Monday, February 6, 2012

HeArTs & StArS!

"Wherever you go, go with all your heart."
-Author Unknown


"Follow your own star."
-Dante Alighieri



Here is a little "THEME RELATED" scrapbook page
from JANA'S DANCE albums
This is a duo she and I did when she was FIVE in 1986 to
"ON ACCOUNT OF I LOVE YOU!" 


Here is a photo taken just yesterday of Jana
and her FIVE YEAR OLD MARIAH!
This was taken at the show called
"STARS OF HOPE" 


Here is a picture of me with my little sweet heart
 
Mariah at yesterday's show...
she brought along her BSOBEAR
 to enjoy it, too!
 


A photo of the program cover from yesterday's
"STARS of HOPE"
along with some STARS and HEARTS
to go with today's theme! 


A HEART THEME for this year's BSOBAD
TAP EXAMS
 going on at the studio today.
I hope all the kids TAP into their PASSION,
and dance with lots of HEART


Out on a date night with my SWEETHEART!
Saturday at the BISTRO, one of our favorite places to go. 


Out for a STARBUCKS with my cousin  GWEN!
(I went on Saturday but this is a photo of another time there with her) 


A photo of the highly anticipated Spielberg TV series
to begin tonight  about two girls trying to become
STARS called "SMASH"!

I had a weekend that revolved around the themes of HEARTS and STARS...
thus today's blog theme!

I met my cousin Gwen at STARBUCKS
for a little catch up visit
on saturday afternoon.
We didn't take a photo of that visit,
but I included a photo of a visit
we shared there last fall.
We go often... but do not always
get a photo! We always DO
have a great visit, each time, though!

Saturday night I had a date night
with my hubby and sweetheart!
We enjoyed a nice supper at one of our
favorite restaurants called
St. Tropez Bistro.

Yesterday I went to a local show
featuring dancers from various studios
around the province.
The show was called
"STARS OF HOPE"
It was co-ordinated by
two dance teacher sisters,
Nicole and Nadine,
who years ago lost their mom to cancer.
They have made this an annual event
to raise funds for cancer research.

 Not only was it a great show and
fund raising event, it was a chance
for me to bond with my two girls...
Jana and Mariah.
I got to thinking back to when
Jana was 5
(which is how old her Mariah is now).
It made me have so many fond memories
of a mother/ daughter duo we did
in my year end show in 1986.
Jana and I went on to do
 3 other mom/daughter duos in her
dancing years!
Those are very HEART felt memories
for me for sure...
and hopefully for her as well.

One of the little captions on
the scrapbook page
I included in this blog is....
"Life is a dance
from one stage to the next."

How true this statement is!

Today BSOBAD has 22 students taking
their CDTA Tap EXAMS. I have done
dance exam themes since
1984 at my own studio.
The only themes I have repeated
in all those years co-incidentally are the
HEART and STAR themes!
I hold tap exams close to my heart,
therefore I will be tapping into my passion
as I think of the kids tapping
with all their heart at BSOBAD today.

Tonight I look forward to watching
another new TV program called SMASH.
It has had such a build up
and features a former
American Idol STAR!
Last night I tuned into the new series of
"THE VOICE"
and it will be interesting following
that show to see who goes on
to become a STAR there as well.

I have been putting my HEART into getting
to the gym a lot more lately and am
actually quite liking all the classes
I am taking there.
Today I am off to a combo of
CX works and Body Flow.
The instructors are not only good
at what they do, but they share
a lot of passion for their field as well.

So on that note...
A rather short poem for me today...

Each day when I begin it,
right from the very start...
I try to stay true to myself,
and always follow my heart.
I love how things connect
from close  to really far,
It adds a  sort of sparkle to my life,
and twinkles like a star!


4 comments:

  1. A terrific blog, love the 'quotes' and photos, they so cleverly depict your life. YOU are a star and a sweetheart for sharing your blogs, thank you Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are able to pop in and read... it means a lot to me... you are a sweet heart and a star of a friend! Thanks Arlene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second all of the above. You take many trips into memory lane and they are all so wonderful..
    Great writing, snapping and tapping into my heart - again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Arlene... You two Arlene friends are so good at stopping in to comment and it means so much to me... as friends go... you both shine as bright as a star in my heart!

    ReplyDelete