Friday, November 16, 2012

Simple & Special

"Life becomes precious and more special to us when we look for the little everyday miracles and get excited about the priveleges of simply being human."
-Tim Hansel

"I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone and best for both the body and the mind."
-Albert Einstein

"Only someone special can make ordinary moments seem extraordinary."
-Author Unknown

Here was Mariah last night wishing her Grandma Nancy
a SPECIAL
"Happy Birthday".
Notice the little Teddy Bear drawing she was working on , too!


Inside the SPECIAL TEDDY BEAR PICNIC drawing
shown in the photo above... is an invite for a SPECIAL day at her school next Friday.
I feel honored she chose me to come to that
SPECIAL TEDDY BEAR PICNIC Lunch with her! 


Here is BEAU last night sitting on the kitchen floor
with some of his SPECIAL toys and his bedtime milk.
He is proudly wearing his Edmonton Oiler's HOCKEYshirt, too!


Mariah enjoying a simply special moment with her poppa
playing a little video game in her bedroom, last night before bedtime. 


Beau picking out some stories for me to read to him before bedtime last night.
He is simply adorable... growing up so fast...
(his hair is also growing so fast!)
... I personally think it would be SPECIAL if he got a little trim,
however his parents are going for the "SURFER- DUDE" look apparently!


Yesterday this SPECIAL package came in the mail
for BRIAN as a BELATED BIRTHDAY greeting from COLIN.
It is a beautifully hand crafted card by his girlfriend's mom,
with a nice message in it.

TRULY VERY SPECIAL!!!!!!! 


SHUFFLE squeezed into a little SANTA Jacket
I bought her yesterday... need to get a bigger size! 


SPOT how SPECIAL it is even though a bit too tight to do up!
Shuffle was so sad when I took it off to return to Winner's! 


SPOT how cute this little pan is...
I found it at Safeway and it is SIMPLY perfect for making one egg,
... I love that it has polka dots!!!!! 


The first batch of NUTS & BOLTS is always SIMPLY SPECIAL around here...
it is a traditional kick off to the Christmas season for our family! 


Some SIMPLY SPECIAL people in my life!
My brother Brian with my cousin Bev and my Auntie Betty in the background...
this was taken earlier this week at a family supper out at Gibson's Fish & Chips.
This is also a traditional place to go for a meal while Auntie Betty is in town...
and the best place in town for yummy fish! 


Even a SIMPLE lunch can be SPECIAL!
This was what I ate today for lunch...
polka dot plates and napkins help the presentation, too...
not to mention the yummy mini chocolate fondue for my apple slices for dessert!


My last blog was a tough act to follow!!!!!
However that being said...
I find it SPECIAL that you have popped by to read about my SIMPLE little life this week!

Even though my life has had a simpler feel to it this week, I have had many moments of SPECIAL in it along the way.

After the excitement of last weekend's big wedding for my nephew Jeff and his new wife, Savannah... I have gotten back to routine again this week. Oh and if you would like to check out a stunning photo of them by the professional photographer, go to GINA'S PORTRAITS. She has a wonderful blog of her photography,
I actually got caught up in it the other day for well over an hour looking at her
SIMPLY SPECIAL work!

I have made it to the gym everyday this week so far in the mornings with a follow up coffee with my friend, Ella, and one day we were joined by my neighbor Heather as well.
Today later on we plan to all go for a
SPECIAL outing as well.

Yesterday I had a fun lunch and Starbucks visit with my dance buddy, Brenda and ran into my cousin Gwen out shopping after that, too.
Always fun with them!

Last night we popped by Nels and Jana's for a quick little GRANDKID fix.  The kids were  busy as ever... in fact Mariah was talking on the phone to her GRANDMA NANCY when we arrived. It was her birthday yesterday... so we got to wish her special greeting while there as well. Beau was all over the place...
active and demanding as ever...
but ever so cute as always!

Mariah had colored a very SPECIAL invitation for me to attend a TEDDY BEAR'S PICNIC at her school next Friday which I am already excited about... should be such a fun time for us. Her parents will be working so she phoned me on Wednesday night to invite me already!
The call was SIMPLY SPECIAL, too...
she is becoming so grown up since she has been in Grade one.

This week's TV shows have been great...
really enjoying all the singing and dance shows...along with my favorite ELLEN.
I always compare notes on what we thought over phone calls with my brother, Brian who also watches the singing shows...
The Voice and X Factor, too!

Today it was rather SPECIAL at the gym when they congratulated one of the teachers there, PEGGY... on her video as an international presenter of the new launches video taped in New Zeland. Peggy is one of my favorite teachers at Goodlife and taught a fabulous body flow class today, too. I cannot say enough about how lucky I am to have such a great gym with awesome instructors to attend on a daily basis only 10 minutes from home!

I was pleasantly surprised when a package arrived in the mail from my son, Colin yesterday. Those of you who do not know him... you have to know that he is very SIMPLISTIC and is usually a minimalist.
LESS is truly MORE always to him!
In the time he has lived in Montreal
(nearly 14 years) this is only the second thing we have ever received from him in the mail.
He doesn't do cards and gifts really as a rule... since he was a teen... he thinks it isn't really necessary... however he sent this lovely hand crafted card with nice message for his dad's recent birthday... which we both found to be SIMPLY SPECIAL!

This afternoon I am looking forward to a trip to a local store here in the city called
GARDEN ARCHITECTURE.
I am going with two of my friends to see the annual display of their spectacular
Christmas trees... no one does them up more SPECIAL!!!!!

Tomorrow I am having my grandkids for a sleepover...and then on Sunday I look forward to a visit from my LANIGAN bestie, LINDA.
We will for sure have to do a traditional STARBUCKS run...
first one for us two in a long time!

I am beginning to get excited for my upcoming trip to Edmonton to see Sir Paul McCarteny
in a little over a week... that will be
SIMPLY SPECIAL for sure!

This week has been some what simpler than last week... but I am very content with all the little special moments it's had to offer.

In my final year of teaching dancing full time
I created this saying which truly fits this blog post and really every day of life....

"TAP into something SIMPLE and make it SPECIAL everyday."

So on that note and quote....

Life's about simple things
and making them special everyday,
From the littlest routine things...
to what you do and say.
Noticing the details...
and realizing their beauty,
Sharing special moments...
with someone who's a cutie!
Drinking fancy coffees
with cinnamon or honey,
Enjoying time to laugh at things
that seem so very funny!
Doing things that mean a lot
with friends or on your own,
Sharing smiles with people
everywhere
can set the tone.

2 comments:

  1. This blog was 'simply special' for me too, I loved reading all about your special events and busy life! Love love the photos. Little Beau is getting BIG and more handsome in every photo. It's nice to see and read how much you love and enjoy life with your family. Thank you for sharing it with your readers...it's more then simply special, it's super special for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlene... I always appreciate when you pop by to read and comment on the blog... You are simply special to me!

      Delete