Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Embrace CHANGE!

"Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts."
-Arnold Bennett


"Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the known to the unknown."
-George Shinn


"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. "
-Maya Angelou



Here is a little CHANGE
from color to black and white!
This is Mariah last week in front of the poster
in the basement of Colin's band tour in 2006.
That tour took him through
many city CHANGES along the way.


Here is Beau last week making a CHANGE
to how he can stack the LOVE blocks!


BEAU goes through many CHANGES of emotions in a day,
mostly happy ones! 


Beau on Friday CHANGING
 the use for the tupper wear bin! 

Last week...
Mariah and my niece Rowen,
CHANGED into costumes.
Rowen CHANGED Mariah's hair do,
...& Beau not wanting to be left out of the fun!


A little CHANGE of supper for us!
Brian got take out SUSHI on Saturday for supper...
it was a TASTY CHANGE! 


Time to LEAP into a CHANGE on the bulletin boards
at BSOBAD... from Hearts to Shamrocks!
Although some of these MARCH BOARD EMBELLISHMENTS
have not CHANGED in years...
they continue to hang in different spots each year!
The little ELF in the upper right corner is my favorite
Bulletin Board thing of all time!
His happy little face always CHANGES my spirits,
and puts me in a good mood....along with the
IRELAND FOREVER sign!


Yesterday we got a CHANGE of carpet in our family room.
It looks very similar to the old one, but just a shade darker
and lots more cushy and soft under lay makes it feel like
a real CHANGE to walk on it!


Yesterday Mariah was here briefly
sitting on the kitchen chair
which had CHANGED to the dining room
temporarily while the new carpet was being put in. 


Beau was summing up the CHANGE
of furniture placement, too, yesterday when here! 


Something that can CHANGE the aroma and ambiance
in the house!
SCENTSY
Here are 3 of my new favorites!

Today as we get ready to LEAP into a
whole new month... I got to thinking of
all the CHANGES in my life lately!


Last week was one filled with many
hours of babysitting, which caused some CHANGES to my normal daily routine!
I didn't get to the gym as often,
nor did I eat my regular foods...
and instead ate way too many snacks!

This week I am trying to CHANGE
back to my normal routine again.
I went to the GYM today. I do like to take
BODY VIVE, which for the past bit has
had a CHANGE of teacher. TRENT is an awesome instructor at Goodlife,
but doesn't usually teach that class.
I do enjoy his classes, though when ever
he teaches. Next week it will CHANGE
back to the regular teachers
for that class again!

I have been CHANGING from
STARBUCKS to TIM HORTON'S
for my coffees lately!
I went there again following my gym
this morning with my friend, Ella.
I am hoping my luck will CHANGE soon,
on the "roll up the rim to win"!!!
So far I always get this in my rim...
"please play again!"
Ella got a free coffee or latte in
her rim today, though!

Yesterday we CHANGED our
family room carpet. We have had
the same grey burber for the past
15 years or so. It was wearing out
in places and had many a stain on it, too!
So although we didn't CHANGE
the look of the carpet drastically,
we did FRESHEN things up a bit
with a new darker grey burber
on a better underlay.
We managed to get rid of all creaks
in there too, so it is now
CHANGED to quieter as well!
This is the room we spend
most of our time in, so it seemed like
a good place to CHANGE things in.

I got a LEAP on things at the dance studio
by CHANGING the bulletin boards from FEBRUARY to MARCH.
I have many seasonal embellishments
that have been around for my
10 years of doing boards at BSOBAD.
However, they still work well, so rather
than CHANGE them... I just choose to
add to them and or CHANGE
where I hang them,
so they always seem sort of new!
I do really like the MARCH
stuff for the boards, too!!!

I am a big FACEBOOKER...
and believe me... nothing CHANGES
more than the format for that!
I have a hard time adapting
to the CHANGES as fast
as they happen there...
but am trying hard to EMBRACE them,
because without CHANGE
we do not grow... or so the sayings go!

Every 4 years there is a CHANGE
to the month of FEBRUARY,
in that there is an extra day,
making it a LEAP YEAR!...
Tomorrow is that 4 year CHANGE...
and then it will be another 4 years
until we LEAP into that CHANGE again!

Soon we will be CHANGING
from winter to spring...
that is always a welcome CHANGE!

I have been watching several
shows on TV lately.
One which I have not mentioned is
"THE BACHELOR"
I sort of got hooked into that one...
but am really wanting the bachelor,
Ben, to CHANGE his choices of girls.
Anyone else following it will know
what I mean by this!!!
I hope he CHANGES his thoughts
on Courtney next week!!!!!!!! wink wink!

As well as that show...
I still watch the reality singing shows...
"The Voice" and "American Idol"
Sometimes I would have had a CHANGE
of heart on who gets chosen in those shows
as well, however that being said....
I do think there is a lot of good talent
on both those shows this season.

I have enjoyed the fact that ELLEN
has had the little British tutu cuties...
"Sophia Grace and Rosie"  on a lot!
 Today they CHANGED things up by
singing an original tune called
"PRINCESS SWAGGER"...
it was just TUTU cute!
 I believe Ellen has CHANGED
their lives forever!

Some CHANGES in life are inevitable
... and whether we like them or not...
they continue to happen all around us,
so why not  just EMBRACE the CHANGE!

My Auntie Betty in Vancouver is
CHANGING her age today...
Happy Birthday to her!

on that note... my poem of the day

Changes are just everywhere...
in people and in things.
And often they just change the tune
in which your heart now sings.
Things are always changing
each and everyday...
But sometimes we just wish those things
would stay the same old way!
But growth can really not be found
by merely standing still.
So changing is is just what we do,
sometimes beyond our will.
Change can often freshen up
the things that become old.
Or change some little minor things
into  something bold.
Sometimes change is in our control
and other times it's not.
But however change will come to us,
a little , or a lot!
Embrace it as it comes your way,
because it can be great.
CHANGE is like a LEAP of faith,
EMRACE it... CELEBRATE!












2 comments:

  1. I really like this one, Diane. Nice poem. I think the biggest change ever to happen to you was the day you became a grandma. Of course I don't know much about that - just what people tell me I'm missing, but you just blossom with change. Some find it painful, so this is another great thing I love about you. It's interesting to think back about all the changes in one's life and how we also change/adapt with them. Thanks for the perspective and reflection. Good stuff here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Arlene... I'm glad you enjoyed it and came by to read and comment on it, too... When I changed into a grandma... it was a proud day for sure... one life's very best changes for sure! I always appreciate your kind words and comments ! Thanks again...

    ReplyDelete