Monday, November 19, 2012

TRADiTiONS CONTiNUE!

"Tradition simply means that we need to end what began well and continue what is worth 
continuing."
-Jose Beramin

"Tradition doesn't have to be logical; it only has to emphasize the light of Christ and his everlasting love."
-Lori Copeland

"All major religious traditions carry basically the same message, that is love, compassion forgiveness...the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives."
-Dalai Lama


This was my Lanigan BESTIE, Linda and me at STARBUCKS yesterday,
We "TRADITIONALLY" get a pic every time we visit there...
let the TRADITIONS CONTINUE!
(we both look tired here after our little power shop... we were ready for a coffee!)


Beau with his Poppa Brian here at Boston Pizza Saturday night...
TRADITIONALLY the kid's favorite restaurant to eat... and they
always have their favorite meal... "Bugs N' Cheese!" 

Here is the "GIRL" side of the table at Boston Pizza...
Mariah had her little friend, Drew along to enjoy the fun, too!
Check out the fellows in red turbans behind us...
Beau thought that was SANTA...and 'nother one' SANTA!

Here is the NATIVITY as seen through our car window
while driving through the ENCHANTED FOREST
with the kids on Saturday night.... more TRADITIONS!

Another SLEEPOVER!!!!!!
The kids love when they have a TRADITIONAL one of those, too!

Funny how the TRADITION of making little SMURF PARADES
lives on into it's second generation of kids!


This was on Friday outside the extra location of
GARDEN ARCHITECTURE  on 20th and Ave. B.
I loved this little SNOWMAN in the POLKA DOT box in the window!

Here are my friends HEATHER & ELLA
inside the Beautiful store filled with TREES ...
and Spectacular decor.


Another look at the TREE-mendous display at Garden Architecture. 

I loved this WHIMSICAL TREE...
it had a few of those cute SNOWMEN in the boxes on it, too.

A TREE-LIGHTFUL glance at many of the TREES in the window
at Garden Architecture  on Friday's TRADITIONAL annual visit.


I had a hard time sleeping last night because
I was so excited about putting my tree up today...however here I am already sidetracked!

I went to get ready for the big TRADITIONAL tree set up... but got thinking I might break TRADITION a bit by setting it up in  a new spot this year.  After making space for it in it's usual spot in our family room, I found that the carpet looked funny when I moved the couch. We have a new carpet since last Christmas.
I thought maybe this year I might put it in our living room instead to switch things up.

Jana has our vaccuum, so I couldn't vaccuum first... therefore, decided to blog while I think the whole thing over, now!

I was so incredibly inspired with the
GARDEN ARCHITECTURE
CHRISTMAS TREE display
when visiting their new store location
on Friday with my two friends,
Ella and Heather.
Their store location is still the same...
but this is an additional location to make room for all their beautiful trees and decor...
I highly recommend you all go check it out if you are in Saskatoon during this season.


My friend Linda and her daughter Kim came to the city yesterday to power shop for Christmas...and Linda and I had our TRADITIONAL LATTE at our favorite visiting spot... STARBUCKS!...
We always have fun when we connect.


We had the grandkids for a sleepover
on the weekend... so there was a
lot going on as per normal!
The kids keep us on our toes always...
but there is never a dull moment when they are around, and we love having them here.


Our local news does a flashback on the news from time to time reviewing things from the same date on years gone by.
Friday night they flashed back to a clip
from the Saskatoon Public Library with my Auntie Frances from that date in 1984.
Not only was it fun to see the video of her, but my son, Colin was in that clip as well...
and was only 4 then!


Last night I watched the
AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS and
OPRAH'S FAVORITE THINGS broadcast.
 Those are shows I
TRADITIONALLY watch and enjoy.
Nice to see the CANADIANS picking up awards at the AMA's...
congrats to JUSTIN BIEBER
on his 3 last night!


OPRAH'S Favorite things show
got me thinking about what my favorite things would be.... I think my list would be pretty long... that might be a whole separate
blog post for me!... hehehe


Well maybe I will try to start in on
what I started out to do today now...
and that is set up the tree!
I'll keep you posted on where
I finally decide to put it and
whether I break my
TRADITION or not!


Tomorrow is my oldest brother,
BOB'S BIRTHDAY...
"HAPPY B-DAY BRO!"


So on that note ... here is my TRADITIONAL rhyme of the day part of my blog!


Traditions continue... from year to year,
They help us remember
just what we hold dear!
They help us to connect each dot to dot...
Through little things, special memories
and thought.
Whether it's sharing visits with a dear friend,
Or writing some notes
in the cards that we send.
Remembering special times
from years gone by,
Is what TRADITIONS are for...
the where and the why!


2 comments:

  1. A great blog GrammieD! Love your 'quotes', photos and poem. It's nice to see your traditions carry on with friends and family. You make reading your blogs a tradition with this reader also. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arele... Thanks for reading my blog once again... I love that it has become a tradition for you, too! hehehe Always appreciated!
    :)

    ReplyDelete