Friday, November 4, 2011

WARMTH... is COOL!

"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories."
-Author Unknown


"Let us bask in television's warm glowing warming glow."
-Dan Castellaneta


"One kind word can warm three winter months."
-Japanese proverb


"May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night and a smooth ride to your door."
- Irish Blessing



Here is a picture from last Friday with my buddy Linda.
We went to the Streetheart concert together.
It was chilly outside... but the concert warmed our hearts
as it was for a good cause! 


My hubby, Brian and Linda's Hubby Dennis last friday
at the Streetheart concert .
A couple of HOT dates! 


My friend Jacquie and me yesterday.
I was helping her move from her townhouse
to an apartment ... always nice to help friends.
Jacquie has such a warm and kind heart!


A photo to WARM your heart!
Here was Mariah on Wednesday here watching Ellen
 that I taped the day before.
Her heart throb, JUSTIN BIEBER was on the show,
so I paused the TV and got her to pose beside for a photo!


Another heart WARMING photo...
Here is 94 year old Phyllis Diller on
 the "ROSIE SHOW"on Wednesday.
So amazing how sharp Phyllis still is...
and I love Rosie! 


Here is a picture of WARMTH from a year ago...
WOW... hard to believe how much these two have changed
in one short year, especially BEAU!
I love their little warm snowman matching footed sleepers
 purchased from the  JAMMEEZ store where I used to work!


Today as I was thinking of a THEME for the blog... WARMTH seemed appropriate!

Yesterday we had a new furnace installed  along with a new water heater. They were both now getting old and needed replacing... they sort of worked with HOT FLASHES...
(kind of like me!)
After a long day of installation we are ready to face the long and COOL winter ahead!

Last weekend my friends Linda and Dennis came into the city to go to the Kenny Shields and Streetheart concert. Brian and I joined them for a supper and went to the concert, together. It always warms my heart to not only connect with Linda any chance I can...but also to go to any function that is a charity fund raiser as this concert was!

Yesterday I helped my friend, Jacquie move from her town house and get ready to downsize into an apartment. Jacquie had a moving company called
"2 Small Men with BIG HEARTS"
move her furniture and many of her life long belongings out to her daughter, Barbara, who lives in Maple Ridge, BC.
I am not sure how much I actually did for her, but wanted to be there for support in any way I could be. Jacquie is still
recovering from the foot she broke before Thanksgiving. She had 2 other friends to help as well... so we had a fun morning together...and lots of laughs. Jacquie always inspires me.

Wednesday I looked after Mariah for the morning and she came with me to take the pumpkins and Halloween stuff off the studio bulletin boards. Then we came back here so she could watch Ellen from the day before that I taped with JUSTIN BIEBER on it!
Mariah is so cute with her
little idol crush on him!!!...
She thinks he is so COOL!
Then we crafted with the pics I got of her beside him on the TV!!!

I have mentioned a few times now how much TV I have been tuning into! I have definitely been keeping the couch nice and WARM!!!

I always watched
"THE ROSIE O'DONNELL SHOW"
back when it aired in the 90's. She is now back on the new OPRAH channel called OWN.
She now calls her show just
"THE ROSIE SHOW"
I do enjoy not only her and her quick wit and warm ways... but her magical way of interviewing her guests. This week she has had some great guests... but I was so impressed with her interview with the ever humorous and famous PHYLLIS DILLER who at the age of 94 is still just as sharp as a tack and very funny too!

I do also enjoy ELLEN DEGENERES as well... for similar reasons... she has a quick wit and charm about her and is always so warm and generous  with her donations to good causes.

I am still very into the DWTS and
THE X-FACTOR in the reality TV...
and enjoy the
BIG BANG THEROY too.
I do feel like a pro at just watching TV...
and now with our fixed furnace...
I think it will be a nice WARM WINTER!

I still make it to the gym lots, too...which takes me from cold to hot as well... nothing like working out to bring on a healthy
glow of warmth!
Today PEGGY the teacher said this...
"Being perfect is our goal,
but excellence is tolerated."
I thought that was a great statement!
She looks pretty near perfect, too!


At the gym I met my friend ELLA, and her and I have really connected. Today we went for a
Tim Horton coffee after our body flow class.
I am enjoying the new Cappucino Supremes for only a dollar at TIM's lately.
I do still enjoy STARBUCKS as well...
let's just say COFFEE always WARMS me up from inside out!

WARMTH is always COOL!

Oh...and I have now officially started playing my Christmas tunes ... which makes me smile, too... always a feeling of WARMTH in this season in so many ways!

I love the warm feelings I get from friends near and far always. I thank all of them for the warm connections on FB, EMAIL
and even following this blog!

ARLENE K...
Thanks for commenting on my blog the most!!!
Your comments always WARM my heart! hehehe

So on that note... here is my rhyme of the day!

Being WARM is really COOL,
but in a real good way!
When it is much colder out...
WARM is how to stay.
WARM in spirit and in temp.
both are a real good thing.
Really it is very good
just what all WARMTH can bring!
WARMER words bring kindness
to little things I do,
And help to WARM me all right up,
from the inside, too.
Watching shows I love to see
keeps the couch WARMED up!
And sharing stories with friends of mine,
over a coffee cup!
Coffee is a taste I love
and it is also hot,
I love a little coffee...
it WARMS up every thought.
WARMED up water and furnace
will be a super perk,
For winter time, it's such a must,
that both of them do work!

2 comments:

  1. A very warm and thoughtful blog...as usual your 'quotes' I love and your poem has warmed MY heart.
    I am truly honored to be mentioned in your blog..thank you dear friend.
    I'm happy to hear you're household will be nice and warm this 'cold' winter...HOT water is good too!
    As always the photos are very nice to see, I always love it when I get to see up-to-date photos of you and your wonderful little grandkids..they are growing so fast!
    Thank you for sharing your warmth and your blogs Diane, I do look forward to reading them...( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Again ARLENE for always TAPPING into my Simple life! hehehe... My pic of Beau and Mariah is actually a year old today... decided to show just how much they have grown in a year since the pic here was taken!
    Yes it will be nice to have consistent heat flow now with the furnace and the water, too! Thanks again for your kind comments always... I look forward to them! :)

    ReplyDelete