Wednesday, September 12, 2012

That Little EXTRA!

"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."
-Jimmy Johnson

"Never neglect the little things. Never skimp on that extra effort, that additional few minutes, that soft word of praise or thanks. That delivery of the very best you can do..."
-Og Mandino

"You can start right where you stand and apply the habit of going that extra mile..."
-Napoleon Hill


Here is a little book I created of photos of Mariah
back in 2008 when she was Beau's age.
At age 2 Mariah spent a lot of EXTRA time in this little dance Tutu
where her DANCE DREAMS all began!
The book is called "BEENA BEENA, BALLERINA"


Here is Mariah just this past Monday in front
of one of the Bulletin Boards at BSOBAD.
This was her first day of JAZZ...
and she began FULL classes in
TAP and BALLET that day, too. 


Mariah with her little friend Drew
both looking a little apprehensive here
waiting for their classes to begin
on the bench outside the studio. 


A photo snapped through the studio window
 of the girls all giving it that little EXTRA in their JAZZ class.
There were many kids in the class and all appeared to be having fun,
all doing their own take on what was being taught! 


Mariah with that little bit of EXTRA concentration
in the ballet warm up ...
She looks like she is sticking out her tongue,
but she was really focussing EXTRA hard!


Mariah and Beau on Sunday when they came for supper here.
They spent more time playing than eating.
We needed lots of EXTRA kleenex on hand
as Beau had such a runny nose that day!
He made me feel EXTRA special, too,
because he only wanted BUMMA to do everything for him
 including wiping his EXTRA snotty nose!


Hubby Brian and brother Brian fixing up their plates
with all the EXTRA yummy choices  we had for supper. 


Brother Brian giving SHUFFLE a little EXTRA
Love and Attention  before supper on Sunday.



This past couple weeks have had
 EXTRA milestones for Mariah.
Last week she began grade one at school,
and this week she began dancing.
Up until now she has been in little combo classes offering bits of Ballet and Tumbling to begin with and then a little
Tap was added in the second year.

When the dancers at BSOBAD
turn 6 they are old enough for the "INTRO"classes, which means they can take entire classes of each dance subject.
Until now Mariah had not experienced
JAZZ yet, she began that  along with INTRO classes in Ballet and Tap all back to back.

Their was a lot of EXTRA excitement to go with lots of EXTRA kids and parents in the waiting area on BSOBAD on Monday!


That is a lot of EXTRA for her this year...
from full days of school to full classes
in each dance subject!
She came with lots of
EXTRA ENTHUSIASM
on her first day, though.
(I was glad I was there with my camera to capture the first day at Dancing...
I had EXTRA enthusiasm, too!!)

I got remembering how much
EXTRA excitement she had when
I bought her the first little TUTU ...
she loved to wear it around the
house and dance away.
She called herself a ballerina
or a "Beena Beena"
 as she pronounced it.

I had taken so many photos of her
in this little Tutu and ended up creating
my first MAC BOOK on our computer
in 2008.
Since then I have created lots of EXTRA
books of not only her dance pics,
but other subjects as well.


It is my intension to create more books
on other subjects this fall.
It is an EXTRA FUN thing to do for me...
and keeps me creating!


Today I had many EXTRA things on my agenda, to do such as clean up my mess in the basement where I keep re locating all my
EXTRA piles of clutter!


However too many EXTRA things came up
that seemed much more fun!
I ended up going for lunch with
my studio friend, Brenda.
I enjoyed our visit and our lunch, too.

Then I got home and my cousin Gwen called to meet me for a STARBUCKS, so of course
 I couldn't turn down that offer either,
and we also had a great visit.


Another EXCITING EXTRA today...
 was when my hubby called me to say he had purchased tickets to the
PAUL McCARTNEY
concert in Edmonton in November.
I have so much EXTRA ENTHUSIASM
  as PAUL has always
been a EXTRA SPECIAL favorite of mine.

That will be an EXTRA SPECIAL way to celebrate Brian's upcoming 60th birthday and our 36th Wedding Anniversary this fall.


I was feeling EXTRA LUCKY with all the EXTRAS of my day!!!


Fall is the time of year when all the
EXTRA singing shows begin on TV,
 which I plan to TUNE into.
I also enjoyed the EXTRAORDINARY choreography on
So You Think You Can Dance
on TV last night, as well.

I have had a week off from the gym to rest a few little minor injuries, but my gym friend, ella popped by after the gym yesterday  and we enjoyed a nice little visit... so all in all
these past few days have had many EXTRAS!

On that note... my rhyme of the day!

Everyday life has so much
EXTRA it brings...
Sometimes it's found
in the simplest things.
Oh what a difference
can be made in one day,
In what people do
or in what they might say.
Sometimes the EXTRAS
can do so much...
To share with the loved ones,
that right loving touch.
Sometimes it's true
that less can be more...
But often the reverse
is what gets a high score!
EXTRAS in most things
turn ordinary into great,
As long as too many are not
on the plate!
By adding that food,
it goes to the waist...
From each EXTRA mouthful
and each EXTRA taste!
Time that is shared
with EXTRA pics snapped...
Leave less chance of memories
going untapped!
So make every EXTRA
the perfect amount...
Of turning each day into
one that will count.


No comments:

Post a Comment