Friday, September 7, 2012

"NOSTALGiA & NEW BEGiNNiNGS!

"Nostalgia is a file that removes the 
rough edges from the good old days."
-Doug Larson

"Every new beginning comes 
from some other beginning's end."
-Seneca

"The journey between what you once were and who you are becoming is where the dance of life really takes place."
Barbara Deangelis


A NEW BEGINNING...and a bit of NOSTALGIA!
seems like only yesterday when Mariah
was beginning pre-school seen here in Fall of 2010.
Now she is starting GRADE ONE...
(Still waiting to see the photo from her first milestone day of school!!!)

More NOSTALGIA!
Here are my two kids on their first day of school in 1987.
Jana beginning Grade 1 and Colin going into grade 3.
(our living room looks much the same 30 years later!!!!!)


A very NOSTALGIC picture for me...
My dad hanging the sign on my dance studio door in FALL of 1974.
Although the photo is blurry, the memory is still very clear,
and such a fond NEW BEGINNING in my life...
which went on to reopen for 28 consecutive falls , too.


Another sort of blurry photo...  here is Mariah showing off
her new backpack and umbrella for GRADE ONE ...
This was taken a few days ago.


Mariah with her other Grandparents Nancy and Arvid,
who were visiting from Edmonton this past weekend.


A special little snuggle with Beau this past Monday in Jana's back yard.


"FANCY GRANDMA NANCY-MADE" Cupcakes
for a belated Birthday Celebration this past Monday...
 for Beau's 2nd and Arvid's 60th Birthdays
which both took place in the summer .


Beau set down his cheese and is eyeing up the Dinosaur cake
 made by his
"BUMMA NANCY"!


The Birthday boys sharing some fun on Monday at Jana's.
Poppa Brian in the back ground along with Nancy's sister, Shelly.


Another birthday boy picture...
This "BATMAN" mask was part of a birthday gift bag,
 and was a huge hit with Beau!


The night before Mariah began Grade One...
I popped over to help label school supplies.
I couldn't believe that they needed 15 glue sticks for the grade one year,
unless that was a typo on the supply list!!!! 


More NOSTALGIA and NEW BEGINNINGS...
one of the many BSOBAD bulletin Boards for the dancers
returning to
BRENDA'S SCHOOL OF BATON and DANCE. 


Another bulletin board in the Albert Community  Centre
where the dancing will be into their 30th dance season at BSOBAD.


This week  has been a real flood of
NOSTALGIA mixed with
new BEGINNINGS.


I always have a lot of memories
in the FALL every year of so many new beginnings from years gone by.


I met my husband, Brian, in
September of 1973 on a blind date in Edmonton while I was there attending a
Brian Foley Dance Workshop.


I opened my
DIANE WILL DANCE STUDIO
in September of 1974.
My studio went on to reopen 28 seasons...
and saw many dancers come and go ...
and many went on to
successful dance careers.


My own daughter, Jana,
was one who went onto a professional
dance career, which began for her
in the fall of 2000.
She did 5 contracts as a
performer/dancer in Tokyo Disneyland.


Each fall was a mix of emotions as I sent my children to school...and this year I had a new dimension of that with my first grand child beginning grade one.
Jana shared that she was somewhat
emotional as she dropped Mariah off
on her first day of Grade one this week, too.
I could so relate!
Mariah loves grade one so far
after her first two days of it.


We moved into our current home
30 years ago in September.
We have celebrated many things
in this home...
My kids were only 1 and 3 then
and are now 31 and 33.
Although the kids have grown
into successful and happy adults...
the home is still much the same
inside and out... with bigger trees.
I still feel happy living in this home, 

it has really become my comfort zone!


I joined "BSOBAD"
 BRENDA'S SCHOOL OF BATON AND DANCE in the fall of 2002 when they were beginning their 20th dance season.
I was the TAP director there until May of 2008, as well as doing displays on the many bulletin boards in the building. I still do the boards but have retired from teaching dancing.


One of my favorite things about doing the bulletin boards is the many THEMES
we have done. Because of the Studio name "BEES" have always been a part of the themes... but several other themes have past through the studio in my 10 seasons there.
I decided to recycle a favorite THEME again this fall which brought me more nostalgia!
The "FROG" THEME is a "TOAD"-ALLY
UN-"FROG"-ETTABLE
favorite of mine!
I know the dancers and teachers will
"TOAD"-ally ROCK this season as they begin the 30th TIMELESS season at BSOBAD.


Mariah will be BEGINNING
Dance at BSOBAD next week as well.
Up until now she has done combo classes only. This season she gets to do complete classes in TAP, JAZZ, and BALLET.
I am not sure who is more excited
about that new beginning...
her or her GRAMMiE D!


The only thing I do not enjoy about the FALL... is I know it will soon be the 

BEGINNING of WINTER!. 
Summer always goes by so fast!

On that note... here is the rhyme of the day!

I really do love SEPTEMBER...
when it comes to call.
It brings new beginnings,
and also brings us FALL.
It makes me NOSTALGIC
of BEGINNINGS gone by...
Memories of so very many things...
oh my, oh my!
I remember when I had my studio
way back when,
I sure loved to begin a brand new
dance season back then.
I go way back to when my
kids began school.
Some years were emotional,
and others were so cool!
We moved into our house
where we still live... 30 years ago.
The house hasn't changed much,
but the kids sure did grow!
I also met my hubby in the fall
 on a blind date...
Another fond memory
to recall and celebrate!
As I grow older,
milestones in life mean more...
There seems to be so many
for me to keep and store!
The simple little memories,
I make along the way,
In fall and all the seasons...
add up for me each day!  


No comments:

Post a Comment