Sunday, August 5, 2012

Something to CELEBRATE!

"When you spread around joy and happiness, then life all around becomes a grand CELEBRATION."
-Anna Trimiew


"The more you praise and celebrate life, the more there is in life to celebrate."
-Oprah Winfrey


"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make everyday a holiday and celebrate just living. "
-Amanda Bradley



Here is BEAU in his sister's sunglasses clapping for
the OLYMPICS on TV... (which he refers to as "FEE-VEE"!)
So much to CELEBRATE always!!! 

MARIAH CELEBRATING her fun CRAFT with STAR Quality!



My niece Emily doing crafts in my basement...
I like to take a little credit for getting her interested in this in the first place,
as we began doing this together years ago,
now it is sort of tradition to fit in a session while she is in town!.


Brian,  and his Tuscon friend, Steve and myself at
BERRY BARN for a delicious supper Tuesday night! 


This is the menu at BERRY BARN...
 it is a great summer CELEBRATION kind of place to go! 


Keeping in the "BARN" theme...
 here is my father-in-law, Greg, sharing his BARN BOOK
with Brian's friend STEVE. 


Brian, his brother , Bruce and his friend, Steve.
Bruce has been here for the past 4 weeks, and Steve the past week. 


Steve and Brian in front of one of our favorite
 Japanese Restaurants called SUSHIRO. 


After our sushi... we wandered down the street to the FRINGE
which is another one of
SASKATOON'S SUMMER CELEBRATIONS! 


Yesterday was a BIG CELEBRATION...
my sweet Auntie Mary and Uncle Charlie
CELEBRATED their 67th Wedding Anniversary.
I crafted a little card and baked some chocolate chip cookies
for them and delivered them to my Aunt's nursing home.  


My dear Auntie Mary looking fabulous on her
 67th Wedding Anniversary yesterday. .. at her nursing home.
I just missed seeing Uncle Charlie,
 he had been there minutes before I got there for a visit.
(He still lives in their home of many years, in Montgomery Place)


Many photos I've taken in the past week or so
of BEAU...
He has a birthday CELEBRATION coming up,
so I might need to do a little Birthday craft for him! 


some "FOOD"-TOGRAPHY!
These are the foods we have around here for our day to day
CELEBRATIONS at BUMMA'S HOUSE...
(which is what Beau now calls me!)


LIFE itself is a big CELEBRATION!

My summer has been filled with many things worth celebrating, from spending time with special family and friends near and far, to many events and meals in between.

Just this past week alone... since my previous blog I have taken another 166 photos... of this that and the other. Always hard to include the events that might interest my readers most.

We have had Brian's brother, Bruce and his daughter Emily visiting from Vancouver for the past 4 weeks. They have stayed at the Raskobs, but we have shared lots of time with them.

Brian's high school buddy, Steve, from Tuscon, Arizona came to stay with us this past Tuesday.
 He and Brian have had fun rehashing old school memories together.
Friday the two of them went to Waskesiu for a wedding, (Brian was going as Steve's date!)

 We have done many outings revolving around food... in and around my babysitting stints, etc etc!

I have had lots of BEAU the last while...and we have watched the Olympics and he has performed his own version which I call the "BEAU"-LYMPICS!

It was exciting to see Canada get their first GOLD medal yesterday in Woman's Trampoline
CELEBRATING Rosie MacLennan of Ontario.

Other things worthy of CELEBRATIONS this past week...

- Our Saskatoon Twirler, Julia Newton, from Brenda's School Of Baton and Dance, placed 9th overall in the WORLD TWIRLING Competition in FRANCE.

Yesterday my Aunt Mary and Uncle Charlie
CELEBRATED 67 years of wedded bliss!

Tomorrow Friends from Toronto,
Kristi and Matt
will CELEBRATE their
7th Wedding Anniversary.

On Monday, August 7th...
one of my favorite cousins, GWEN,
Celebrates her birthday.

On Tuesday, August 8th, BEAU will be "TERRIFIC- TWO!"

Tomorrow we plan to have an early CELEBRATION to honor Beau's Birthday.

It seems there is always ...
Something to CELEBRATE!

Life itself is like a CELEBRATION...
There's always something
to cause a jubilation.
Whether it's a birthday,
anniversary, or a win,
Something special is happening,
to just make me grin!
Everyday has something
SPECIAL within it...
Some days have a lot,
and others... just a bit!
But when I choose to
CELEBRATE
just to be...
It makes all of life
more worthwhile to me!






2 comments:

  1. A blog worth celebrating...your photos are terrific, they tell a great deal of what celebrating life at the Raskob's is all about! Love your 'quotes' (as always:).
    your poem was very cute also.
    Thank you for sharing the 'Beau-lympics'. you're so creative Bumma!
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful life with your readers (this reader appreciates it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHH... Thanks Arlene... and I so appreciate you, too... it makes me happy when someone tunes into the blog and shares their thoughts on it. I love to write it... but have fallen somewhat behind this summer... so much happening always! Lots of Celebrations for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete