Sunday, September 9, 2012

HaPpY GRANDPARENT DaY!

"Blessed are those who snuggle and hug, spoil and pamper, boast and brag... for they shall be called Grandmother!"

"Grandchildren fill a space in your heart you never knew was empty."

"Grandchildren complete life's circle of Love."

"We may not be rich and famous, but our Grandchildren are priceless."

All the above quotes were found on a Facebook page I found entitled... 
"GRANDPARENTS. COM"



Here is a photo of US PROUD GRANDPARENTS
with our sweet grandkids, Mariah and Beau
 taken August, 2012.

Hoping to get a new updated one today, too,
when they come here for supper later today.


Sharing a snuggle and special swing with my grandkids
in summer 2012 


Brian chalking the sidewalks with Beau last weekend. 


Off to the park with the grandkiddoes! 


Poppa Brian and his kidlets! 


Brian enjoying a special moment with his special little girly!
Father's day 2012. 


A GRANDMA photo of Grandma Nancy and me
with Mariah in September of 2010 the day she
started her dancing lessons and
TAP was added to her combo class.
This was a really special "GRAMMiE D"
moment in time for me!


According to the calendar ... today is once again "GRANDPARENT DAY".
I googled it to check on the details of the origination of this special Celebration.
It became an official day to celebrate back in 1978 in USA and has since been declared a celebration in other parts of the world at different times of the year. Each year GRANDPARENTS all over USA and CANADA celebrate this day on the first Sunday following Labour day weekend.


I know as I get older in life...
all little reasons to CELEBRATE
have become more important to me.
Just being a GRANDPARENT itself is a CELEBRATION for me pretty much any time I am with my sweet two grandkids,
MARiAH who is now 6 and
BEAU who is now 2.


Both Brian and I are so grateful for being able to spend a lot of time with the kids.
Mariah was born in Edmonton and
 then moved to Saskatoon with her
mommy and daddy when she was 2.
Beau has lived here his life!

We are lucky enough to share lots of memorable moments, occasions, and celebrations with the grandkids and are hoping the memories we are fortunate enough to make with them will hold a memorable spot in their lives for them, too.

Although my family doesn't visit my
blog often... (if at all!)...
 I am hoping the times I have shared in it about the grandkids along the way will help keep the those memories alive in mind at least....
because there are just so many cherished ones for me.

Tomorrow Mariah begins another year of DANCING. Up until now she has attended a once a week combo class, but for her first year this year, she will have separate classes in TAP, JAZZ and BALLET 

all with different teachers for each.
I am certainly pretty pumped 

for her about that, too. 
Another MILESTONE
and reason to CELEBRATE!

I was grateful for wonderful memories of GRANDPARENTS in my life. My dad's mom passed away when I was only Mariah's age... but I still have so many vivid memories of her.
 I have such good things in my heart to remember all of my GRANDPARENTS by.

My children were also lucky to share many fond memories of their GRANDPARENTS in their years growing up. Their one set,(my parents) are now in heaven, but their other set of GRANDPARENTS, (Brian's parents) are still living...and I know how special all of them are to my kids and always will be.

There is something so special about being a parent... but the experience of being a GRANDPARENT adds that "GRAND" expression to the word "PARENT" for sure!

I love every stage we have experienced so far and look forward to many more to come.
 I started out as "GRAMMiE D" to Mariah, but she now calls me "GRANDMA",
and Beau began calling both Brian and me "POPPA" until a couple of months ago, when he began calling me "BUMMA!"

Whatever the grandkids choose to call us, 

I will love. To me they will always be called CHERISHED GRANDKIDS!

Somehow... BRAGGING is all good when one is a GRANDPARENT...and all GRANDPARENTS seem to know that rule...

I want to wish all my GRANDPARENT
friends and relatives near and far
a VERY HAPPY GRANDPARENT DAY!

To me there isn't a better
CHAPTER in my book of LIFE!


Of all the chapters in my life,
this one is truly the BEST,
Because being a GRANDPARENT
just makes me feel BLESSED!
On my calendar that is
being honored today...
It's another CELEBRATION,
coming my way!
GRANDKIDS and CELEBRATING
are two favorite things...
I LOVE them both for the
Joys that they bring.
Special is how they
both make me feel, too,
When ever I'm with them
with all that we do.
Being a mom was fun ...
but do understand,
GRANDKIDS just turn that fun
all into GRAND!
I'm grateful for my sweet
MARIAH and BEAU...
Being their GRANDMA,
is the BEST THING I KNOW!



No comments:

Post a Comment