Wednesday, April 11, 2012

TAPPING Down MEMORY LANE!

"Memory is a way of holding on to things you love, the things you are, the things your never want to lose."
-Kevin Arnold


(the next two quotes I created and go with today's theme!)


"The memories of yesterday put a song in your heart for tomorrow."


"TAP into something SiMPLE and make it SPECiAL everyday!"



A TREASURED MEMORY...
Easter supper at Jana's.
Here is Jana with her Great Grandparents,
BLANCHE and GREG. 


Here is a little GRANDPA SANDWICH filled with MARIAH!
Brian and his dad look a lot alike I think! 


And here is a little GRANDMA SANDWICH
filled with MARIAH.
She sure loves all her Grandparents.
( the angel on the shelf behind represents my mom, too!)

Mother and Daughter memories and love!
 


Inspite of the fact NELS was hobbling on his sore foot
after his accident of falling off a ladder on Friday,
he still loves to make silly faces
when ever Mariah has the camera!
We have many of these type of memories in photos.


BEAU was on a ROLL...
on his brand new trike
he got from the Easter Bunny! 


Mariah was proud to show me her new
Build a Bear closet filled with accessories,
which is what the Easter Bunny left her. 


Everyone's Dessert plates were
personally labelled and delivered by Mariah.
We enjoyed coffee ice cream and cupcakes in honor of
what would have been my dad's 87th Birthday.


Great Grandma Blanche brought Easter books for
BEAU and MARIAH
Another Cherished memory in time! 


Another SPECIAL MEMORY!
2004 Canadian Idol Runner Up from SASKATOON,
THERESA SOKYRKA
was performing in town on Monday night,
and not only did I enjoy her concert,
I felt honored to get a quick photo with her, too! 


My brother Brian came by to make more memories and
 spend some precious BEAU-MENTS ,
 yesterday when I babysat Beau!
(Beau having a snack of fishy crackers here,
but to him all animals are PUPPIES!)


Beau enjoyed all his snacks here at GRAMMIE D's yesterday,
here he is with a CREAM- CONE! 


Making another memory in the back yard on the deck
It was so sunny out yesterday so he needed his little shades! 


My doggie, SHUFFLE,
"TAPPING" into a little moment in the SUNSHINE, too! 


Another snack among the many...
here is Beau yesterday enjoying a popsicle
on the front steps!
(So many memories at Grammie D's
house revolve around popsicles) 


Beau already for a little stroll around the block yesterday.
I enjoy all MEMORIES I can make with my grand kiddies!


A BLURRY photo of a fun little MEMORY
I made last night with former dance students,
( Courtney, Megan, Kelly and Courtney)
I am wearing my shirt which states...
"KEEP CALM AND SHUFFLE ON"
We definitely TAPPED DOWN MEMORY LANE!

This past few days have been filled with CHERISHED MEMORIES for me!

Sunday was a fun evening when
we shared 4 generations of LOVE
at JANA'S for EASTER SUPPER.

As we arrived at their house
with my in-laws, Blanche and Greg,
Jana's niece and nephew,
Linnea and Lars and
brother in-law, Jason,
were just leaving there,
after a visit from Calgary.

Easter Sunday this year fell on
what would have been
my dad's 87th birthday,
so in addition to the delicious
LASAGNA supper we had,
I made cupcakes to celebrate
both Easter and the birthday, too!
Mariah enjoyed adding names
to the plates and passing
those out at the table...
she was a big helper to her mommy!
Every time we are able to
gather as a family is a
CHERISHED MEMORY in time!

Monday evening
THERESA SOKYRKA,
former Canadian Idol runner up
from 2004, was performing at
TUSQ RESTAURANT"S
piano bar called STAQATTO.
Not only was I a huge fan
of her during her idol run,
Theresa was in the same grade as
Jana and the two knew each other in
high school at Holy Cross.
I loved Theresa's jazzy style,
and she still has that flavor to her work,
so it was nice to reconnect,
like another little trip down
MEMORY LANE!
Her personality is spunky
and warm as it was back
when I last saw her, too,
and she sounded great!

Yesterday I babysat BEAU for the day.
Every chance I get to bond
with either one of my grandkids,
is always a good MEMORY for me!
He is growing up fast,
and starting to babble a lot, as well.
Beau turned 20 months old
on Easter Sunday.
My brother Brian enjoys a chance
to make more precious BEAU-ments
in time by coming over to see
him when ever he can.
I enjoyed the MEMORIES
with both Beau and Brian yesterday,
along with many photo opportunities.

Last night I had a chance to do some
"TAPPING DOWN MEMORY LANE"
when asked by some former students to
come and share some "TAPPiNESS"
with them. They worked on a little
TAP number to perform at a
CHARITY called AEDEN'S ANGELS
to be held this JUNE.
I felt honored to be asked to help,
but also want to help out as they
TAP into such a good cause!

I look forward to another
TAPPIN' TUESDAY
next week, too.
Another former student, Lloanne,
has asked me to come and
see her little group of TAPPERS
she teaches and I will share a
little more TAPPiNESS
with them as well.

I CHERISH all MEMORIES
of my TAPPING days,
so any MEMORIES that revolve
around that are special to me.
Even though I no longer teach dance,
TAP will always hold a
special spot in my heart for sure.

I didn't make it to as much gym this week,
 but did enjoy a CX works and body flow
combo on Monday followed by a coffee
with my friend Ella.
We have made many
memories together lately!

Brian and I plan to make a little
MEMORY this weekend.
He had a four day weekend
so we are taking advantage of a
chance to just get away for a few days.
Photos from that will follow
in the next blog!

My little Angel Calendar says this today...
"A smile is the shortest distance
between two people."
-Victor Borge

So on that little quote...
here is my poem of the day!

Memories of yesterday,
put a song for tomorrow in your heart.
They help to make one realize
what is cherished from the start.
So really whether together with
family or with friends,
The memory of fun-filled valued times
just never ends.
Every day's a memory...
if just in one small way.
And it is what we choose to think,
and do and also say.
So TAPPING into simple
can be SPECIAL, that's for sure,
Especially when we go way back,
to times of how we were.

2 comments:

  1. Another great blog...from the 'quotes' (of course the photos:) and poem, and everything in between. You live such a busy life...thanks for sharing it with your readers!
    (sorry I'm late in reading it...I'm happy I did!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arlene... No worries... there is never an obligation or any deadline to read... I am always happy you enjoy my blog enough to pop on by and check them out. you are such a good friend... Thanks for TAPPING down MEMORY LANE with me!
    :)

    ReplyDelete