Friday, November 9, 2012

SNOW much Happening!

"Some people want it to happen, some people wish it would happen,
others make it happen."
-Michael Jordan

"Where does the white go when the snow melts?"
-Author Unknown

"Snowflakes are kisses from Heaven."
Author Unknown

Beau and Mariah having SNOW much fun
on Sunday here!

Mariah and Me ready to put the hat on our snowman!

The snowman seems to be leaning back a bit here!!!!!

My niece Rowen with Mariah dancing in the hallway
at the dance studio on sunday when we went
to take down the pumpkins off the bulletin boards...
Those two also have SNOW much fun always!


In spite of the  backwards lean on the snowman... by Monday
it had face planted into the lawn!
That was the shortest life of a snowman that I have ever seen!

Shuffle in her SNOWMAN sweater checking out the weather outside!

A snowman on out fireplace mantel.
the little signs beside it have a great message for day to day life!

The gifts I wrapped last week for the wedding tomorrow...
10 groomsmen and 5 bridesmaids!
In addition there will be a flower girl and ring bearer as well.


In my busy travels this week
I have managed to taste 3 of the CHRISTMAS
varieties of STARBUCKS lattes...
all SNOW yummy!
... and I always love their red cups.

One of many updated bulletin boards at the dance studio...
changed from pumpkins to snowflakes
... and lots of new pics and signs, poems etc!

A fund raiser calendar...
JANA is featured on the month of AUGUST 2013.
$5.00 from each sale goes to
RONALD McDONALD HOUSE.


The front of the calendar...
Life really is all about BALANCE!
(the photos in this calendar are all great, too) 

SNOWMEN always make me smile...
I purchased this new little mat at Walmart this week,
and it definitely puts a SMILE on my face!
...some times it's the little things that make me happy!!!!!


Well this has certainly been a mixed bag type of week with SNOW MUCH HAPPENING!
I decided to get up early and write a quick blog, as later this morning I'm off to help decorate the hall for my nephew, Jeff's wedding tomorrow.

This week started off with lots of SNOW on Sunday, and by Monday it was melting away, but since we have seen rain, sleet and more snow!

It has not only been a mixed week of weather, but activities for me, too!
Monday I was at a funeral and it was a nice tribute to my in-laws' neighbor Kay... she was obviously well thought of.

I went for my body vive class at the gym on Tuesday only to find they were replacing that class this week only with a boot camp class.
Although it wasn't my favorite class... it did kick my butt! I think the dance teacher in me didn't enjoy the fact the circuits didn't all go to the music playing in the background!!!

I enjoyed a nice cup of tea and visit with my good friend Ella at her lovely home on tuesday as well.

I have been tuned into all my favorite TV shows... Ellen, XFactor, The Voice...and watched the grand finale of Over the Rainbow, too... and was happy the girl I liked won the part of Dorothy in an upcoming staging of The Wizard Of Oz to be staged by the famous Andrew Lloyd Webber.

I spent SNOW MANY hours updating the bulletin boards at BSOBAD dance studio this week. I know looking at the photos of the boards really doesn't look  like they take much time... but believe me they do! However that being said... it is time I enjoy as it gives me a place to be creative on my own time.

Friends and relatives in USA will be happy with the fact OBAMA was once again voted in as president for another term. I do not follow  politics much... but was pleased to see him win the presidential race.

I did some cleaning here yesterday for my house guest, Auntie Betty, from Chicago. She is here for just a little over a week, and is sharing her cheer with many of the in town relatives while in town. Tonight she is with us. She came for the big event tomorrow which is my nephew, Jeff's wedding. It is funny how it often takes out of town relatives coming to town, to unite the ones who live in town already!!!!
I look forward to having her as my guest... she is a very dear aunt to me, and my dad's youngest sister.

I'm also excited for MARIAH to be a flower girl at the wedding tomorrow... this is her third time of doing that role! She was a flower girl twice before for a couple of Jana's friends... once when she was only 2 and then again when she was 3! Now she should feel like a real "PRO" at it at the age of 6!

I had a couple of funny HAPPENINGS while shopping this week...
Twice I purchased things at different stores on different days only to find them missing when I got home. So I had to return to the stores to get what didn't get into my bags!!!!
Also while buying groceries this week... my big order went through and was all bagged... my check was written and the receipt would not print... so due to store policy, it had to ALL GO THROUGH another till... what an ordeal!
Thanks to Safeway for giving me a $10.00  coupon to use on my next order for that little inconvenience! The funny part about that story was that the second time my order was rang through... it came to 4 cents more than the first ring through!!!!

Well I will be wishing my Nephew JEFF and his bride to be, SAVANNAH all the best tomorrow as they enter the journey of marriage....
 for them a little quote...

"Marriage is the golden ring in a chain whose beginning is a glance and whose ending is eternity."
-Kahlil Gibran

and on that quote... my rhyme of the day!

This past week has had a really big mix,
Some snow and also a wee grandkid fix!
From funerals to weddings...
lots on the go,
And creating boards and gift wrapping so.
Cleaning the house to be
"company ready"...
For my house guest this weekend...
My DEAR AUNTIE BETTY!
Helping to decorate for the big day...
Flower girl wishes for my girl born in May!
Not as much gym for me this week,
But a boot camp I took gave me a peek...
Into how it would be to get into shape fast!
SNOW much going on... memories to last.
Sending my love to the groom and his bride,
A day filled with bliss
as they enter their ride,
On the journey they'll
take together in their life,
As a brand new husband...
and his sweet wife!


4 comments:

  1. Awesome snowvember boards at the studio...love love love you and what you do@!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - love how you share you life, beginning with wonderful quotes, then concluding with a well written fun poem. It is all SO Diane and a wonderful read. Thanks for sharing. Your pics are great! Oh, I loved Shuffle's sweater. I too LOVE snowmen! Good blog, great read. Once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlene/ Ethel! I love snowmen too...and maybe even more so now knowing they are made with love sent from heaven! Once again I value that you take the time to pop by my blogs to read and also comment too... it means a lot to me!

      Delete