Sunday, April 8, 2012

HoPPinG DoWN tHe BUnnY TRaiL!

"One travels like a golf ball, hopping from green to green."



-John Gunther


(This quote seemed fitting for today in many ways... I can visualize every'BUNNY' on their egg hunts, but also think of my dad golfing, which was his favorite thing to do in the summer... and today would have been his 86th birthday. It also describes LIFE in general... good quote!)


"Easter tells us that life is to be interpreted not simply in terms of things but in terms of ideals."
- Charles M. Crowe


"Did you leave a trail of kindness behind you today?"
- Author Unknown



My little traditional
"CRAFTED CARDS"
for my grandkiddies! 


My "HONEY-BUNNY" (Hubby, Brian)
spoiled me this EASTER...
with these awesome shoes from SWANK SHOE LOUNGE,
along with some delicious looking CHOCOLATE,
and a beautiful 'HEARTFELT' card, too. 


My little BASKETS of FUN
for the grandkids...
We will "HOP" by their place later to deliver them! 

PROUD POPPA BRIAN...
with his
2 EGG-STRA SPECIAL little BUNNIES!!!


Some BUNNY else enjoying
her 2 little CHICK-A- DEES! 


BRO- RABBIT and SISTER HARE!!! 


EVERY"BUNNY"'S
"SHUFFLING"!!!!!
Here is my little doggie, Shuffle,
 doing her Bunny impersonation!!! 


EVERYBUNNY is having fun...
OUT TO LUNCH
with my SCOOTER friends!!!
 


HOPPING down the GOODLIFE TRAIL...
Even my Body Flow instructor, Peggy, dressed the part
of a CHOCOLATE EASTER BUNNY
at the gym on Good Friday! 


My son-in-law, NELS,
REALLY gives a whole new meaning to
"HOPPING"
down the Bunny Trail!
He is enjoying a crafted card from Mariah
after falling off a ladder on
(not -so) GOOD Friday (for him)!


Mariah is hopping to some fun
in the basement last night! 


BEAU
on the stairs after his bath here last night...
he is always running and
or "HOPPING" into something! 


My niece, ROWEN dancing in my
"Miss Sixty" boots,
with BEAU last night!
I can't believe how much these two
have grown up in a year. 


Some CRAFTINESS from yesterday!
 


Here is the story of my jelly beans!!!
TEE HEE...
I bought jelly beans thinking they
would tempt me less than chocolate
... but what was I thinking? 


HAPPY 86th EASTER BIRTHDAY DAD...
in the HEAVENS ABOVE.

These words to a famous song
come to mind...
"UNFORGETTABLE, in every way,
And forever more that's how you'll stay."
-Irving Gordon

As I sit down to write my special
EASTER edition of my blog today,
I am filled with so much love and emotion.
Growing up I do not remember if and
when my Dad's birthday ever fell on Easter,
I'm sure it possibly did!
But if he were still with us today he would be celebrating his 86th BIRTHDAY.
DAD lives on in my heart and spirit
every day and in CELEBRATION
I just made cupcakes to have
in his honor, too!

I was "EGG"-STREMELY SPOILED
today by my "HONEY-BUNNY"...
my dear sweet hubby, Brian.
He went shopping at my daughter's
shoe store, "SWANK SHOE LOUNGE"
and got the cute GREEN shoes
shown above...
and CHOCOLATE, too!
How "EGG"- ceptionally
thoughtful is that?

I've had a nice EASTER Season
so far as you can see by the
photos in this blog.

Thursday I went out for lunch with my
(SCOOTER) friends,
Colleen and Gailene to
TASTE BUDS!
We had many laughs as you can imagine.


GOOD FRIDAY I started off my day at
GOODLIFE GYM
doing a Body Flow class with a
CHOCOLATE EASTER BUNNY!
My instructor, Peggy
dressed in brown and bunny ears,
and gave an "EGG"- cellent class.

We invited brother Brian, and
Jana, Nels and kids for a
HAM and SCALLOPED POTATO
supper on GOOD FRIDAY.
However with the turn of events for NELS,
changing a light bulb in his front entry turned
GOOD FRIDAY
into NOT AS GOOD a FRIDAY
when he fell off his ladder
badly spraining his left ankle.
So now he really is "HOPPING"
 down the BUNNY TRAIL!

I did a great Body Vive class at
GOODLIFE yesterday morning.
It is a GOOD thing, too,
for all the jelly beans I consumed
through out the coarse of my day!!!!

I crafted some EASTER CARDS
and printed many pictures yesterday
for much of my afternoon.
My CRAFT ROOM needs some
attention really soon, too...
I will have to HOP to that this week!

Last night we babysat Mariah and Beau
while their mom and dad went out with friends.
We also had a visit from my sister-in-law,
Brenda and her 2 kids, Maxwell and Rowen.
We had a nice visit...
Mariah loves when ever Rowen HOPS by!

Tonight we have been invited for
EASTER supper at
NELS and JANA'S house.
My in-laws,
Blanche and Greg are invited as well.
I'm sure things will be HOPPING
over there today in many ways!

I am hoping
EVERY BUNNY
TAPS into a very
 HaPpY EaSTeR!

Today in honor of my DAD,
I posted the video off YOUTUBE
of a performance of Natalie Cole singing "UNFORGETTABLE"
with a Video of her dad,
NAT 'KING' COLE,
following his passing.
I thought it was the perfect
TRIBUTE
for a daughter to father.
Those of you reading my blog
who are not Facebookers...
might want to go to YOUTUBE
and check that out, too!
(It was a tear-jerker for me.)

So on that note...
and in honor of my dear dad, ROY,
my poem of the day...

A "ROY"-AL EASTER- BIRTHDAY

Often long after a loved one is gone,
We continue to celebrate them on and on.
Especially when it is a guy like my dad,
He was pretty much the BEST
 this world ever had.
It's his birthday again,
so he'll be taking a little break,
In HEAVEN today
and maybe eating some cake.
Not often does his birthday fall
on EASTER, too,
So that makes it SPECIAL (like him),
through and through.
Everyday he lives on in my heart
and my thoughts,
And he lives on in my spirit,
too... lots and lots!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dad,
whose name is ROY...
I'm grateful he filled my life
with such JOY!

4 comments:

  1. A great Easter blog my friend, I specially loved your photos, your cards are great...so crafty you are!
    your 'honey bunny' really did spoil his special girl, nice going!
    Loved your ending, I enjoy reading your poetry...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH Thanks Arlene for always being some BUNNY who HOPS by to read my blog... and to comment, too... it means so much to me!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great read, celebrating such a wonderful holiday and sharing all the fun and festivities prior and on the holiday. Brilliant and creative, that's who you are, like sunshine on a gloomy day. Thanks for this, Diane! I didn't know your dad, but I see that he lives on - in you. You are a real blessing to family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Arlene... glad you were able to read this one... My dad was pretty special to me...so this blog was one of meaning for sure... he lives on in my heart even 12 years after his passing. Thanks for HOPPING down this BUNNY TRAIL today!

    ReplyDelete