Tuesday, June 5, 2012

STARS and STARBUCKS!

"Good friends are like stars... you don't always see them, 
but you know they are always there."-Author Unknown


"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars."
-Les Brown


"You must carry chaos inside you to give birth to a dancing star."
-Nietzsche



A very STARS and STARBUCKS kind of pic for today's theme!


In the past couple of months I have watched many
DANCE STARS
performing in these events! 


Here is my wee STAR, MARIAH,
sitting on the stage at the intermission of a recent dance recital! 


Here she is in action...  doing a little free-spirited
performance during intermission  at
"HOT OFF THE PRESS"
DANCE INK'S first annual recital! 


Mariah is second from the left in her dress rehearsal for her
Dance Recital a couple weeks ago.
She feels like a real STAR when on stage! 


A pic of an old card I crafted back in the summer of 2007...
this seemed to go with today's blog theme! 


While searching for some photos today
here is a cute little STARBUCKS memory
I found of my two little STAR Girlies...
Mariah and Jana in Sept of 2008,
they have both changed since this photo,
( but mostly in hair color!)


Another STARBUCKS memory I found
of a card I crafted for my
STARBUCKS SISTERFRIEND, LINDA
for a birthday a few years ago!
She is like a STAR friend for me! 


This photo was taken in April of 2008.
These dance friends and I were at a
CANDANCE competition
I adjudicated in Calgary.
BARB on the left is celebrating a birthday tomorrow.
BRIAN on the right is celebrating a birthday on Thursday.
Barb, Brian and Faye have all been
great STAR quality dance role
models to me in my dance career!




Today when I got thinking of a
blog theme to write about I decided
STARS and STARBUCKS
was a suitable one!


Over the past couple of months
I have been watching lots of dancing
 at competitions, rehearsals and recitals.
I have been blown away with
the talents in and around this province.
There are a lot of STAR quality
dance studios, teachers and students
a like strutting their stuff.
It takes a lot of PASSION
to put great work on stage.
Because I am retired from
the teaching now, I can just sit back
 and enjoy the STARS as they shine.
I hope to make it to some more shows still before this dance season is done.


My very own Mariah loves to perform,
and although her technique has
a long way to go yet...
she shines with enthusiasm right now!
To me she will always be a little
STAR
with plenty of SPARKLE!



This past week was one of many trips to STARBUCKS!
 I went nearly everyday last week
with either family and or friends.
There is something about having
a latte out of the cup with the
green logo on it that makes me happy!
Although I took no new pictures
of those trips, I had many great visits with
Jana, Mariah, Beau, dance friend, Kristy,
friend, Joan, and cousin, Gwen
to name a few of  the coffee outings to STARBUCKS.


I also made it to Tim Horton's
a couple of times
with my gym friend, Ella...
and had a couple of lunch
outings last week as well...
One with mom's fiend Clara,
and one with my friend, Gailene.
I was kind of a STAR of
social outings one might say!



I have been getting to more gym classes
 since the dance season at
BSOBAD has wrapped up.

I am enjoying Body Vive, Body Flow,
Sh'Bam and CX works classes at
GOODLIFE gym.
The instructors are all excellent there...
they are like STAR quality to me!
I am however experiencing some
hip and toe issues which I hope
to get to the bottom of soon...
I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow,
but in the meantime a little
STARBUCKS
is always a good
PICK Me UP!


I am still enjoying the reality shows on TV...
After "American Idol", "The Voice"
and "Dancing With The Stars"
crowned their season's STARS...
I moved on to watching
"AMERICA'S GOT TALENT" and
"SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE"
and "DUETS" along with
"CANADA SINGS".
I love seeing upcoming
talents become STARS!


I was happy to see my friend,
Arlene return to the computer
after her little internet problems
 the last month.
She is one of my STAR blog readers!

Thanks, also to anyone else who takes
time to visit my simple little blog world!


Happy TAPPY Birthday
this week to "dance friends"
Barb and Brian!
I hope you both TAP into
STAR quality birthdays!

On that note...
another poem!

STARBUCKS LATTES
can always enhance...
A great friendly visit,
or any kind of dance!
It seems to bring STAR quality
to all that I do,
And it is pretty tasty...
I might just add, too!
It seems to lift my spirit,
if I am feeling down,
Something about the mermaid
on the cup in her STAR crown...
Has a little way of
cheering me right up,
I just feel much happier after
I've had a cup!


2 comments:

  1. It may be a random type blog, but as usual it deserves a STAR! Great 'quotes' and photos. I can relate to your poem in a way, I'm much happier with a cup of joe I just prefer the other colored cup ( :
    Thank you for the mention, love reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I always appreciate your comments! You truly are a STAR reader... commenting here and on FB too! hehehe... thanks for your sopping by!:)

    ReplyDelete