Wednesday, February 6, 2013

PRiCELESS MEMORiES

"The value of memories increases over time. What may seem trivial today, 
could become priceless tomorrow."
-Author Unknown

"Life, Love, Laughter-
what priceless gifts to give our children."
-Phyllis Campbell Dryden

"Memory... is the diary that 
we all carry about with us."
-Oscar Wilde

Here is BEAU on Sunday
wearing one of his mom's old dance costumes.
Behind him the toys from my kid's childhood
live on through a second generation...
PRICELESS MEMORIES
on so many levels!

Mariah here on Sunday crafting
another PRICELESS MEMORY!

The VALENTINE BANNER that Mariah and I crafted
together on Sunday... the middle heart is the most
PRICELESS, as Mariah added her love to that one!

More PRICELESS MEMORIES...
with Mariah watching the band "ONE DIRECTION" on
my niece Rowen's iphone.
I have chalked up many PRICELESS MEMORIES
with these two over the past several years!

My niece Rowen with my grandson, Beau here
on Sunday... they both adore each other...
but Beau was on the move here... itching to get down and boogie!

Another PRICELESS MEMORY...
Beau chatting to Shuffle in the kennel on Sunday.

These tutu cuties from ESSEX were on ELLEN again on Monday.
They have chalked up many PRICELESS MEMORIES on that show.
Now there is a book to be released soon in their honor, called
"Tea Time With Sophia Grace and Rosie!
I love these two... they brought a smile to my face on that show.

Mariah making many PRICELESS MEMORIES
at her tap class at dancing on Monday.

I brought "TAPPY" Birthday Cupcakes for Mariah's dance teacher,
 Miss Cara, who is centre back in the photo.
Another year older and SWEETER... she is such a SWEET teacher.
I have many PRICELESS MEMORIES of her
from my teaching days at BSOBAD, too.

Poor sick little BEAU...
 he was just at the medi clinic on Monday...
here he is waiting at Shopper's Drug Mart while his prescription
for his ear infection got filled.
He has such a history of ear infections and colds.

Sharing a  fun visit this morning with
my two cousins, Bev and Gwen and my Sister-in-law, Arleen at her house.
Arleen shared her recent trip to HAWAII
which she has already scrapbooked into an album of
PRICELESS MEMORIES!

Me with my cousin Gwen this morning looking at some old jewelry
of my mom's... so many PRICELESS MEMORIES there!

Found in my mom's jewelry... her beautiful locket
with photos of her and dad from their earlier days...
Such a CHERISHED and PRICELESS MEMORY
They live on in MY HEART forever!




Well here I am writing another blog...
somedays it is hard to come up with a good THEME... but this week when the PENNY became of no value ... I thought "PRICELESS" was good...and after gathering some of my (MANY) photos taken over the past few days,
I have once again made more
"MEMORIES" to share!


Some days when I sit down to do up a new blog... I stop to think "who is really reading it?"
I wondered why I needed to bother...
but I decided that I do it to help save all the "PRICELESS MEMORIES" in my life and share them in a THEME like fashion for my blog readers. It gives me a chance to sum up what is valuable in my life... and gather a few quotes and write a poem to go with the topic and for me it is like a little on going grateful journal.


This morning I was at my sister-in-law, Arleen's house. Her and my two cousins, Bev and Gwen were getting instructions on a little History fair we will be judging at my nephew Brad's school next week. I learned a new word there, too... when she handed us the
JUDGING "RUBRICS"!
Although I have been a judge at dance competitions many times in my life... this will be something new and different for me... another PRICELESS MEMORY, I'm sure!


I enjoyed some time spent with my grandkids on the weekend. Any times spent with them are always PRICELESS memories.
At the young age of 6, Mariah is now into TEXTING already on her mom's cel phone, so that was quite a novelty for her that day.
She was cute, too when I heard her singing the alphabet in the bathroom. I asked her why she was singing... she informed me that her school teacher told her that is how long it takes to wash off the germs on her hands after going to the washroom!
Beau wanted a "COSHUME" (costume) on
when Rowen and Mariah were making up dances in the basement. He told me he wanted a PRINCESS... and took me by my hand right up to wear the costume he wanted could be found  in the bedroom... what a kid?!
oh so many PRICELESS MEMORIES
in my day to day life!


When I got home today from my outing this morning, I noticed on Facebook that one of my brother's friends posted a link to the
SUNBAND MUSIC of my brother's band.
I reposted it to my page... but for those of you reading this without FB access... you can google soundcloud.com and search SUNBAND... and it will come up.
So many PRICELESS MEMORIES of those years of Brian's bands. He sings every one of the songs and I know he either wrote them all or helped to write each one, too.
I've always been so proud of his talents!


I enjoyed a little peak into Mariah's TAP class on Monday. I am so glad she loves to dance. So many PRICELESS MEMORIES for me and her mommy revolve around DANCING and especially TAP.



Every day there are things that may seem trivial now but in time will truly
ADD UP TO PRICELESS...
We sometimes under estimate the value of the little things... Just like the PENNY!




I enjoyed my season 2 opener of the TV show "SMASH" last night. I continue to enjoy the "American Idol" and some of my week day talk shows here and there, too, such as
ELLEN and MARILYN DENNIS.


I am also grateful for my gym classes at GoodLlife and the friends I have met there and gone on to chalk up PRICELESS MEMORIES with over many coffee/ visits following. Yesterday two friends joined me here for coffee following our two class TWOSDAY... and just now my gym friend, Ella texted me
to come for a cup of tea.



Brian and I know friends who have recently lost loved ones in this past week. It is always a reminder of how PRICELESS MEMORIES are  so prominent in everyone's lives. We send love and strength to each and everyone dealing with hard times and or loss... remember to continue to make every MEMORY in life
add up along the way.


On that note... another piece of poetry to add to the many rhyming memories I have made here in my blogging experiences!


So many memories add up over time...
Then I add words to it and turn it into rhyme!
Find something about the theme,
in a special quote...
And add it in too...
with everything I wrote!
Things that I have most recently done,
Mixed in with things from long ago fun.
I certainly love to share pictures galore,
And stories to go with them
and so much more!
Just like the PENNY...
once worth a lot...
Pennies are now PRICELESS,
but never forgot.
The days, months, and years go by
ever so fast,
So this blog is just a way
to help make them last.
In years gone by, I hope my blogs will be...
A way to check out...
another PRICELESS MEMORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment