Thursday, April 19, 2012

Impromptu FUN!

"Fun is good."
-Dr. Seuss


"Our days are happier when we give people 
a piece of our heart rather than 
a piece of our mind"
- Author Unknown


"Each day comes bearing it's own gifts... 
Untie the ribbons!"
-Ruth Ann Schabacker



A moment in time... very impromtu...
and ever so SPECIAL!
At my father-in-law, GREG'S
87th BIRTHDAY yesterday
Beau went to give his great grandpa a kiss!
The sun shining through the window
adds a visual effect to the photo...
This is the oldest member and
youngest member of the family
sharing a moment...
This spells LOVE!


Mariah with a special Birthday hug
 for her Great Grandpa Greg.
(This is Greg's first GREAT GRAND CHILD)
another SPECIAL moment!


A very sweet impromptu little photo of a hug
shared by Mariah and her great Grandma Blanche...
Memories like these just make my heart SMILE!


Who doesn't love a CUPCAKE! 


Greg and his oldest Grand daughter, Jana,
Sharing some LOVE...
and another impromptu photo opportunity! 


Beau sitting on Great Grandma Blanche's walker
eating a cupcake!
This impromtu photo also says so much
about the generations of LOVE we share in the family. 


My friend LINDA from Lanigan made an impromptu little trip
to the city to pick up a computer that was being serviced.
No trip here is complete without a little stop at STARBUCKS!
... and we get a photo of that every time,
even when we have to take it ourselves!
I love impromptu days like this!


Another IMPROMPTU moment yesterday
was running into my neighbor, HEATHER,
 infront of Winner's.
I was able to introduce my two friends,
who had never met...
then we had time for a wee shop inside, too!
(Linda was very successful with her impromptu shop,
purchasing a top, a dress and a new purse)


An Impromptu CELEBRATION for
my DANCE BUDDY, BRENDA,
who celebrated her Birthday on Tuesday.
I believe we will do a studio celebration later,
but we fit in a quick  panini and latte on her actual day!


An impromptu little TAP CLASS!
 I was asked by former student, LLOANNE (on the Left),
to come and share some TAPPINESS
with her 3 little tappers she teaches,
above
JOAH,  ESTHER and Lloane's daughter, GRACE.


A very IMPROMPTU photo
of a building that holds a special spot in my heart!
I spent 20 years of my life on the 3rd floor
of this building teaching dance...
Yes this is the Canadian Linen Supply Building,
where I got my start with
"Diane Will Dance Studio."
I was at a stop light at this corner Tuesday and
snapped a quick photo out my window!


An impromptu photo that Jana
texted to me the other day...
I cannot believe how fast
my GRANDSON, BEAU
is growing  up,
and what a handsome dude he is! 


I love an impromptu chance to
craft a card, write a poem and wrap a gift. 


Amongst the impromptu FUN this week...
was updating the dance studio bulletin boards at
 BRENDA'S SCHOOL OF BATON AND DANCE!
(BSOBAD)
I took down EASTER... and put up SPRING,
soon we will watch the
BLOSSOMING TALENTS
BLOOM!


The building where BSOBAD dances...
(Albert Community Centre)
an impromptu photo of Mariah and two little dance friends
after her Wednesday class, April 4th.
These will be some of the BLOSSOMING TALENTS
in this year's year end show
 to be held May 26th.


Right now I am having my
morning coffee out of my
white cup with the red polka dots
that states this inside...
"WHOEVER SMILES FIRST WINS"

I have had a very IMPROMPTU
week of events so far,
thus the title for today's blog.

The pictures above fill
you in on some of the FUN I have had!

Tuesday morning I went for my
TWO CLASS "TWOSDAY"
at GOODLIFE GYM....
but following my Body Vive class,
I chose to not stay for
Body Flow as I often do.
I found out the launch of a new
highly anticipated class
called "SH'BAM"
was to begin in the evening Tuesday,
so I decided to do that instead.
It was a fun class, too,
well attended and very high energy!

I shared some TAPPINESS with
some young budding tappers
Tuesday, too. I had quite an
IMPROMPTU "tour" of the
west end on my way as well...
and on my way back home, following,
I passed by my old studio building
and had an IMPROMPTU
flashback to a flood
of memories from the days spent there!

I was delighted to squeeze in a
wee bit of time with my busy Dance teacher friend, Brenda on her birthday, Tuesday.
I love a little IMPROMPTU
Starbucks moment when ever it pops up!

Yesterday
was a day of IMPROMPTU FUN
from start to finish.
My friend, Linda, informed me
via Facebook in the morning
that she had to come to the city.
We also enjoy a STARBUCKS opportunity,
together whenever we get that chance!
She squeezed in a bit
of shopping time... where we ran into my neighbor Heather, too.

We celebrated my father-in-law,
GREG'S 87th BIRTHDAY
yesterday by going for
cupcakes and ice cream cake!
It was another reminder to me
of how lucky I am to have
four generations of family
around me to CHERISH and LOVE!

Although my own dad is now in Heaven,
I am ever so grateful my wonderful
father-in-law is still with us.
He is such a warm and kind man,
who shares his pride and love
always... paving the way
for generations to come.

I LOVE any opportunities
I get to craft, write and create
and be with family and friends sharing IMPROMPTU FUN!

I also enjoyed all my TV shows
this week, and ever am grateful for PVR
to tape them and watch later avoiding
the commercials!
I think American Idol is especially
good this year, and am wondering
who will be going home
after last night's vote!

I am off to do more gym classes today...
and likely more IMPROMPTU FUN!

So on that note...

Doing things that are unplanned
is often the one...
That brings on the most
IMPROMPTU kind of FUN!
I'm often very side tracked,
so it is no surprise,
That doing things impromptu,
is like a small disguise!
I like when things come along
and pop up with no prep,
I just enjoy the moment...
and take it step by step!
Little celebrations are always fun...
whether big or small,
I "TAP" into the moment...
and I just enjoy it all!


2 comments:

  1. Great blog, great 'quotes' and wonderful photos of your father-in-law and Beau...all the photos were great, as usual! I love seeing them all...specially the one of Beau as the 'handsome dude'.
    You lead a busy life GrammieD and that's what makes your blogs so interesting to read!
    Thank you for sharing your 'impromptu get together's' ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... for popping by too... I sure appreciate any one who cares to share in my life as you do! I feel blessed on so many levels!
    :)

    ReplyDelete