Monday, November 5, 2012

SNOW ANGELS and SNOWMEN!

"When it snows you have two choices;
shovel or make snow angels."
-Author Unknown

"Whenever a snowman melts away a snow angel is added to heaven that day."

-Author Unknown

"Snowmen are the closest thing to a perfect man- they're cute, they're well rounded, and they know what to do with a broom."
- Author Unknown


My grandson, BEAU and grandaughter, MARIAH...
are my little ANGELS... here making ANGELS in the SNOW! 


The cute SNOWMAN we made in my front yard yesterday,
the kids are loving the snow and mild winter weather.
(Beau has on his sister's hand-me down PINK snow pants,
and Mariah in her bright purple hunter boots!! )


A little Sisterly-brotherly LOVE in the snow! 


My niece, Rowen and nephew, Maxwell popped by
 right when we finished the SNOWMAN!
Rowen stayed and played with Mariah and Beau all afternoon
and joined us for supper, too.


The SNOWMAN-inspired snack of the day...
I made frozen yogurt snowman cones for the kids ...
Beau only like the CHOCOLATE hat on his!


Beau having a little snuggle with his poppa last night! 


My two sweet ANGELS...
Jana and Mariah having a snuggle last night. 


Mariah was a real little ANGEL and
crafted some special pictures for her mommy and daddy. 


Beau's hair is so long...he had it in a "PONY" again yesterday!
Here he is with my brother Brian last night at supper time. 


STARBUCKS has their SNOWMAN cups and winter lattes again!
I visited there with my sisters-in-law, Bev and Brenda on saturday,
and tried the gingerbread latte. .. pretty tasty!


SHUFFLE was happy to have on her SNOWMAN sweater on Friday
to keep her warm for the first big snowfall of the season! 

Here is Shuffle playing in the snow on our deck on friday.


Got out my SNOWMAN mugs and made
a tasty little chai tea latte with cinnamon on Friday. 

I replaced some of my pumpkins with Snowmen... after October!

Jana made this cute SNOWMAN in grade 8
at school and I hang it every year, right now it is on my front door.

I saw these cute little ANGELS on pencils at the dollar store and
bought them to have around at Halloween with their ORANGE colors.
I loved their little polka dot wings, too!!!!
With my mom's funeral being on OCT. 30th, 2010,
 I will always think of ANGELS at Halloween each year now, too.
I got one for Mariah and Beau to have as well.

Our Winter Wonderland backyard on Friday morning...
so much SNOW!


I would say that winter has officially arrived.
I'm glad all this snow and ice held off for Halloween this year at least.

Friday lots of people chose to stay warm and cozy in their homes and didn't try to tackle getting around in the big weather change.
I did lots of shoveling that day...and that snow was super heavy, so I felt I had had my workout for the day, even though I missed getting to the gym that day.

Saturday I made it to my body vive class with my friend Ella, and then later that day attended a trade show with my two sisters-in-law...
Bev and Brenda. We ended our afternoon with a yummy treat at STARBUCKS . They have their winter latte and cup collection once again... which always make me happy!

Yesterday first thing I got a text from Jana saying her kids were missing their grandparents! So we went and picked them up for the day. We had a fun filled day of playing in and outside. My niece Rowen joined us for some fun as well as supper, too.

We also had my brother Brian and Jana and Nels for a yummy chicken catchitori supper made by my ANGEL of a hubby, Brian!

Rowen and Mariah came with me to take down PUMPKINS and hang some SNOWMEN on the studio bulletin boards yesterday as well.

Today we are attending the funeral of a dear friend, KAY. She was the next door neighbor of my in-laws, Blanche and Greg. She was such a sweet lady and lived to be 100 years old, so she lived a very good and long life. Now she is joining the fleet of ANGELS
in the heavens above.

On that note... my poem of the day...

Some people really do not like to
see that very first snow fall,
I kind of like the pretty white
ground cover all in all!
It is one which does allow
to make a cute snowman,
And also many snow angels
around when I can!
It brings so many childhood thoughts
of playing in the snow,
I used to like to dress up warm
and play outside you know.
Now I relive those times
in my grandkids so sweet...
It is a family fun time
that really can't be beat!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so nice curling up with a good cup of coffee and reading your posts, Diane. They always cheer me up, even when you talk about funerals and other sad life happenings, you do so with a positive attitude. Nice pics - your life is full and blessed and you share with others and put a smile in many hearts! Good blog. Again. (Forgive me for repeating myself. But I love reading your happy words.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much... your words always mean so much to me... because, you are such a great heart felt writer yourself... so I truly value your opinions!

      Delete