Saturday, February 4, 2012

DEDiCATiON!

             First of all I would like to thank 
          all my blog readers... old and new 
      for their DEDICATION to reading my blog. 
   In your honor I DEDICATE this one to all of you!


"A person can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, and the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice little things in life and pay the price for things that are worthwhile."
-Vince Lombardi



Although this photo
(taken by local photographer, TAMMY BOEHMER)
 is over 5 years old,
I am still very passionate and
DEDICATED to the art of TAP DANCING!
I gave a lot of DEDICATION
to the years I trained as well taught it, too.


This past week... I have been DEDICATED to
getting back on TRACK with my Weight  Watchers
and many classes at the gym. 


I would have to say that both Brian and I are very
DEDICATED GRANDPARENTS!
Here is our sweet grand daughter,
Mariah this past Wednesday,
at the frozen yogurt restaurant called PURE...
She is comparing her sprinkles on her yogurt,
 to all the fruit on mine!


It is not hard to be
DEDICATED to our grandkids...
Especially when they are as cute as this!
 Here is BEAU on Wednesday. 


For the past 10 consecutive dance seasons at
BSOBAD, I have DEDICATED time
and creativity to the studio bulletin boards.
This is one of about 10 now updated for February! 


I have been DEDICATED to the ELLEN show on TV
since it began. Not only do I adore her and her fun wit
and great sense of humor...
I love her DEDICATION to many other projects
from helping so many in their careers,
to people in needy situations.  


This photo as well as the one above it...
is a select group
of dancers from the hit TV series
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE
who came and performed on ELLEN'S birthday show
January 26th, 2012.
These are only a few of the many DEDICATED
dancers from various seasons of that show. 


I have been a very DEDICATED
and loyal viewer of every single season of both the
AMERICAN as well as the CANADIAN versions of IDOL.
Although the Canadian run was short lived,
the American one is now into it's 11th season.
Here is a photo from this past Thursday
 night's audition show. .. with judges
STEVEN, J. LO, and RANDY.


I was a huge ROSIE O'DONELL fan back in the 90's
when she had her first show. She now has a new show
with a very recent new format as well.
Here she is with a one on one interview recently,
with Kristen Chenowith on her very colorful new set.
I enjoy ROSIE... and am DEDICATED to her show once again.


My brother, Brian, is a big fan of the DR. OZ show,
so I decided to get on the OZ band wagon as well.
I loved his show yesterday when he spoke of cheating
on a diet as being good for you...
he referred to it as
"FAT-URDAY"... and I love that
concept as well as that name!!!
I now can add this show to the many I
 DEDICATE my time to, as well.

Today I am blogging about DEDICATION...
and I would be the first one to admit
that I often go beyond the term
"DEDICATED"
to maybe the term "OBSESSED!"
YEP.... what ever I am into...
I am fully into it,
WHOLE HEARTEDLY!

After DEDICATING much of my life
to dancing from childhood
through ownership of my own studio
 and on to working at another studio,
along with sharing my knowledge in
various summer schools and workshops
as well as adjudicating....
I would say I had and
still have DEDICATION.
I am proud of where that
DEDICATION brought me to, as well.

Now in this next chapter of my life,
I would say I am very DEDICATED
to being the very best GRANDMOTHER
 I can possibly be.
I am fully devoted to the title
"GRAMMIE D!"
After raising my own two children,
Colin and Jana...
I feel my dedication to being
their mother has only made me a more EXPERIENCED candidate
to be GRAMMIE D to
my two darling grandkids,
Mariah and Beau.
I feel so fortunate to live only
15 minutes away from them,
so get to spend lots of
cherished times with them, too.

This past week I have been making a
very DEDICATED effort to follow through
with my new year's resolution
of exercising more and eating less...
and trying to DEDICATE my self to
just simply paying better attention all round.
I have made it to GOODLIFE gym
every day this past week for
at least one class per day...
as well as tracking all my
Weight Watcher points on my iphone
"itrackBites" app.
I always feel better when giving it my all
and full DEDICATION.

I joined WW in January of 2009,
and became a lifetime member
on March 19, 2009.
I have continued to weigh in
monthly since then and am happy to report, have never had to pay for going over goal weight since becoming a lifetime member.
I think that qualifies as DEDICATION!
I do think it is a very sensible and flexible
life style to follow and very healthy, too.
Sometimes, I admit, I drift a bit,
but manage to get back on TRACK
when the scales start reading
higher weights again!

I am so DEDICATED to so many TV shows
as mentioned with the photos above.
I am ever grateful for PVR,
to record the ones I like
in their entire series and watch them
according to when time permits.
There are a couple more to add to my FAVORITES coming up as well next week...
so many shows... so little time!
OH BUT.... I will find time to
DEDICATE to lots of them.

In my 10 years of being on staff at
"Brenda's School Of Baton And Dance"
(BSOBAD)...
I have dedicated time and effort to keeping
the MANY bulletin boards up to date
with photos, information as well as theme related trims and decor and of course the occasional poem here and there!
It is a way of staying connected
to that studio and to dancing,
now that I have retired from the
"TEACHING" part.
It gives me a purpose as well
as a creative outlet.
Some boards are more creative
than others, but I do feel
dedicated to that job as well.

On top of all the above mentioned subjects,
I feel dedicated to all my friends
and family as well.
I appreciate and cherish times spent with
all of the many circles of people in my life!

I love to write my blog and
work it around a theme as well as
create a daily poem for it, too!
So on that note...
here is my poem for today...

Whether it's in working out,
or through my recreation...
I feel I put my heart into it all,
through pure DEDICATION.
I've always been one
who has loved a theme...
And also been known
to take that  to the extreme!
I guess whatever I do,
I try to do it full out...
To me that spells DEDICATION,
 for sure without doubt!
And if I cannot "TAP" into my very best...
Nor give my all to everything,
from LOVE to ZEST...
Then I really feel my
DEDICATION is lacking,
So it's then I get back on path
to try to keep on tracking.
By putting my best foot forward
day to day,
And blogging all about it
along the way!
I'll continue to watch  my TV
on each and every station...
And stay doing what I love most,
with PURE DEDICATION!



2 comments:

  1. Keep up the dedication - I am in awe and wonder. After reading this one, I had to have a power nap!! Ha, ha. Your days are so full and ambitious, mine pale in comparison. Glad your life is on track and your days are happy. That is a gift. Like friendship. thanks for being one of mine..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlene... thanks once again for stopping by to read my blogs... I really do have lots of interests but lately lots of them revolve around TV shows... so my ambition is used up at the gym in the morning so I can actually RELAX in the evenings and dedicate my life to my shows!
    I try to stay happy in my daily life...and my blog is a happy spot of purpose for me, too! Thanks Again!

    ReplyDelete