Thursday, November 1, 2012

TRiCKY TREAT!

"There is a child in everyone of us 
that is still a TRICK-OR TREATER 
looking for a brightly lit porch."
-Robert Brault

"In North america "Trick or Treat"
 has been a customary 
Halloween tradition since the 
early 1950's."
-Wikipedia

"TRICKY TREAT!"
-This is the term my good friend, Linda's 2 year old grandson, REED, said enthusiastically 
last night when "Trick or Treating" at his GRANNY'S HOUSE!... 
I loved the term so much it was 
the inspiration for today's blog title!



It was a little "TRICKY" capturing the traditional
FAMILY TRICK OR TREAT photo last night...
Beau was all over the map!
Jana didn't get a chance to dress up this time,
she worked till 6... so too rushed.


This TRICK or TREAT photo of the grandkids and
 the dog actually turned out cute considering
how hectic it was while I was taking it!
Mariah and Shuffle were both  "THE LITTLE MERMAID"
& Beau was a "FIREMAN" ...
but it was more than TRICKY to get him to wear the hat, so we gave up!


SHUFFLE is looking timid here...
I think that scary WITCH spooked her...
she is thinking "WITCH way can I go to hide?" 


SHUFFLE was  "PAWS"-itively adorable in her
Little Mermaid costume watching for all the Trick or Treaters .
She LOVED HALLOWEEN!!!


It wasn't TRICKY to get her to pose for several photos,
She was all about being in a photo... just like a little movie star! 


It was TRICKY to recognize NELS and MARIAH at first in their disguises.
Mariah looked pretty cute as a red head I thought!
Nels had his traditional halloween favorite hippy jacket on...
but all his added on facial hair kind of scared Beau! 


This is a cute mother-daughter picture...
one day it would be fun to get them both in a Mermaid costume together...
 but that could be TRICKY! 


Beau seemed more interested in the ribbon that tied up his TREAT bag
and the BATMAN coloring book in it than any of the actual chocolate TREATS! 

When it was time for them to go... it was TRICKY to get Beau to leave...
 he wanted a blankie and a balloon, and a "NUGGLE with BUMMA!"
(snuggle with grandma!)
... Which made my day!


The special TRICKY TREATS for the kids!
oddly neither of the kids were as excited about the candy
as they were about the books. 


Mariah wore this little ROCKER costume at school in the afternoon yesterday.
I'm not sure why she didn't want to wear her mermaid costume then...
but she looked cute and was very enthusiastic when I dropped her off after
a little HALLOWEEN lunch together at Boston Pizza!


Here she is again on Monday at her dress up day at dancing.
She is standing in a kind of tricky on the ankles kind of pose! 

WITCH way to GOODLIFE FITNESS?????
This was the NEW BODY class yesterday morning
taught by Nicole in the Witch hat in front.
My good gym buddy Ella (on the left) and I
went from the gym to STARBUCKS after, too.


One more pic of the TRICKY TREATS... with the
WITCHY PUMPKIN.
I added books to these packs later.


Well another HALLOWEEN has come and gone...and it was successful although...
sure not as many kids out as there once was in this neighborhood. It is always TRICKY estimating how many TREATS to buy...
and as always there is an abundance
of them leftover.
 So now it will be TRICKY to not keep dipping into those TREATS myself!!!
We had a grand total of 28 treaters out last night... including Beau and Mariah.

My dog, Shuffle LOVED HALLOWEEN...
and was ever so eager to greet each and every trick or treater who came to our door.
I had her in her costume and on her leash so she could step outside each time...
and the kids got a kick out of her, too.
I saw many cute costumes and had a lot of polite and grateful kids out , too, I might add!


I once loved Halloween, too...
but not as much any more.
I enjoy parts of it... but mostly I am happy when it is done for another season and I can put away all the orange pumpkins, etc.
in fact that being said... I have already switched from my regular ipod of music to my separate Christmas only one as of today.
I am guessing by mid November I will have a head start on decorating
for that season as well!

I have been to the gym each day this week... but still with the intake of the little chocolate bars I have had... it will be a little TRICKY getting to that "NEW BODY"!


Even though it says
 "COFFEE CRISP makes a nice 'LIGHT' Snack"
I am not fooled by that ... hehehe... but I am somehow lured in none the less!
So it might be  more like SLIM SLOW
instead of SLIM FAST!!!
Oh those darned "TRICKY TREATS!!!"

I enjoyed a visit with my neighbor, Heather along with my gym buddy, Ella following our gym on Tuesday. And Yesterday was out to Starbucks, too. Apparently tomorrow is the new launch of the Christmas
drinks and cups at Starbucks...
they always lure me in too...
just another TRICKY TREAT!

My heart still goes out to all people in the paths of HURRICANE SANDY... and I will keep you all in my prayers and thoughts...
I hope it is not too TRICKY to STAY SAFE!

on that note... my rhyme of the day!


TRICK or TREATIN' 's come and gone ,
for another year.
I enjoyed the costumes
worn by those so dear.
However, there are TREATS galore
left for me to eat...
Way too many for me...
lots and lots are sweet!
Halloween is TRICKY
to know how much to buy,
Not as many witches out this year
and on the fly!


2 comments:

  1. Ah - I wish I'd had the time to read this as it would have put me in the mood for Halloween. Like you, I enjoyed it more when I was younger. But your place (and you) always look great. I still don't know how you keep your home so sparkly clean. And you look GOOD, so slim and pretty. And fit. Your grandkids sure do keep you busy, but they are so adorable. Love the pics also of your daughter (she's beautiful) and handsome Nels. Fun seeing he was in the spirit, too. Terrific blog, my friend! Love the quotes and the poem! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlene/Ethel... hehehe... I am glad you enjoyed this one. Thanks for your compliments on my family, too. I like to think that Jana and Nels are a very nice looking couple... too... not to mention great parents to my dear grandkids. We are so blessed to enjoy lots of fun times with them all.

      Delete