Sunday, November 20, 2011

SnOwMaN JaMMeeZ at PoPPa & GRaMMiE'S!

"A well spent day brings happy sleep."
-Leonardo Da Vinci


"Sleep is the best meditation."
-Dalai Lama


"Surely two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild or a grandparent."
-Donald A. Norberg



Mariah and Beau in their new matching
Snowman Jammeez
last night here for a sleepover!

Laying on the floor for a comparrison
shot to last year's snowman jammeez pic!


Here are Beau and Mariah on NOVEMBER 6th, 2010.
These were their "JAMMEEZ" last year from the
store called JAMMEEZ before it closed!
They have both grown a lot  in a year... especially Beau. 


Mariah smiling sweetly in her new cuddly cozy
jammeez, but poor girl has such chapped lips. 


Beau on the move ...
Something so special about a toddler in sleepers! 


Snuggling in on the couch to watch the movie "HOME ALONE"
That was Mariah's pick even though we have all seen it a few times.
She really likes "KEVIN" in that show! 


Beau enjoying some chips with his poppa! 


Mariah in her little reindeer yoga pose
omme! 


My little dancer performing for us in the Santa hat!
Beau was not into the hat at all...
I couldn't keep it on him long enough for a pic even! 


Here was Beau last night when he arrived here
looking very serious... but don't let that look fool you,
He became very mischievous as the evening wore on. 


Today waiting for their mommy and daddy to come...
coloring and snacking! 


Beau was intrigued with this little tree ...
It has lights and decorations on it already.
It was my mom's, but I got it out for Jana to take to her store. 


Mariah locked herself into the bathroom
for a wee make-over!
She likes the dark lipsticks especially.


This was the bedtime story of the night.
Mariah loves all the "FANCY NANCY"
books, because her other grandma is named NANCY!


Today after my grandkiddies were picked up around 1 from their little sleepover...
I was pretty much ready for
an afternoon nap to recoup!

I did have a short nap, and then kind of was wanting to go for a STARBUCKS...
but instead decided to make myself a
TAIZO CHAI LATTE here
with CINNAMON on top.
That is what I normally have at
STARBUCKS anyhow!
I am drinking it out of my 
white mug
with red dots with this saying inside...
"Whoever Smiles First Wins."

Last night was an action packed, fun filled evening of many things with the
sweet grandkiddies!

We did lots of things from making tents, to watching movies, to having snacks, crafting, coloring, dancing, bubble bathing, and sharing fun with relatives!

Brian and I had gone shopping on Friday
and picked up some new snowman jammeez
to keep at our house for the occasional sleepovers here and there,
that I am sure there will be leading up to Christmas and throughout the winter.

We had got them some blue ones last year,
so decided to make it a tradition now...
and get them some new
Christmas Jammeez each year.
They seemed to love them and I know they were kept cozy and warm in them as well.

Mariah chose the movie "HOME ALONE" last night off the videos that we can rent off TV.
We just nicely got going on that when my two sisters-in-law, Bev and Brenda, and my niece, Rowen popped by for a visit.
Rowen and Mariah went down stairs
and were kept busy crafting ...
while Beau entertained us adults upstairs!

After the company left... Beau was off to bed and then Mariah finished her movie and had a story and then the rest of us were off to bed.

Both kids went right to sleep, but Beau
was up at 4 AM for some milk and
a diaper change. He really had no idea
of going back to sleep either,
so after struggling with that for
about an hour or so...
Mariah was also awake.
I decided to give them a hot bubble bath
with hopes of tiring them out again...
but we were up for the day then,
and downstairs we came to begin the adventures of the day!

By around 9:30 Beau was down for a nap...
and shortly after Mariah drifted off
watching her TV shows.
Later when she got up, she wanted to watch another movie and this time chose
"Pirates of The Caribbean 4"
I thought it was an odd choice
for a 5 year old girl, but she had
seen it before and said she loved it!
I wanted to rent "RIO"... or
"MONTE CARLO"
But nope she wasn't having it,
and so we watched her choice!

When Beau got up I brought out a little tree
that mom used to have in her apartment.
It lights up and is decorated,
so he was very intrigued with it!

Mariah wanted to then put up our big tree. When I suggested waiting till another day,
she chose to go do a makeover instead.
She went into my makeup and hair stuff
in the bathroom and came out all
made up and with pigtails in her hair...
What a kid!!!

Shortly after Mariah and Beau's
Mommy and Daddy came for them.
I adore my grandkids dearly,
but today was ready for a nap when they left.
Maybe because I am still recovering from
a bad cold... I really was pooped out this time!

I have learned that "sleepovers"
do not really involve as much "SLEEP"
for me as they do for everyone else here!
But I know I am chalking up so
many precious memories and in the end
it is all worth the lack of sleep!

Today I wish my big Brother, Bob,
a Happy 61st Birthday!

And on that note...

Tis the season for snowman jammeez,
Especially when sleeping at
Poppa and Grammie's!
Had a little sleepover with Mariah and Beau,
And they were sure as warm as toast
in their PJ's , you know.
Fluffy red fleece with snowmen
and snowflakes,
So much energy... with very little breaks!
From movies to crafting  and many a snack,
We were kept very busy,
and nothing did we lack!
Bathing in bubbles that looked
like white fluff,
We did do some sleeping,
but not quite enough!!!
Oh how the memories add up each year,
With Mariah and Beau,
whom I LOVE so dear!

2 comments:

  1. OMG where's the 'LOVE' button for those photos..love love them!! Thank you for sharing your terrific photos, they were all great. I also loved the 'quotes', and your poems are always so very well done! I hope you will always share these blogs, I look forward to reading each one of them..( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I'm glad you enjoyed this blog so much. those little grand kids are pretty special little people to us for sure! Thanks for always taking such a genuine interest! xoxo:)

    ReplyDelete