Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Eventful LiFE!

"To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites."
-Robert Heinlein

"Life is short. Eat dessert first."
-Jacques Torres

"Our friends add color and meaning to our lives... & of course a whole lot of FUN!!!"
-Jennifer Gayle

Here is Mariah yesterday.
I babysat her because she had a throat and ear infection,
so she couldn't go to school.
That did not stop her from wanting to dance and perform...
she put on her favorite costume of her mommy's, and some make up
 and came out of the bathroom saying "TAA DAA!"

Here is another project from Mariah's day here yesterday...
She crafted a great JUSTIN BIEBER POSTER
to take to his concert  in a couple of weeks!


Here is Mariah looking not sick at all yesterday in a fit of laughter...
We were playing a little game of  drawing the rhyme!
It was a little fun we made up together!!!


Here is Beau while waiting for his sister at her dance lesson on Monday.
He was pooped out after a little play outside on the big slide beside the studio.

Here is proud Beau in his bedroom at home.
 He is now out of the crib and into a big boy bed
which he was excited to share when we popped by on Sunday night!


Here is Mariah's new amazing bed which replaces the one now in Beau's room!
It is also an activity centre as well!!! 


BALLET Teacher, Miss Michelle,
with her sweet baby boy, CARTER,
at the BSOBAD Baby shower held
on Sunday at the studio. 


Here are two other dance teachers (both have taught Mariah).
Miss Amber with her little girl, Alexandra and Miss Cara with her little boy, Mason.
We held baby showers for both these teachers in the past year as well,
now their babies are growing up fast! 


Miss Brenda explaining the games at the baby shower,
while dance teacher Miss Joanne looks over her shoulder! 


After the baby shower on Sunday...
a Studio barbeque was held to kick off the 30th dance season
 as well as to Honor Miss Kellie who will be retiring from the secretary job
she has done for the past 13 years at BSOBAD.
Here are Kellie and Brenda holding one of the many
delicious desserts of the events of the day!


Here is our good friend, Bob modeling his apron and hat
before barbequing a delicious meal we were invited to his place
 for on saturday evening. 


I am seated with friends Diane and Jacquie here at the lovely meal
 Bob and Jacquie hosted for us 3 couples! 


Another outing ... here I am with friends Brenda and Kellie
at a charity luncheon last Friday. 


After shopping for Baby shower stuff...
I crafted a little banner and Baby card for
Miss Michelle and her baby Carter's shower! 


Last thursday I met dance teacher friend Kristy for a Starbucks.
Her 5 year old son, Tyce took this photo with
his little buddies behind our drinks on the table!
(I also snapped a photo with Tyce in it, too, but my photo was a blur!)


I think this is the longest lapse between blogs ever for me since beginning to write blogs
back in Dec. 2010!

For those of you new to my blog welcome...
and for those popping in time and time again... thanks!!!

My cousin, Gwen called yesterday to see if she missed a blog  because she hadn't seen one in a week! As you can see this past week has been eventful... to say the least...
thus the reason behind a big lapse for me between posts!

In addition to the photos above there have been other things going on such as...getting to the gym, enjoying coffees with my gym friend, Ella... walking my dog in the beautiful weather with my neighbor, Heather,... going for lunch with my wonderful daughter, Jana...
teaching a couple of dance classes as a substitute teacher for a friend...
getting a hair cut and color from my hairdresser friend, Marla... and so much more!

I also helped with decorations and take down  of the shower and BBQ at the studio on the weekend as well as shop for those events, and plan games for them, too!


My life has been full lately...
and on top of all that, my commitment to the TV programs has been another time filler.
I have been pre recording the TV shows.... ELLEN, THE VOICE, X-FACTOR, and DANCING WITH THE STARS...and now a new addition to that is a show called
OVER THE RAINBOW
 where icon ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER and guest judges are searching for a gal to play the role of Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz as well as a dog to star as TOTO!

Yesterday as I babysat Mariah, we enjoyed the "Over the Rainbow" shows I recorded Sunday and Monday night. We both had a little cry together when they voted off the dog not suited for TOTO! It is sad when they take the red collar away. I find it sad when the Dorothy getting voted off has to turn in her shiny shoes, too!

Mariah and I had a great bond yesterday and created games and crafts along with dances and just had a fun day of events all round.

My life just seems like a series of events lately... But keeping busy helps me stay happy...
(not to mention somewhat chubby, too,
 with all the celebrations revolving around dinners and special food events!)

Hard to believe that 37 years ago I became an auntie for the first time. My nephew BRAD, celebrated his birthday on Sunday.

Tomorrow is another celebration for me...
September 27th, 1973 is the date I met my husband, Brian on a blind date!
WOW... and the beat goes on....in my EVENTFUL LIFE!

Friday I am being a substitute tap teacher for a grade one tap class at BSOBAD...which will be fun to once again get on my tap shoes to try to burn off some of the extra eating
I've done this past week!

My calendar says this today...
"Let your enthusiasm show."
-Irwin Greenberg

So on that note... here is my rhyme of the day!

My life has been real busy
in every single way,
But it has brought me happiness
throughout each passing day.
Sometimes we just need to stop
and live it while we can...
And I just love to live it full...
In fact I am a fan!
So if my blog is put on hold,
it means I'm having fun,
Doing things with family, friends,
or somewhere with someone!
Fall is such a pretty time
and such a colorful season...
It makes me want to walk my dog
in this fine weather for that reason!
TV has so many things
that get me so drawn in,
That I can not do everything,
and sometimes don't begin!
My life is so eventful...
and for that I'm ever grateful,
Each day is like a reason to
feel blessed and celebrate-full!

No comments:

Post a Comment