Thursday, February 23, 2012

A "FLURRY" of FuN & HaPpiNeSs!

My little Mary Engelbreit Quote calendar 
said this yesterday...
"Some cause HAPPINESS where ever they go."-Oscar Wilde


FLURRY- a brief snowfall
-a sudden burst or commotion a stir!
(perhaps from "FLURR" to scatter!)


My household has seen a real FLURRY 
the last couple of days and this morning it snowed... so FLURRY seemed 
appropriate for today's theme!
I took a FLURRY of photos, too... 
here are just a SCATTERING 
of the ones I took!



Mariah catching "ANGEL KISSES"
on her tongue during a little snow FLURRY
on Tuesday with Beau watching her from inside! 


A little mid day bubble bath for Beau,
while Mariah stepped in to get her feet wet! 


Beau loves water... you can see here by his smile! 


Beau with the Ducky on his head 


Beau snuggling with his milk, blankie,
and Uncle Brian! 


My niece Rowen and Mariah in a couple of old
Dance costumes of Jana's from back in the day
with a FLURRY of dance routines and performances! 


Beau hiding behind the couch! 


Making a parade with the little toys! 


Me and my "OWIE" on my nose, holding Beau! 


The kids watching TV and giggling! 


Jana and Mariah yesterday when the kids
got dropped off here
for  another FLURRY of FUN TIMES! 


My brother Brian here for day 2 of
 fun and happiness with the kidlets! 


Beau having a little Stroller ride with
Mariah's LaLaLoopsie dollie! 


One of the very few HEALTHY things consumed
Beau loves BROCCOLI! 


Mariah , Rowen and Beau in a little fort they made
with their snack of popcorn twists! 


Mariah creating dances in the basement
her arm looks a bit distorted here!!! 


Mariah smiling and dancing in
the Shamrock shades and her new
 Tinker Bell flip flops! 


The soundtrack for the last couple days... lots of these songs
sum up the moods of the two fun filled days!
(This is an old CD from my collection that
Mariah seems to pick out
a lot to play for her dances!!!)


Today as I sat down to yet another blog...
it was snowing big huge light and fluffy snowflakes outside!
This gave me the theme idea for my
FLURRY of activity I have had here the
last couple of days!

I was to have babysat only BEAU
for the four days this week...
but instead it became Beau and Mariah
for yesterday and the day before
along with tomorrow...
but I got today off!

I love my grandkids... but was once again reminded why I had my children
when I was
 in my twenties!!!
Their never ending energy causes me
to run out of my energy pretty fast!!!
I not only had my grandkids here...
but both days my brother, Brian,
popped by for a visit each morning...
and my niece Rowen came by
both afternoons to play with the kids too.
My sister-in-law, Brenda stopped
in for coffee yesterday as well.

I decided rather than write out
all the things we did... I would write out a "FLURRY" of words that pretty
much describe the two days...

In RANDOM order!...
grandkids, fruitloops, lucky, camera,
movies, toys, sticky fingers,
popcorn twists, climbing, running,
hugs, stickers, diapers,wet ones,
crayons, crafts, scissors, tape,
tv, printed color sheets, trucks, cars,
tinker bell flip flops,
 balloons, snuggles, kisses,
bubble baths, duckies, books, stories,
tears, tantrums, smiles, giggles,
broccoli, cheese, chocolate chip cookies, baking, snacks, juice boxes, fruit roll ups,
extreme cheddar fishy crackers,
visitors, dances, costumes, make up,
set ups, parades, forts, stroller rides, performances, pop, puppy in kennel, music,
dollies, blankies, bottles, sippy cups, mischief,
big mess, kisses from heaven, snow flakes!

So today I am actually enjoying
a little calm before the FLURRY
continues again tomorrow!
I went to the gym this morning, too...
because I ate as many, if not more,
snacks than the kids the last
couple of days...
but I think I needed it
to keep my energy up!

There is a saying about
 SNOWFLAKES being like
KISSES FROM HEAVEN...
I have had lots of thoughts of my
loved ones from above lately in the
form of snowflakes and dreams.
And I know my parents are with me
daily in spirit for sure!

So on that thought ...
here is my rhyme of the day...

Whenever I babysit...
there is a FLURRY of FUN...
Provided by my grandkids,
yep... from each one!
MARIAH loves to craft, to put on make up,
and also sing and dance,
BEAU is like a whirlwind babbling,
climbing, running and is gone in a glance!
Once kids were practical,
and on their feet wore socks,
They drank their juice from a sippy cup,
instead of out of a box!
Cereal's were healthier,
not sugary LOOPed in sweets!
And apples were the snack of choice,
and not so many treats!
But even though my grandkids
keep me busy as can be,
I wouldn't have them any other
way than that, you see!
There's always a FLURRY of FUN and HAPPiNESS whenever they are here,
I cherish time I spend with them,
because they are so dear!








3 comments:

  1. A 'flurry' of activity for sure! Your 'quotes' and photos and random words sum up your busy days. Your poem is very creative and well written (as usual:)
    Thank you for sharing your fun filled blog Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL GOOD!! You take it all in stride so casually and that ells me what a warm and loving person you are. Thanks for sharing your joy.. And once again, Arleena beat me to the things I also was thinking. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear ARLENE sisterfriends... thanks for stopping by... yes it was like a flurry inside and aout around here the last bit... but lots of fun... never a dull moment, that is for sure! Thanks for always stopping by to read and comment! xoxo

    ReplyDelete