Saturday, February 11, 2012

LOVE My "GRAMMiE" AWARDS!!!

For today my little quote on my angel daily calendar says this...


"Sing like no one is listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like it's heaven on earth."
-Mark Twain



I LOVE my "GRAMMiE" AWARDS

BEAU and MARIAH 


I know I have posted this picture a few times in my blog
It really captures my two sweet Grandkids
 (GRAMMiE AWARDS!)
This large canvas print was done by
photographer
Chelsea Klette


Even though they look so sad here...
I still LOVE this pic!
My "LOVE" polka dot blocks are cute, too!!! 


I LOVED this pic of my kidlets so much
 I made it the one on FEBRUARY
of my little crafty calendar! 


A photo off the "GRAMMY AWARDS" web page for
tomorrow night's broadcast of the
54th Annual GRAMMY AWARDS,
 this year honoring PAUL McCARTNEY. 


I LOVE these two cousin cuties...
so does ELLEN who had them on her show
again this past week!
They will be doing the red carpet at this year's GRAMMYS!


Another great celebration of music...
I watched the "GREAT AMERICAN SONGBOOK"
last night on PBS TV with MICHAEL FEINSTEIN. 


I earned my first
"GRAMMIE AWARD"
MARIAH JADE
on MAY 24th, 2006


I earned my second
"GRAMMIE AWARD"
BEAU COLLENS
August 8th, 2010 


I LOVE MY
"GRAMMIE AWARDS"
MARIAH and BEAU


Today when deciding what to do
my blog theme around, I decided the
"GRAMMY/ GRAMMIE"
Theme was a good one!

Tomorrow night is the
54th annual Grammy Awards on TV.
It is a show to honor music.
This year the Grammys are
honoring my favorite
"BEATLE", PAUL McCARTNEY
as he earns the
"Music Cares" award.

Ellen had the two little British
darling cousin cuties,
Sophia Grace and Rosie
on her show this past week
and once again Ellen has them
doing a red carpet. This time it is
at the GRAMMY AWARDS
tomorrow night on TV!

Last night I was flipping
through the channels on TV
and came across a great show called
"AMERICAN SONGBOOK"
with this week's episode
featuring pianist and singer,
MICHAEL FEINSTEIN.

I remember back in the days
when I took CDs out from the library to research good dance teaching music.
I first discovered Michael Feinsein then.
I found the history of the TV program
and of his knowledge of music
dating back to the Irving Berlin days,
so interesting. His mom was even a
TAP DANCER... which I didn't know!

I really think I grew up in the wrong era...
I love that old music from way back then.
To me the music in the 20's, 30's and 40's
had more meaning to the lyrics, and the melodies were just so  pretty.
Michael is from my era...
but he, too, enjoys the older stuff as well.
I think there might be another show on him next Friday night on the PBS channel.

I have not taken many recent
new pics of my
GRAMMIE AWARDS/ GRANDKIDS
so today with the lead up to the
GRAMMYS on TV I decided a repeat
of some already blogged pics
of my two cuties would work out fine!
I consider myself the luckiest
GRAMMiE around!!!


I will get lots of new pictures of them
when I babysit them during the week of February 20th-24th
which is a school/daycare spring break!

On a different "NOTE"...

Tonight Brian and I are joining friends
JOAN and GERRY
for an evening out for supper.
We haven't seen them in a while
so I'm looking forward to
our little outing together.

And here is my poem of the day...

This weekend will be the
"GRAMMY AWARDS SHOW" on TV...
But I have earned two
"GRAMMIE AWARDS"
that fit me perfectly!
I got my first one,  back in MAY
of two thousand and six...
And then in AUGUST, twenty ten...
another GRAMMIE FIX!
When it comes to GRAMMIE AWARDS,
I really do feel blessed....
Because my special two
"AWARDS" truly are the BEST!

2 comments:

  1. A great tribute to the 'Grammy awards'...and the 'GrammieD awards'! I LOVE love your 'quotes' and photos. Your poem ends it well...sharing the love of the Grammy awards was a great idea. Thank you for another interesting blog Diane.
    (I see you picked up many more readers...must be the love you share:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I always love to hear your take on my blogs!
    Thanks for stopping by I appreciate your comments always!
    I am a proud GRAMMIE for sure...and since this was written only hours prior to Whitney Houston's untimely death... I didn't mention her in here... maybe my next one... I will!!!
    Thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete