Sunday, August 12, 2012

"FOOD"-TOGRAPHY!

"Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul."
-Dorothy Day

"Anything is good if it is made of chocolate."
-Jo Brand

"If music be the food of love, play on."
-Shakespeare



Here is a mixture of FOOD-TOGRAPHY!
Top left... a pita and frozen yogurt,
top right...perogies and cabbage rolls from Berry Barn
bottom left...chocolate chip cookies for my Aunt and Uncle on their 67th Anniverary
bottom right...a yummy barbequed cheese burger, and bean salad on the deck! 


These little chocolate cars which I added to Beau's Birthday cupcakes
last weekend were a very big hit with BEAU! 


A tasty Vegetarian Lunch yesterday.
Beans from my brother's garden, corn on the cob and a salad 


Breakfast on the patio this morning at Fuddrucker's 


Appies on the rooftop of Athena Restaurant Thursday night. 


A Starbucks lunch with my friend Lynne last week! 


The "LITEHOUSE" pizza at Rock Creek Tap and Grill
on their patio last week! 


Brian's burger at the Rock Creek grill. 


Cakes in the window of a little cake store in Montreal
the store was called "D'Lish!" 


Bagel and lox while enjoying outdoor free jazz in Montreal. 


Yummy Mexican supper at Colin's on his deck in Montreal 


Frozen yogurt from PURE... a favorite treat in the summer! 


Chocolate chip Banana muffins...
(or FUFFINS as Beau calls them!) 


Refreshing MELON snack on our deck 


Cupcakes!
These ones were from Mariah's birthday with family back in May.


Today I decided to do a
 "FOOD"-TASTIC theme for my blog...
For those of you who pop by from time to time, you will know that most of my blog posts revolve around themes which include many photos of my adorable grandkids... however they have been at the lake this past week, so therefore I have no new updated photos to add of them. I decided this FOOD related theme might be a fun one instead!

I often snap photos of food we are having at meals and or snacks, but those photos never make the blogs as they are outnumbered by grandkid pics. Today is all about those many pictures I have taken to share what a
TASTY SUMMER it has been around here!

I looked up songs about food, too to find a sight with 525 titles of "FOOD" related songs such as
"ANIMAL CRACKERS",
"FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD",
"BREAD & BUTTER"...
and many more!

I do find food in the summer always tastes the very best when enjoyed in the sunshine on a deck or patio outdoors.
And who doesn't love a picnic???!

Those of you who know me, will also know how I like to document my life, so it is not a surprise I was able to find many photos of food alone!
I always figure it is good to 

capture the moment... because we will never get that one again... it is 
FOOD for THOUGHT!!!!

Brian and I were discussing how nice this summer has been while we shared our tasty breakfast on the patio of Fuddruckers this morning. We also shared how much 

we miss our little grandkids 
Mariah and Beau while they are away.

I have eaten more than I need over the past while... food just tastes like "more"
always in the summer! Soon I will need to get back to my WEIGHT WATCHER PROGRAM, though and get back on track with healthier choices before all the TASTES of summer catch up to my waist line!

I am teaching a little TAP at a
summer school in the end of the month,
so hopefully that will help me burn off some of the EXTRAS I have eaten lately...
On that note, 

time to TAP into my poem of the day...

"FOOD- TASTIC!"
When it comes to food,
I'm always in the mood,
And I sure do love pretty much
every kind of food!
From chocolate,
to coffee topped off with fluff,
To healthy and junky...
and all kinds of stuff!
Good for the waist line
can be really good...
But I don't eat as much of that
as I should!
Variety they say...
is really the key,
And if that is the case,
that can really suit me!
Because I like a lot
if it's hot or it's cold...
I like it mild and
sometimes real bold.
Ice cream, cookies and sundaes
are yummy...
But if I eat too many,
They sure add to my tummy!
Soon I will have to get
right back on track,
To eating more healthy,
and give junk food the slack!
Food is what keeps
me all fueled up...
With whatever I eat
and drink from my cup!

2 comments:

  1. what a yummy blog today, I'm now hungry after looking at your wonderful photos of, no doubt, great tasting food!
    I loved your 'quotes'...as usual, and all because you relate them so well to your theme! It's nice to hear you're teaching a dance class. Looking forward to hearing all about it in the next blog. Loved the poem as well.
    Thank you for sharing your summer of eating with your readers...this reader appreciated it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for getting a TASTE of my food related blog today! My tap classes are at the end of this month... but I'll be sure to TAP into that closer to when it happens!... I always appreciate when you pop by to read my blog Arlene!
    :)

    ReplyDelete