAP CLASSES for a couple of
different events this summer
following the JAZZ.
I'll write more about that
closer to the time of those events.
(I'm excited to put on my shoes and
share a little TAPPiNESS this summer!)



SUMMERTIME can be a time of weight gain,
so I am making a bit of an effort to choose snacks wisely for the next little while,
along with going to the gym to stay fit!


My hubby, Brian has been
battling a bad cold for over a week now. Yesterday there was a post about
eucalyptus oil being something to rub
on feet to help aid night time coughing.
 I decided to get some and give it a try...
and it seemed to work wonders for him last night... because he was
not kept awake hacking away!
WHO KNEW???


I have enjoyed many outings with my friend ELLA from the gym... we often go to
TIM HORTON'S for coffee following
our gym classes at GOODLIFE.
Yesterday we went for a GREEN TEA
at a little coffee shop called MOKA.
We seem to always enjoy our visits.

That got me to thinking just how
grateful I am when any friends
and or family has time to
connect with me...
I am so lucky to be surrounded
with so many wonderful
people in my life.



I discovered a new store on Broadway
today from ITALY called OLIV.
It sells only oil and vinegar,
and has a huge selection of both...
so I purchased some and
will give it a try on my salad
at supper tonight...
I recommend giving it a whirl!


I have been sure enjoying this
season's audition round of
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE
on TV along with the new
singing show called DUETS.
I am also quite into another fun
show called CANADA SINGS.
Next week however,
I will spend a lot of time down in BESSBOUROUGH PARK
enjoying JAZZ,
so will record my TV shows for later!

This time of year just makes me HAPPY
and makes my HEART SMILE!


So on that note...


I am oh so grateful for SUMMERTIME,
To TAP into JAZZ music ....
and also into RHYME!
There is something very special
about sitting in the sun,
And listening to live music
with friends and having fun.
I just love the festival
right from the very start...
Because it holds a cherished spot
right inside my heart.
It always brings back memories
of my MOM and DAD...
They instilled the love of
TAP and JAZZ, I've always had!

2 comments:

  1. A terrific jazzy type blog. Loved the photos. As usual your 'quotes' were quite fitting, loved the African proverb too!
    And now for some reason I'm wanting a tomato salad, your dressings sound fab. I hope they open stores in BC, I'll have to check that out!! (had the Kellogg cheddar chip crackers, low calorie, yummy for sure!)
    thank you for sharing Diane ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... as always I look forward to your kind comments. It's nice to see someone is actually TAPPING in to my blog to read about my little life here in TOON town! This is one of my favorite times of the year... so i may not get as many blogs up the next while... but I'll see how it all goes!
    Thanks again my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete