Sunday, April 22, 2012

GRANDKIDS make me SMiLE!

"Grandchildren are God's way of 
compensating us for growing old."
-Mary H. Waldrip


"A child's smile is one of 
life's greatest blessings."
-Author Unknown


"Smile, it is the key that fits 
the lock of everybody's heart."
-Anthony J. D'Angelo



Last night with my 2 grandkids
squeaky clean after their baths! 


Brian this morning with the kids eating chips for breakfast!
... no rules at GRAMMIE D'S! 


PINK popsicles! 

A little quick visit from my niece Rowen
... I think Beau was wanting a bit more space! 


Supper last night at Boston Pizza
BEAU saying "CHEE"! 

Another popsicle... this one for breakfast!


Brian and Mariah walking Shuffle
 toward the park this morning. 


Mariah excited to be at the park...
bravely trying the monkey bars! 


BEAU on the slide at
Lakeview park this morning. 


Mariah loves to write with sidewalk chalk! 


Beau having a little driveway picnic with his
leftover BUGS N'CHEESE from BP! 

Enjoying the SUNSHINE on the deck on this fine EARTH DAY!


Mariah enjoying her new book on the deck in the sun!

HAPPY EARTH DAY everyone!
...and what a beautiful sunny day
it is here, too!

I had my two grandkids here for a wee sleepover last night, which always adds SUNSHINE and SMILES to my life!

We spent much of this
morning out in the sun both
at the neighborhood park
and in our front and back yards.
The kids love to be outside!

The weather definitely got nicer
out from the very cold weather
we experienced on Friday.

There is never a dull moment
when I have the kids here,
from movies, to crafts to snacks,
to stories and songs, to general fun and games... it is non stop activity from
arrival till when they go home.

The grandkids will be back
later again too as we
have a barbeque supper.
We might even eat outside... yippee!

I have had a busy few days with going to the gym, and birthday events, along with being asked by BSOBAD owner, BRENDA,
to come and critique her
solos and duos before they head
to competition next week.

I felt honored to watch the kids
strutt their stuff on Friday night
while I wrote a little paper for each number.
This is like a warm up for me before
heading to Moose Jaw next weekend to adjudicate a dance festival there.

I like to share my comments
and perspective on dance
when ever asked...
and always feel honored to be asked.

I have been enjoying the new SH'BAM
class at goodlife gym lately, too.
It is kind of like dancing but
it is fitness, too... all good!
I have enjoyed a few coffee outings
with my gym friend, Ella lately as well.

I received shocking and sad news of a
Dance Teacher friend losing her husband suddenly this weekend.
He passed away just as my dad
did 12 years ago, to a brain aneurism.
Nothing can prepare a person
for that kind of death.
This always comes as a reminder
to cherish all things and people who are important in my life, everyday.
It certainly makes me realize
there is no  rhyme or reason to
when a person's time on earth is over.

My heart goes out to DEBBIE
along with the FOLEY FAMILY...
my thoughts and prayers are
with them at this very sad
time in their life.

So on that note...
my RHYME of the day,
this fine EARTH DAY!

There is nothing I can say
that is better on this EARTH,
Than having two sweet grandkids,
and all that they are worth!
They really do know how to tire me out
when here for a while,
But I can honestly say this much...
They ALWAYS MAKE ME SMILE!
Singing little happy songs
and going to the park...
Staying up at sleepovers...
until way after dark!
They help to keep me feeling young,
as I do grow old,
And give us all some memories
to be shared and later told!
Grandkids truly are a gift...
that truly keeps on giving,
And I am ever grateful,
'cause they make my life worth living!

2 comments:

  1. a great 'earth day' blog...loved the photos!
    Your grandkids are growing nicely...like flowers in Spring time, the sunshine and warm weather agrees with them no doubt. Loved your 'quotes' and your poem!
    Thank you for sharing Diane ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I love when you stop by to read and look at the blog and also leave your sweet and kind comments too! I sure appreciate you as a friend!

    ReplyDelete