Thursday, August 30, 2012

TaPpiNeSs brings HaPpiNeSs!

"Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born."
-Dale Turner

"Dance is like DREAMING with your feet."
-Author Unknown

...and for me that means 
"TAPPING" with my feet!



Here is a "HAPPiNESS/TAPPiNESS" photo turned into a
Thank You card for my Dance teacher friend, KRISTY.
The card has me along with my assistant , KELLY,
in our Tappiness shirts and Tap shoes! 


Here are Kristy and her mom, Wendy, with me at her
SUMMER FUSION DANCE INTENSIVE 2012
dance camp.
I love all the quotes on her studio walls! 


Here is Kristy in her front waiting area of her studio,
with her adorable 2 sons, Tyce and Cole. 


Another picture another quote!
Jazz/contemp/Musical Theatre teacher ... Gillian is in this one
with Kristy, Kelly and me...
we were doing this tiny tot squat pose so
we could read the quote!!!


The Jr. Tap class with Kelly...
check out all the super star splits!!! 


The intermediate Tap class "TOAD-ALLY" Rocking On! 


I taught my "SATIN DOLL" tribute to my parents...
to this group of Sr. Tappers!
 


Hip Hop teacher, Vince, Ballet teacher,  Christina
and Jazz, etc. teacher, Gillian.
The sign behind them got cut off... but it still reads...
"It's about Dance in!"


My old shoes on the left above are "TAPPED OUT" ...
so I borrowed a pair on the right!
Those ones from a former student, Courtney,
still have stickers on the bottom from her tapping
with me as her teacher!
I was grateful for those these last few days,
they brought me such TAPPiNESS!


Many many TAPPiNESS notes from my years gone by.
I felt like I was studying for an exam leading up to this dance camp
 in prep for my little teaching stint.
It has been a while since I taught something like this...
I'm glad I hang on to all my notes.


My cute little doggie, named after the TAP step, "SHUFFLE",
 this morning had to go to the vet.
She has a little case of Kennel cough,
so we are keeping her Calm and SHUFFLING on...
as the T-shirt states... here shown with her two bottles of meds.

Whether you are a first time blog reader or one who pops in from time to time... I just want to say THANKS for TAPPING by!


I have just completed a 4 day dance camp where I was extremely honored to be invited to teach the TAP at Kristy's Dance Fusion here in the city. She had so much to offer her students at the intensive... as well as the Tap I taught, classes were given in Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Conditioning, Nutrition, Injury Prevention and Body Alignment.She had an amazing teaching staff for the intensive, and I just came from the showcase where they showed a demo of all the little combos they learned. I was very impressed with all the material they learned in only 4 days.

Teaching after being on a break from it, certainly renewed my enthusiasm for my passion of dancing... and especially of TAP!  She had a great group of students in 3 different levels taking everything. Her studio was such a beautiful facility to teach in with many inspiring dance quotes featured on many of her studio room walls.

It was like studying for an exam leading up to the intensive when I got out lots of my old notes to review what I might be teaching. I was ever grateful to have the assistance of former student Kelly Woodley helping me with the Tap classes. He has gone on to become a teacher now too and is very keen. For us it was a bit of a blast from the past!

This week was a reminder how fun it is to be around people who share the same interest and hear their take on it. I enjoyed my teaching  and the whole summer school, however, am feeling relieved that it is now behind me. 

Tappiness will always bring me Happiness... 
But I am glad I am no longer a full time dance teacher any more!

           I love the quote as you enter 
             Kristy's studio which states...
         
           "It's more than just DANCE... 
          it's about developing qualities 
           every child needs to succeed."

     On that note... my rhyme of the day...

It truly isn't all by chance,
That I'll always LOVE to DANCE.
Whether in slippers or in TAP SHOES,
It's all about the dance I choose..
It brings me smiles and HAPPiNESS,
When my feet do TAPPiNESS!
When I'm lost in the SHUFFLE...
I don't get in a FLAP!
Just try my best, 
then give myself a clap!
Really from the very start...
It's all about the piece of heart,
That I leave out on the floor...
TAPPING into what I adore!
Sharing my passion with each friend,
TAPPiNG until the very end.


2 comments:

  1. A great blog Diane, loved seeing your photos, and reading all the 'quotes', wonderful sayings they are!
    You're certainly in your element when teaching and writing about dance routines. I've learned a lot since reading your dance type blogs. Thank you for sharing such wonderful moments in your dance life, I think it's great, you do such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlene...
    thanks for always TAPPING in to read my blogs ... this means so much to me. It was a fun week, and you do not m need to be a dancer to read the excitement in my writing! hehehe... :)

    ReplyDelete