Monday, November 12, 2012

A "FAIRY TALE" WEDDING!

"Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."
-Author Unknown

"If you see the magic in fairy tale
you can feel the future."
-Danielle Steel

"Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale."
-Hans Christian Anderson


Here is the cutest little FAIRY TALE
flower girl and ring bearer coming down the aisle of the
KNOX UNITED CHURCH at Saturday's big wedding! 

A very close up shot of my princess- grand daughter,
MARIAH as she sprinkled flower petals on her way in!
(Too bad my camera was too slow to actually get her full head in this one.)


The full 19 piece wedding party at the Church...
 here featured on a little crafted booklet form card
 I made yesterday morning to present
to the bride and groom at the gift opening. 

A couple more photos in the little booklet
with the wedding party divided into two halves!


The very STUNNING BRIDE... SAVANNAH...
making her FAIRY TALE  come true! 


Even the church in the snowy setting looks like one out of a FAIRY TALE. 


A cute pic of my Dear Auntie Betty from Chicago here with my brother Brian
as we had a little snack at the Free House Restaurant between wedding and reception! 


Another photo from the little FAIRY TALE booklet!
This one from the reception. 


Friday I helped decorate the Manhatten Ballroom ...
into this very picturesque FAIRY TALE/ VEGAS looking
room... which is seen here on the evening of the wedding.


Here are the very happy and proud parents
of the groom and their new daughter-in-law,
at Saturday's reception.
My brother, BOB and his wife, ARLEEN.


The newly weds...
and what a cute FAIRYTALE COUPLE they make!
SAVANNAH & my nephew, JEFF. 


A cute SHOE game played at the reception.
They had to hold up whose shoe was most like to rule different things...
this one might be about who will take up the most closet space...
I see they both held up SAVANNAH'S shoe in this one! 


My daughter, Jana and Savannah...
both wearing FAIRYTALE SMILES! 


My other nephew, Brad and his very sweet wife, Janelle.
Brad delivered a great TOAST to the groom and Janelle
did a wonderful and very meaningful reading at the church.
These two are also like a perfect FAIRYTALE couple!


Another FAIRYTALE couple...
Jana and Nels! 


My Cousins sharing a great little visit with our visiting Auntie Betty
here at the reception. 


Another great RELATIVE photo...
Here are my Auntie Mary and Uncle Charlie
here with their 3 daughters,
 Pat, Gwen and Bev... and son in law, Bob.
This was following the church part of the wedding.
I love that they all proudly wore their poppies in honor of
Remembrance day.
TALK about FAIRYTALE type SMILES!!!!!!


Here is a pic of me with my sweet hubby, Brian before the wedding.
Right behind us... my mom and dad can be seen on the shelf
in a photo. I know they would have been a prat of this
FAIRYTALE wedding day in spirit from the heavens above.
Infact with all the big snowflakes coming down on Saturday,
they must have been blowing many kisses down from heaven! 


My Auntie Betty spent the night before the wedding here,
 and we had such a good visit... this is us before the wedding together.
She is such a cherished auntie for me and
reminds me a lot in personality of my dad. 


A very sweet little hand crafted card and angel left for me from my Auntie Betty,
in the room where she slept on Friday night!
I will cherish this as well. 


This was Beau and his BUMMA crafting with stickers...
or "DICKERS" as he calls them...
 at yesterday morning's gift opening and brunch held at TUSQ restaurant. 

Savannah and Jeff at the gift opening
 as they opened my little crafted card/booklet.


The last page of the booklet has a few pics of the decorating day.
Jeff, Savannah and my grandkids Beau and Mariah at the hall,
getting excited for the FAIRYTALE to begin!


Thanks to any one visiting today's blog...
first of all may I say... this post does have more photos than my normal ones do.

However that being said...
I do take a lot of photos of my daily life, and this weekend was no exception to that rule!!!!!!
In fact I took a total of 172 photos from Friday through Sunday inclusive,
and a couple of videos, too!
I was actually disappointed with the quality of my photos... but the memories of the splendid FAIRY TALE WEDDING
will live in my head forever!


Friday was spent decorating the Manhatten Ballroom for the FAIRYTALE to begin!
All the bridesmaids and the bride and groom along with many family members helped transform the room from just a big open space into a FAIRY TALE picturesque room.


I was so happy to have my Auntie Betty staying with us for the evening before the wedding.
She is visiting Saskatoon from CHICAGO.
We had a nice supper, visit and even reviewed some favorite TV shows together... a nice evening all round. Betty shared that she enjoys staying different nights with different relatives as it gives her more "one on one" time with each. She is my dad's youngest sister, and I see so many resemblances between the two...
in looks as well as in personality.


Saturday's weather forecast was a bit
WINTERY to say the least...
but oh how it set such a beautiful look
for the day.
Jeff and Savannah wanted a
WINTER WHITE WEDDING DAY,
and they got their wish!


The church was beautiful, too, and such a wonderful setting for the FAIRY TALE to begin.
Aside from being so very happy for the newly weds on their special day, I was also a proud GRAMMIE, too, as I watched my sweet grand daughter, MARIAH, sprinkling flower petals down the aisle. She took her job very seriously... infact she even practiced it here the day before as she sprinkled hair accessories out of a little bag in our living room!!!!!
She couldn't have looked more darling and
I couldn't have been more proud!
She was the MINI PRINCESS in this FAIRYTALE!


There was a long lapse between the church
and reception... so we took Auntie Betty for a little visit with my in-laws, Blanche and Greg followed by some of the family gathering for a supper at FREE HOUSE on Spadina Cres.
More fun visits there all round!


The reception for the over 500 guests was
 full of life and sparkle... There were several toasts by the many wedding party members followed by words of welcome
and thanks by the families.
I had a couple of favorites...
I loved the toast to the groom, by my nephew BRAD. JEFF had given the toast to him two years ago  at his wedding, too.
Both boys do a great job of speaking and delivering their keen senses of humor...
so enjoyable. Arleen did a lovely welcome to the family speech to Savannah, too...
which ended in a delightfully written poem, which I am assuming Arleen wrote.
( I always enjoy a poem!!!)
Brad's wife, Janelle had also done a lovely reading at the church, which was well delivered and full of great meaning for the day.


Yesterday family and close friends were invited to share in a nice brunch at TUSQ restaurant, while the newly weds opened gifts.
It looked as though everyone had a great time the day before... but were a
little more relaxed this day.


Yesterday I also thought of
 REMEMBRANCE DAY
And thought of the many soldiers
who served for our country...
I proudly wore red and my poppy
in their honor.



This is a great quote and a favorite
of the groom, My nephew, Jeff,
which was included on the back
of the wedding program on saturday,
which kind of
sums things all up for this blog...


"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them... They didn't understand life."
-John Lennon


On that quote... my poem of the day!

I felt the wedding was like a fairy tale dream...
From the picturesque beauty,
to the bride and groom's beam!
Many a photo was taken all day...
But being there in person was the very best way,
To capture the beauty from the very start,
So many moments really captured my heart.
It renewed the spirit and love in us all...
From the warmth of the people
gathered at the hall.
My flower girl princess stood out to me...
As she sprinkled her petals so perfectly!
Some of the readings and toasts
were just devine,
I had some favorites and
ones that were just fine!
The snowy forecast sure
delivered the weather...
But didn't hinder every sparkle and feather!
The event was filled with all it should be...
A HEAVEN SENT day...
and a fond memory!



2 comments:

  1. This was fun to read and look at today, my friend. It was indeed, a fairy tale wedding and you did capture it beautifully. I love how you always make welcome family and friends and open your big 'ol heart and your home to them. The smile on your face really reflects the joy in your heart. Good work, Diane. Love the poem. Still don't know how you do those poems so smoothly and poignantly, in Diane style. Keep on writing - this world really needs the joy you are so wonderful at scattering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. once again appreciation to you for stopping by and sharing your kind heart and words with me. I truly feel blessed in many ways... it is hard not to burst with how I feel when I share my blogs with whoever cares to stop in and see what is going on in my little corner of the world! My family and friends and life are all very important to me...and have learned that appreciation of what I value ... is really a good thing!
      I value your friendship, too...and your encouragement and kindness shared here as well. Thank you again! :)

      Delete