Thursday, February 28, 2013

APPRECiATE BRiGHT!

-"The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness."
-Dalai Lama

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."
-Volaire

"If you paint in your mind a picture of bright and happy expectations, you put yourself into a condition conducive to your goal."
-Norman Vincent Peale


I sure APPRECIATED this little piece of
HEART WORK
in the hall way of Mariah's school on Monday
when I picked her up for her dancing.
It BRIGHTENED my day!!!

Tap costumes arrived for try on at the studio
on Monday... and Mariah APPRECIATED
her nice BRIGHT orange and sparkly costume
(... the thread holding the fringe at the bottom
will come off when they perform in them!)

Here are 6 out of the 8 little TAPPERS in Mariah's class
showing us their dance in costume...
Mariah couldn't get her headband to stay on,
but she still looked BRIGHT and TAPPY!

Beau really APPRECIATED the yummy supper his
Grandma Nancy prepared him on Monday.
I popped in briefly when I dropped off Mariah
after her dancing.
I APPRECIATE that Grandma Nancy is here from Edmonton
 to look after the grandkids while their mommy and daddy
are enjoying the BRIGHT sunshine in Mexico for a week!

Here is a  BRIGHT  BANNER for the up coming
Spin 4 Kids event at Goodlife gym this Saturday.
This is for the VIVE TEAM who will be spinning
 to raise money to make things BRIGHTER for kids.

Here is my theme for the grade 4 R.A. D. Ballet exams
today at the BSOBAD Dance studio.
From SWEET SUCCESS in the past month's TAP EXAMS...
to TWEET SUCCESS in the BALLET EXAMS.
(There will be more Ballet exams later in March!)

One last glance at one of the many Bulletin Boards at
Brenda's School Of Baton and Dance (BSOBAD)
for the month of February... it was a short but "FAB" month
full of love APPRECIATION and all things hearty and BRIGHT!

Looking over what I have to work with for the MARCH
Bulletin Boards!!!
Time is MARCHing on... and with that we will Sham- ROCK ON...
into an EGG-Cellent month I am sure!

New look for MARCH...
a mix of Shamrocks and Easter this year!

Lots of info posted here...
and there are many more boards throughout
the BSOBAD studio that I did yesterday!

Another little group of tapping toddlers who happened
 to get their costumes at BSOBAD yesterday
while I was doing up bulletin boards!
...and what little girl doesn't APPRECIATE
something with lots of BRIGHT sparkles on it?



First of all thanks to anyone popping in to read yet another one of my blog posts!!!
I always APPRECIATE when anyone
TAPS into my SIMPLE little corner of the world to see what things I have been doing to keep my life BRIGHT and Happy!


Although this year has been a very LONGGGGGGG WINTER and we are beginning to drag our chins on the ground,
I am hopeful that spring is on it's way.
So much so in fact that I got a jump start on the MARCH bulletin boards at the dance studio where I am the "SOCIAL DIRECTOR!"

What is a Social Director????
 Well for those of you who do not know me,
I owned and operated my dance studio
"Diane Will Dance Studio"
for 28 years before becoming the
"TAP DIRECTOR"
at Brenda's School of Baton and Dance  (BSOBAD for short) dance studio ...
it was at that time I began doing up the many bulletin boards through out Albert Community Centre where the BSOBAD dance studio is located. When I retired from teaching dancing,
in May of 2008, I kept my dancing foot in the door by continuing to TAP into creating bulletin boards and direct and help with social events in and around the dance studio.
In addition I do free lance dance jobs such as teaching workshops, summer schools, and adjudicating dance festivals and competitions.
So in response to the "Social Director"
title... I guess that is how I would describe it!
It basically is a place to make the wait for parents at the studio both informative and interesting with everything from dance photos, to info on studio events, to themes, poems, quotes... etc, etc, etc!!!!


So while there are many forms of "BOARDING" from snow boarding to skate boarding to surf boarding... my form is BULLETIN BOARDING!!!!
It is really hard to see from the photos posted that the boards take as much work as they do, but it is a labor of love for me. I do a lot of THEME co-ordination throughout the year...and even getting photos of dancers while I am not at the studio often during lesson times, takes some efforts I find, but on the BRIGHT side...
it is something I hope many studio people APPRECIATE in the end!

This was a week with MORE SNOW...
and on route to and from my gym classes on Tuesday I was stuck in it twice... the BRIGHT side is the snow is very pretty and that day was even sparkly with the sunshine added to it...
but I have to confess I did APPRECIATE the snow for Christmas time... but as time MARCHES on... I am really ready for the BRIGHT WHITE to be gone!


As I mentioned in my previous blog...
Jana and Nels had a bit of a delay getting to Mexico where they are on vacay for a week,
but they made it finally!


This week Mariah and Beau's Grandma Nancy, from Edmonton is here to take care
of the the kids while their parents are gone.
 I am APPRECIATIVE it is her doing the
sleep overs with the kids,
as I always find the sleep is limited with them!
I look forward to a little coffee outing with her this afternoon. Beau refers to her as
his "NOTHER ONE GRAMMA!"... so cute!...
I call her "TOG"
(which stands for "The Other Grandma!")
She has done a great job this week...
of getting the kids to and from daycare and school and picking them up at the day's end  along with all the household
chores that go with it all!


Tomorrow I look forward to a little birthday lunch for my good friend from the gym, ELLA.
I met her a while back and we have really bonded as friends.


There are more birthdays to celebrate
today as well... Happy Birthday
to my Auntie Betty in Vancouver
and my cousin Diane in Australia.


On that note... here is my rhyme of the day.


When things seem down and not alright,
It helps to appreciate the side that's bright!
This winter has been long
with too much snow,
But it is very white and bright, you know!!!
Soon it will be spring... or at least we hope,
Until it's here we'll stay bright and cope.
There are lots of things
to make the future shine,
Like sparkly costumes,
decoration and design!
We can complain or
make the most of the best,
That is all we can do,
It's like a contest!!!
Appreciate the good and forget the bad,
Try to stay upbeat, happy and glad.
Strap on your seat belt and enjoy the ride,
Life is short,
so look on the bright side!
March is only one day away,
So keep MARCHing on...
and be appreciative each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment