Thursday, November 17, 2011

Keepin' it SiMPLE!

Today as I sit down to write my blog... I am drinking my hazelnut vanilla coffee out of my 
black and white polka dot mug that says this inside... "KEEP IT SIMPLE"


My morning oatmeal package said this for the happy heart tips, coincidentally today....
"Simplify your life. Prioritize what matters most. Invest time in friendships."


So on that note I begin!



My morning cup of JAVA
out of the KEEP IT SIMPLE mug! 


This sign is a daily reminder to me to keep it simple!
I received this as a gift on my FREEDOM
birthday from my good friend Linda ...
and I love how it looks hanging in my red family room!


"We shall never know all the good that a
simple smile can do."
-Mother Teresa





I have a had a week of
KEEPIN' IT SIMPLE
because I have been fighting a bit of a cold.
 I have been staying in and just enjoying SIMPLE things all week!

I have had time to sit and enjoy the shows I love on TV, along with doing a little crafting...
which always brings me contentment, happiness and simplicity!

I'm always reminded when my grandkids are here... just how the simple things matter most!
I have been browsing through some old pictures and little videos of them as well, and cannot believe how fast the time is going.
It makes me realize how we need
to appreciate every
SIMPLE little thing along the way!


Here is MARIAH on Sunday filling out her birthday card to her
little dancing friend CADENCE!
She is loving to print now that she is in kindergarten,
and she makes it look so SIMPLE too! 


Here is BEAU happily entertained with a couple of little toys
here on Sunday.
Often the SIMPLEST things  keep him content!


"Sometimes the questions are complicated
and the answers are simple."
-Dr. Seuss



Here is MARIAH... a girl after my own heart...
She LOVES to CRAFT!
CRAFTING is a SIMPLE way to contentment.
I am SIMPLY thrilled that she enjoys that so much!


Even the SIMPLICITY of giving his sippy cup
a ride in the little truck
brought Beau SIMPLE PLEASURE!



So although this week has had a
SIMPLE tone to it...
it has been a good week,
none the less!

I LOVE to CRAFT...
so this has been a week to
do some of that.
It not only fills in time when I am at home,
but it is always gratifying to me
to be able to take a SIMPLE photo
and either scrapbook it or
craft it into a card for
one occasion or another!

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
-Leonardo Da Vinci


Here is just one example of a little card I crafted this week!
I took a photo of the big canvas wall photo of the kids,
and then turned it into a birthday card by
adding party hats and a few embellishments!


Speaking of Birthdays...
today would have been my
NANA Harrington's birthday.
I am not sure how old she would have been,
but now she can spend it with
4 of her 5 of her children...
in heaven.

This coming sunday, November 20th
is my brother, BOB's birthday,
so incase
 I do not get to
another blog before then
I'll wish him a
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

"By doing simple acts of kindness
for others,  we can't help but help lift ourselves up, too."
-Author Unknown

So on that quote...
here is my poem of the day!

Keepin' it simple is often the best,
And when one is sick,
it's good to get rest.
Do things that make you feel
warm and content,
And stay away from things
that you might resent.
Simplicity really is special,
you know...
I think it is often the right way to go!
So when you are doubting
about what to do...
Just ask your heart,
and then follow through!




No comments:

Post a Comment