Monday, June 11, 2012

A RAiN- "BEAU" Weekend!

"Weekends are a bit like rainbows; 
they look good from a distance 
but disappear when you get 
up close to them."
-John Shirley


"To enjoy the rainbow, first enjoy the rain."
-Paulo Coelho


"Life is like a rainbow. You need both sun 
and rain to make it's colors appear."
-Author Unknown


Smiling BEAU having some breakfast here on Friday.


Mariah doing a doggie impersonation!
She was excited to be going to a little play date with her friend,
 while I had Beau all day Friday. 


Beau's new favorite book... a Dr. Seuss one.
He calls it his "DUM DUM" 


A little stroll out in the sunshine on Friday.
Beau thought it was so hilarious when Shuffle squatted to poop!
 He said "POOP... PUPPY" for the rest of the walk! 


One of the many giggles of the day on Friday! 


Beau with his CHOCOLATELY SMILE!
... he loves his "CHOCK-IT"... (as he calls it!)
Note the bandaid on finger ...
he got a little OWE-EE! 


An ice cream cone after his long nap! 


Check out how he put on his flip flops...
(which he still refers to as "TREE-TOPS"!) 


Supper on the roof top of ATHENA Restaurant
Friday night... Beau was right into the fries and ketchup! 


Saturday I had both kids here to babysit...
Beau snuggled in beside his sister while she watched her TV shows!
Both enjoying some drinks in sippy cups.


Mariah drew these special FATHER'S DAY pictures
in this cute picture frame paper! 


Yesterday we all popped by for a little visit with the
GREAT GRANDS!
Mariah is explaining her little game on her mommy's iphone. 


Poppa Brian and Beau enjoying the little skating ornament
 from the cupboard ... while Jana and Mariah look on!


A Smiley picture of Jana and
Mariah on her way to a birthday party!
 


A little family snuggle at the Grandparent visit!
 


A WET dash out to the car in the rain! 


My overflowing flower pot... so much rain on the weekend...
and Shuffle keeps pulling out the sprouty plant in the middle! 


Shuffle this morning...
CAUGHT in the ACT!


Once again THANKS to anyone
who is popping by to read my blog
and see my many photos that I post!

I take very many when ever the grandkids
are around... so this is only a sampling
of the ones I took this weekend!


As you can see there was a
lot going on this weekend.
I had Beau all day Friday
and then we went for supper
on the roof top of Athena
for supper that night.


Saturday morning following my
8:30 Body Vive class at Goodlife Gym...
I had both grandkids here to babysit
on the very wet and rainy day.
It was definitely not an outdoor day
like Friday was!


We were kept well entertained with
art, TV, video watching, singing, dancing
and story reading...
amongst many other adventures.


I was honored to be invited to
critique the dancers in the
"RHYTHMS" Solo/ Duo Showcase
held at Centennial High School
Saturday night.
The numbers were all taught by sisters,
Nadine and Nicole...
so a fun evening of dance!



Following our Sunday morning breakfast
at Fuddruckers... Brian and I met
Jana and her kids over at my inlaws,
Blanche and Greg's house for a little visit.
They always enjoy when we pop by.


Jana and I were invited to a
"STELLA & DOT" party
at sister-in-law, Bev's house,
later  on Sunday.
I am not a big jewelry person,
but they did have some lovely stuff...
so I got a little bracelet for Mariah for her upcoming Kindergarten Grad gift!



During the weekend...
with all the rain we got,
I found many things to entertain and
occupy me in doors.
I showed Mariah some old little videos
of her when she was younger...
always fun to revisit those!...
She has sure grown up since
some of them were taken!


Yesterday I sat down with intentions
to do a new blog...
and got sidetracked reading
old ones written last year!
It is always fun for me to look back
on the events of what I did around
this time last year.


With FATHER'S DAY coming up
next Sunday, I reviewed  my
tribute to my dad and must say
it was one of my all time favorite blogs.
It was particularly special to me
because my dad was a very
amazing guy to not only me,
but to all the people he knew.
It's hard to believe he has
been gone for over 12 years now.
I hope to do a follow up tribute to him
again later this week.


I enjoyed tuning into the TONY AWARDS
on TV last night...and loved some of
the musical numbers on that show.
It made me long to go to New York, again!


Today's agenda is simple...
but after blog writing I hope to take
Shuffle for a little walk because
the sun is shining today... YAY!
... no RAINBOWS today!


On that note...
here is my little rhyme of the day...


I had a weekend filled with fun...
With lots of rain and not much sun!
But I was lucky to share some time,
With my sweet ones through
song, dance and rhyme.
Lots of 'Beau'-ments
 while he was here,
And also some time with Mariah, dear!
Visits with the grand and great...
A rainbow weekend to celebrate!





2 comments:

  1. a great 'catch up'...or ketchup blog Diane. Loved reading all about your busy friday and weekend. It's quite evident your grandkids keep you very busy when they're on the scene. Loved all the photos, the 'quotes' were quite appropriate and as always your poem was cute.
    I'm looking forward to now reading your next 'father's day' blog. Your tribute last year was very touching.
    As always thank you for sharing your life in your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene for popping in to read and look into my little life always... greatly appreciated!
    Thanks for your kind words always!
    :)

    ReplyDelete