Monday, April 2, 2012

A "WiN-WiN" WEEKEND!

"Winning has always meant much to me, 
but winning friends has meant most."
-Babe Didrickson Zaharius


"Winners never quit and quitters never win."
-Vince Lombardi


"Memories last forever, never do they die, friends stick together and never really say goodbye."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson  



The "WiN-WiN" combo I bonded with this past weekend.
In Lanigan at the Dance Competition.
My buddy, Linda and my daughter, Jana.


My buddy, Linda and me...
ready to be secretaries for the Adjudicator ,
who just happened to be my daughter, Jana!

Proud momma and daughter, Jana
 before Friday night dance session at the
20th Annual Lanigan Dance Competition.

Me after a little hair trim in Lanigan's hair salon ...
here with Linda running the front door
at the dance competition Saturday morning.


A full circle WiN WiN moment in time for me.
Here is a dance group taught by former student, KELLY.
Both Jana and I trained him growing up...
this weekend Jana adjudicated his work!
Both Kelly and Jana made me proud!


Another "WiN-WiN" moment...
this was last Thursday with my
buddy, Brenda, at Starbucks. 

Beau here on Thursday
when I picked him up from daycare.


Beau ready to crawl across the table
to check out my Easter Egg Tree!


I had a very fun weekend filledwith a road trip with my daughter
to Lanigan to Girfriend bond with
my buddy, Linda ,
watching lots of great dancing,
 awesome visits, lots of laughs...
way too much junk food ,
some chai tea lattes and
even some coolers, too!
All in all a "win-win" weekend
all round for me.

My friend, Linda is the publisher
of the local Lanigan news paper,
called ...
"The Lanigan Advisor"
Linda has such an incredible
sense of community in Lanigan
and always gives of much of her time
to events in and around that town.
This past weekend was no exception
as she volunteered her time
to help with working the door
as well as being a writer for a
few shifts at the local 20th annual
LANIGAN DANCE DYNAMICS
Dance competition.


I stayed at her house this weekend,
so we had a chance to girlfriend bond
as we shared our passion for dance.

I felt another element to my
dance chapter of life was added
when I did some writing for my daughter
as she adjudicated the competition.
I have never worked with her on
that side of the fence (so to speak!)
She made me proud once again
 as her mom and her dance teacher.
It was a WIN WIN memory
in time for me!


I was reminded about the
importance of competing
as I watched many young
Saskatchewan dancers
strutt their stuff
across the Lanigan stage.
The Lanigan dance community
does a fabulous job of running
a very successful little competition.


Competing is not just about the
WINNING!
It is about the journey...
the training, the preparations,
the goal setting, the meeting of new friends
and idols along the path.
Everyone who dances and
gets on stage is a true WINNER
just for doing their best!

I do recall my competing days
as a dancer, a teacher and a dance mom.
Now from a spectator and adjudicator's perspective, I can only give construction,
 advice and ONE OPINION on how things
end up at that competition.
Any other judge or any other day
the end results could all be different.
So knowing that it is important to keep the things that matter most in perspective.
Regardless of who WINS in the end,
if the dancers have had fun and
made a new memory in their journey...
it is a "WIN- WIN"!

I know after eating lots this past weekend,
I am definitely not a loser!!!
However... in Weight Watchers...
if you lose you really win!

 I did the "WIN WIN" class combo of
CX- Works and Body Flow
today at the gym,
to try to work off some of the
excess eating I did in Lanigan
this past weekend.

I just know that in all of the STAGES
I have DANCED across
as well as through, in my life...
the memories and friends
I have made along the way
are truly the best part of all!
A real WiN- WiN!

Today is my cousin Bob's birthday...
Happy Day cousin!

So on that note...
My rhyme of the day,

I had a fun weekend...
 just where do I begin?
Bonding with my besties, and DANCE
... a real WiN- WiN!
My heart always loves to DANCE
and watch young dancers, too.
I know it's such a part of me,
it fills me through, and through.
I've danced across so many stages,
Through many a stage, too,
and many ages.
And competitions hold a special spot,
And WIN or LOSE it matters not.
It's about the journey from the start,
The MEMORIES... the PEOPLE...
and DANCING from the HEART!

2 comments:

  1. another 'win win happy blog' loved your 'winning quotes' and your photos are great! Your 'little' Beau is growing so fast, he sure is handsome too!
    Your passion for 'the dance' shines though in this blog for sure...thank you for sharing Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene for once again stopping in to read my blog... this one was reposted by a couple of Lanigan residents (LINDA being one of those!) which made it my most read blog of all time! I did enjoy my weekend there and always do! Lots to be proud of in my dance life, too!

    ReplyDelete