Wednesday, April 25, 2012

PERSPECTIVE through many STAGES!

"You've got to get to the stage in life where going for it is more important than winning or losing"
-Arthur Ash


"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
-Dr. Wayne Dyer


"ABILITY -is what you are capable of doing.
MOTIVATION- Determines what you do.
ATTITUDE- Determines how well you do it."
- Author Unknown



A Back STAGE photo from last season's DANCE RECITAL
with my precious grand daughter, MARIAH.
This widens the circle of dance for me and puts my life into
full PERSPECTIVE! 


A special memory of my daughter JANA, and me
giving our PERSPECTIVE at a dance competition
in Kindersley last April.
This weekend JANA and I will be giving our
PERSPECTIVES again at Dance Competitions.
She will be adjudicating in BIGGAR
and I will be in MOOSE JAW!


I am with Dance Teacher sisters, NADINE and NICOLE.
We were asked by BRENDA from BSOBAD
 to come and give our PERSPECTIVE
and some constructive comments
 on her solo/duo show last Friday night.
(Nadine taught ballet at my studio for 4 years  and
Nicole is not only a dance teacher,
she teaches at Goodlife Gym, too
and is one of the SH'BAM instructors!)


Some of the dance family I belong to!
Here we are celebrating a belated birthday lunch for BRENDA!
Today they are off to a competition in Sherwood Park, Alberta. 


A look of admiration between
my hubby, Brian and my grandson, Beau...
shots like this give my life perspective on
the simple things in life that make it all worthwhile! 


My grandkids Beau and Mariah enjoying the sunshine
in our backyard here on sunday.
SUNSHINE makes us all have a happy perspective on life! 


Enjoying our first meal on the deck of this season here on Sunday.
Family always keeps me grounded
and gives me a grateful perspective. 


My" OVER THE TOP STICKER" file!
I have earned myself a reputation of being the
"STICKER QUEEN"
when ever I go to adjudicate a dance festival or competition.
I take this with me and try to match the stickers to the dances I judge.
It helps gives me a FUN PERSPECTIVE on the job...
and hopefully brings
FUN REWARDS to the dancers who receive them, too!


Today I am off to adjudicate
a dance festival in Moose Jaw.
I am always honored to be
asked to share my
"PERSPECTIVE" on things!

I have adjudicated many many
times over the past 20 or 30 years.
I think I have become more efficient at it,
too, in that over time
I have really been on
all sides of the STAGE!

I have gone from being a competitive dancer growing up, to working for a competitive studio in my teens, to opening and running my own studio for 28 successful years.
 I taught and trained dancers, and lots went on to professional dance careers,
including my daughter, Jana.
I successfully put students through
many dance exams, dance competitions,
and festivals along the journey.
Really it is all about
the JOURNEY along the way!


When I closed my own studio in 2002,
I became the Tap director for BSOBAD
in the city and worked for my good dance friend, BRENDA.
In addition I have taught many
workshops and dance summer schools over my years in the business.

All sides of the STAGE have been fun for me. Now one of the most recent STAGES is being the proud grandma of Mariah in her early STAGES of DANCING.
She is currently in a little combo class
and one day I hope she will be off to competition too!

So many things in my life have
revolved around my life as a DANCER!
Being in the dance world always puts a great PERSPECTIVE on all things in life.

I practice my judging skills weekly as I watch the reality shows on TV such as
"American Idol", "Dancing With The Stars",
and "The Voice".
I even have an ongoing book that I give them marks in to keep track of how my PERSPECTIVES stack up against
the voting public of America!

This week is international DANCE WEEK...
and Friday is International Dance Day.
So what better way to spend it than by giving my PERSPECTIVE on some of the little upcoming talents at a dance festival!

Today I am thinking of my mom.
It is exactly one year and a half
since she passed away.
She always DANCES on in my heart.
She was always my biggest
FAN and supporter
in my dance career.

Tomorrow is my nephew JEFF's Birthday,
so I am sending him some
warm wishes in this blog!

"You can dance anywhere,
even if only in your heart."
-Author Unknown


So on that quote...
My rhyme of the day,
to help put things into PERSPECTIVE!

I'm always honored to be asked
to share my perspective,
I TAP into the comments,
I hope to be effective.
I also bring my stickers
to add sparkle and pizzazz.
To every single paper,
whether TAP, BALLET or JAZZ!
I feel I have something to offer
as I've been through many ages...
And I have had experience
on many sides of STAGES!
So as I share my expertise
with generations to come,
I hope to be real helpful
and not to sound too dumb!
I just never stop learning,
it keeps me wanting more,
And DANCING lives inside my heart
and earns a great big score!
My PERSPECTIVE tells me
it's also about making new friends,
And truly festivals come and go,
but the JOURNEY never ends!





2 comments:

  1. a great blog on Perspective Diane. The 'quotes' and your poem were terrific. As always I loved seeing the photos of your family...and you!
    Your life in the dance world is quite amazing...and so are you!
    Thank you for sharing another great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS again for TAPPING in and reading my blog, Arlene... I am ever grateful for your wonderful PERSPECTiVE always!

    ReplyDelete