Saturday, November 12, 2011

REMEMBER

"That which is bitter to endure may be sweet to remember."
-Thomas Fuller


"How important it is to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!"
-Maya Angelou


"What we learn with pleasure we never forget."
-Alfred Mercier



NOVEMBER 12, 2010
REMEMBER what my grandkids
Mariah and Beau
looked like this date last year!


This date last year we were making a memory together,
Mariah and I were making ANGEL cookies in my mom's honor.
We made Snowmen, too! 


Ah... sweet Baby Beau one year ago!
Nov. 12th, 2010
It's hard to remember him like this...
he has changed so much in one short year.


Here are the kids and how they look now
but even this pic is a month old, so Beau continues to change.
Mariah looks the same now. 


Yesterday at BSOBAD Dance Studio...
I was on this panel of examiners doing a set of
"MOCK" JAZZ DANCE EXAMS .
Brenda's studio does the ADAPT syllabus.
In the photo ...
Michelle, Nicole, Jae, and Brenda.


Another Memory from the past...
This photo was taken in fall of 2006.
Here with me is my hubby BRIAN and
Dance Teacher, BRIAN FOLEY.
who is the founder of the
ADAPT DANCE EXAM SYLLABUS. 


Check out this winter wonderland in our backyard!
I'm reminded of the SNOW quote from a couple of blogs ago,
SNOWFLAKES are KISSES from HEAVEN!


Today it seems fitting to call my blog "REMEMBER"
in honor of REMEMBRANCE DAY
which was yesterday.

I took a moment of silence at 11 AM
to honor the soldiers who died in
wars for our freedom.
I am ever grateful for all the war veterans,
and always REMEMBER on the
11th day of the 11th month at 11 AM.
This year we added the 11th to the year as well!
11--11--11@11

I have had other reasons to REMEMBER
this past week as well.

On thursday I attended the funeral of a mother of 3 girls who danced at my dance studio years ago. It was a chance to not only remember that mom... but it made me REMEMBER my mom as well. Being only a little more than a year since losing my own mom it reminded me just how special a MOM really is in our life.
And really when I think about it,
if it were not for my mom,
 I wouldn't even be alive...
she gave me life!
The memorial card from that thursday funeral had such a nice quote on the front stating this...

"A MOTHER is she who can take the place of all others but whose place
no one else can take."

-Cardinal Mermillod

This morning when going to my 8:30 AM
Body Vive class at the gym, I REMEMBERED just how slippery winter driving can be!
We had a fluffy light snowfall last night just enough to put a dusting on the already
icy roads around here!
I am ever so grateful my hubby took my car to be winterized earlier this week... I need to REMEMBER to say THANKS to him once again.

Last year on this date according to pictures taken then... I was babysitting my grandkids. You can see the memory of that above.
 Mariah and I made ANGEL and SNOWMAN cookies!... Every memory spent with my grandkids I will cherish
and REMEMBER fondly!


Yesterday I had another chance to REMEMBER!
My good friend, Brenda from
"Brenda's School Of Baton and Dance",
invited me to come and be a guest examiner at her "MOCK" ADAPT jazz dance exams.
She usually runs a mock exam before the real ones to iron out the last minute kinks!
I was the very first dance teacher in Saskatoon to put students through this syllabus. This dance exam curriculum was created by
Brian and Faye Foley of Toronto.
Brian made a huge difference in not only my standard of teaching, but in the standard of dance across Canada.

Yesterday I was REMINDED once again just how these exams and the prep work leading up to them is so important to the growth of dancers in so many ways.
I was glad my knowledge of the work has stuck with me... I guess once a dancer always a dancer, in some capacity!
I'm glad I REMEMBERED all my stuff!

I felt honored to put in a day at the dance studio and enjoyed seeing the dancers strutt their stuff. Brenda and her stellar staff do a fine job of preparing their kids for the many things they do within the dance season,
along with skills to aid them in their
day to day life as well.

I have been saying over and over how grateful I am for this blog. This is now my 165th entry in it since I wrote the very first post on
December 31st, 2010.
Not only has this blog given me so much gratitude and purpose... it has given me a way to REMEMBER my past year and
all the goings on in it!
                              So on that note...
                   here  is my poem of the day!

                                REMEMBER



 In this snowy month that's called NOVEMBER,
    It's such a month for us all to REMEMBER...
   The soldiers who fought so we could be free,
                 Time to remember them all...
                               you and me.
There are always many memories old and new,
     With fond remembrances of what I can do.
          In my life I just feel ever so blessed,
           I say it a lot... but my life is the best.
      I try hard to REMEMBER that day by day,
      In all the simplest little things in some way.
  I'm grateful for this blog I have written this year,
            Because it keeps all my memories 
                          close and so dear!

3 comments:

  1. What a pleasant surprise, I'm happy that I didn't miss this one...what a lovely tribute to the fallen soldiers. The photos are very nice to see, both of your grandkids are growing 'like weeds'...I love seeing them and you Diane, thank you for sharing a great blog...I'm very happy not to have missed this one entirely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Arlene... I appreceiate your kind words once again. I didn't have any new pics for this one... so went back to last year... but the next blog... made up for it in new pics!!! hehehe The kids are growing like weeds too ... Especially Beau... he is a different kid altogether now one year later! Thanks again! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really amazing! More people should tap into your blog!
    What a special remembrance of so many important things!
    And you are truly a dancer through and through..and we were honoured to have you at the exams too!

    ReplyDelete