Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rediscover BLiSS!

"Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls."
-Joseph Campbell


"Give up bad qualities in you, banish the ego and develop the spirit of surrender. You will then experience BLISS."
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba


"Live with integrity, respect the rights of other people, and follow your own bliss."
-Nathaniel Brandon



The new STARBUCKS bags and cups bring me BLiSS!!!!
The bag says this...
"LET'S REMEMBER WHY... we go together so well"
The new red cups say this...
"LET'S DISCOVER... why we're best friends."


In the bag is the popular "CRANBERRY BLISS BAR"
In the cup is my favorite...
"TAIZO CHAI TEA LATTE with CINNAMON" 


A quick little stop by WINNER'S always brings me BLISS!
Here is a little adorable purchase from yesterday.
I love to wrap and have I mentioned I LOVE polka dots?!
The ribbon says MERRY CHRISTMAS on it, too!
Ah... BLiSS!!!!!! 


More BLiSS for this time of year....
I LOVE SNOWMEN
and MANDERiNE ORANGES big and small! 


DOLLARAMA... brings me BLiSS... always!
Mariah here trying out a PANDA PUPPET. 


MARIAH searching for just the right purchase to bring her BLiSS! 


On Monday Mariah and I watched this movie
a few times... always BLiSSFUL! 


These adorable little girls from England...
Rosie and Sophia Grace returned to the ELLEN SHOW yesterday.
They bring me oodles of BLiSS!!!!!!!!!!
Ellen presented them with TuTus with the word
 ELLEN in rhinestones across the front,
their faces speak for themselves!

Today as I sat down to write my blog of the day, I pondered what to call it!
I had been to STARBUCKS yesterday for my very first Cranberry BLiSS bar of the season... and thought BLiSS was a good title!



I looked up the word in the dictionary to find this...

 Bliss(n) - The highest degree of happiness; blessedness; felicity; often specifically heavenly felicity.

I really feel this blog writing has brought me so much BLISS. Since I began writing it nearly a year ago it has given me a purpose and reason to find my inner happiness every time I sit down to write it.

I consider myself so lucky to actually have the time to do this too. When I was a dance teacher, there was no time to write. So I guess I am into a more BLiSSFUL chapter 

of my life, now!

Brian took Monday off, and Jana needed us to look after Mariah for a few hours in the afternoon. I had hoped we might create a snowman outside, but she wasn't really dressed for that. We instead went to the DOLLARAMA for a little shop. 

That store always brings me 
HAPPINESS and BLiSS galore!
We did however make the mistake of stopping at PINE & FANCY (the candy store) first!
So needless to say, Mariah couldn't find anything that brought her as much bliss at the Dollarama as she did at Pine and Fancy!

We watched FROSTY the SNOWMAN a few times that afternoon and Mariah and I never tire of that one. So we enjoyed a BLISSFUL afternoon together, even though our outdoor snowman didn't get created that day!

Yesterday I did my TWO CLASS TWOSDAY at the gym. Not only does this bring me BLiSS... it makes me feel as if I can afford to have the odd BLiSS BAR here and there as a reward!
And that is exactly what I did too!

Lately I have enjoyed my new friend from the gym, Ella, but she was not there yesterday. On Saturday we went to Zeller's for a coffee after our class in the morning and 

stayed for refills in our cup for a couple of hours!

Yesterday I came home and gave my FB friend  from Penticton, Arlene K. a call. I enjoy her personality and we seem to have much in common, too... it is too bad we live so far apart.
We shared a blissful conversation 

none the less!

ELLEN had the adorable little girls from England back on her show once again yesterday. Eight year old SOPHIA GRACE and her five year old cousin ROSIE really just melt my heart.
They appear to be in a 

state of BLiSS always!


I also enjoyed DWTS last night and the short performance from the MJ Circ Du Soleil. I must say the short version on TV did not really do the MJ Show justice... not like seeing the
FULL SHOW in person.

I have really enjoyed ROSIE O'DONNELL, too. She had Mariah Cary on yesterday, I believe she was Jana's original inspiration for the name "MARIAH" to begin with!

THE SING OFF on monday night was great... 

I enjoy the performers and the 
judges on that show. 


Brian and I are still enjoying many versions of THE BIG BANG THEROY on TV. It comes on several times a day, it seems! The characters on that show are well acted out and their wardrobe even brings me such BLiSS!

It seems my life is consumed with eating, gym, Family, friends, grandkids and TV!... LOL
All good, though...and BLiSSFUL!

Speaking of which... my daughter will be on the 6 o'clock Global news today here in Saskatoon!
It is an interview for her store here in the city
SWANK SHOE LOUNGE.

Brian took my car into work with him today to winterize it, so I am without a vehicle for the day.
I actually enjoy a stay at home kind of day and have plans to do a few things around here.

So on that note... here is my poem of the day!

Although I'll always love to dance,
It isn't really all by chance,
Infact it is so much about this...
I do LOVE what brings my life BLiSS!
Often the simplest things are the best,
And when I have time, then I can invest,
In things that bring me a happy SMiLE,
And provide me BLiSS for a long while.
Things like little polka dots,
Bring BLiSSFUL SMiLES...
and happy thoughts!
I do enjoy just having time...
To write my blog and also my rhyme.
So really the simplest BLiSSFUL ways...
Will keep me smiling for days and days!
I'm happiest when I just do not miss...
A chance to
REDiSCOVER BLiSS!

4 comments:

  1. I love your title and the 'bliss' theme. You do so much work to bring out your blog. Thank you for sharing the great photos you take as you go through your day...I think they bring 'bliss' to your readers also!
    Your 'quotes' and your poem, are terrific..your research and hard work shines thought in all you write. Thank you for sharing your life this past year, your blogs have made for very interesting reading, I loved everyone of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoy these so much Arlene... I think when people share that they are enjoying reading, it makes the writing even more fun for me to do, too! So I thank you for all your encouragement! You are such a good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CAME BACK! hehehe
    I had to see if I missed one of your blogs, but I see I didn't!
    YOU are also a good friend, you make my heart feel good..I THANK YOU dear Diane xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Arlene... I always check for comments...and here you are again... love it... and ofcourse, YOU, too! Thanks for your loyalty to my blog always!

    ReplyDelete