Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Let Your PASSiON Show

"Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion."
-Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

"Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focussing on what excites you."
-Oprah Winfrey

"Every dream begins with a dreamer. 
Always remember you have strength, patience and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world."
-Harriet Tubmar

Mariah was excited to see her mommy after her flights
were delayed due to storms in New York on the weekend.
Even though it was a late night for her...
you can feel the passion in this photo!

The guys hanging out on the weekend
just before Jana's return from her trip to New York...
I LOVE these guys!

Lots of PASSION in this pic... this is my neighbor, Cheryl,
with her daughter, Richelle, visiting from Kingston with her 2 little girls.

A PASSIONATE little sisterly cuddle
here is 2 year old, Naudia and her baby sister, Natalya...
both looking so pretty in pink!

My other neighbor, Heather,
having fun with little baby Natalya.
Hard not to feel the PASSION when there are babies around!

I took a photo of my nephew, Brad's classroom door at his school today.
I especially liked the characature and the WELCOME sign.
Easy to see he is a PASSIONATE school teacher.

I am here with my nephew, Brad, his mom, Arleen, and two cousins,
Gwen and Bev after judging the History Fair for the grades 5-7 at
Hugh Cairns School this morning.
We put a lot of PASSION and effort put into our judging!

I am PASSIONATE about wrapping and card crafting
for any occasion...
with Valentines tomorrow... here are some little treats for the grandkids
I have ready to deliver to them!

I was in the mood to make some banana muffins today after judging the
history fair this morning. I made some with chocolate chips and some plain,
All ready for a Valentine tea time... and my friend Ella did pop by just
as the muffins came out of the oven today!

I am ever so delighted to have recently found this treasure...
PASSION at it's finest!
Here are the two people resposible for teaching me
all about PASSION...
my mom and dad
in my mom's HEART SHAPED locket.
Today with all the snow coming down I am once again feeling their
LOVE from the HEAVENS ABOVE!



With the lead up to VALENTINE'S day tomorrow... there have been many signs and reminders of PASSION in my week so far...
beginning with the return of my daughter, Jana who got stranded for 2 extra days during a winter storm in New York on the weekend. I know we were all PASSIONATE to have her arrive home safe and sound...
especially her daughter, Mariah!

Monday night we connected with my son Colin in Montreal. I always am grateful to hear his voice and he is sounding happy and still very PASSIONATE about his girlfriend, Caro and their life together life these days.
His former room mates, Shani and
(antoher) Caro just recently had a baby boy.... so that was very exciting news!



Yesterday I was glad for the return of Body Vive at Goodlife gym. Trent and Theresa , the "vive" instructors have been away, so that class has been replaced with New Body classes.
I personally am more PASSIONATE about the Body VIVE classes!


Yesterday one of my neighbors, Heather and I were invited to the neighbor who lives between us, Cheryl's house. She had us over for a visit with her daughter, Richelle who is now visiting from Kingston with her two little ones,
Naudia and Natalya. Not only was it a nice visit, it is always fun to be anywhere there are little ones, especially little babies!
These two little girlies were so darling, too.
Definitely a lot of PASSION in the
room that afternoon.


Brian and I went out for fish and chips last night to the restaurant that does that up the best in town...GIBSON'S FISH & CHIPS!
We've always been PASSIONATE about their food, and it is great to support a local business, at the same time.


This morning I was a judge at the Hugh Cairns School History Fair. I have only judged dance competitions up until this point, so this was a little different venue for me. It was fun to see how much PASSION the kids from grades 5 through 7 had put into their projects. I was proud to see my nephew, Brad in his work element while there... I am pretty sure he is a very PASSIONATE teacher.
The hardest part for me, was not being able to add THEMED stickers to the evaluation sheets...I'm always PASSIONATE about my stickers when ever I judge dance!


When I cam home I made some banana muffins...and added a little HEARTY accessory on top. My friend Ella stopped by for tea just as the muffins came out of the oven...
that is when they taste the very best!



I have crafted several VALENTINE cards and wrapped up a few goodies to share with the loved ones in the family.
I am always PASSIONATE about any chance I get to decorate, wrap and or craft a card, regardless of the occasion!



Tonight I look forward to another round of American Idol on TV... I'm into all shows with singing and or dancing... especially the reality ones... it is a chance for the performers to really share their PASSIONS and talents.



"It's not what you look at that matters,
 it's what you see."
-Henry David Thoreau



I hope every one TAPS into their
PASSION as we head toward the most PASSIONATE day of the year.
Happy Tappy Valentine's Day!



If you LOVE someone,
then let them know...
Open your heart,
let your PASSION show!
VALENTiNE'S DAY is
a time for LOVE,
Both on the ground and in the skies above.
Today as I see more snow on the ground,
I feel the LOVE that's all around.
Snowflakes flying in the air...
Says KISSES are just everywhere!


2 comments:

  1. ah a great blog Diane, I could read the passion in your 'quotes' and passages, you're a very passionate blog writer for sure!
    Loved seeing all the wonderful photos, your grandkids are loving their goody bundles no doubt, they look terrific and filled to the brim with lots of fun things too. Loved the ending, your poem is filled with so much passion I feel the love pouring from it...a happy tappy valentine day to you too! Thank you for sharing the love!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlene... And back to you as well... I always LOVE when you stop by to read and comment... I'll be sending lots of Valentine kisses in the air today everywhere... hope you catch one!... And remember to eat some chocolate!
      :)

      Delete