Sunday, February 10, 2013

HeArTsy-CrAfTsy!

Artsy-Craftsy; (adjective)
-pretending to artistry & craftsmanship 
or interest in arts and crafts.

"A loving heart is the 
beginning of all knowledge."
-Thomas Carlyle

"Sometimes the heart sees 
what is invisible to the eye."
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

It always makes my HEART Happy that Mariah loves
to CRAFT so much... she is busy here doing STAMP art
on Thursday night...
in my messy HEARTSY- CRAFTSY basement!

Some of our craftiness yesterday!


Mariah helping me bake some
HEARTSY cookies for Valentine's day
 here, yesterday! 

Some plain ones, some pink and some white ones
 decorated with HEARTSY CRAFTSY LOVE
... and sprinkles!

Beau enjoying his first taste
of the HEARTY cookie he picked out
when coming to pick up his big sister here yesterday.

Some fun little HEARTSY treasures I found for Valentines day
while out shopping on Friday!

We had a little supper here Thursday for Nels, his kids and us
while Jana was in NY at a Shoe Show.

Mariah had a little sleepover here with us on Friday...
I LOVED her polka dotted onesies!

I think it is so cute that Mariah is into texting...
she was sending her daddy a message
while she was here yesterday...
she is a good speller and reader already, at the age of 6!

I love a trip to STARBUCKS any time...
This is me yesterday with my friend, ELLA!

Here is a cute little HEARTSY- CRAFTSY book I
found yesterday when Ella and I
wandered through Indigo!


Any time I can share crafting with my little sweet grand daughter, MARIAH... truly makes me smile... and it gives us both a chance to bring out our HEARTSY- CRAFTSY sides!!!

Jana left last Tuesday for a shoe buying show for her store last week in New York and was to have come home Friday, however with all the blizzard like weather there... she has been stranded there since then... we hope she will arrive home safe and sound tonight...
keeping our fingers crossed.

NELS has been "SUPER DAD" keeping things going so smooth here back at home.
We had him and the kids here for supper Thursday, and met them at BP
on Friday as well. We had Mariah for
a little sleepover that night, too.


In addition to crafting, baking and dancing with my sweet grand daughter... the last few days have had a mix of activities for me.

Thursday I did 3 classes at the gym...
Zumba with instructor, Nicole, and CX works and Body flow with instructor, Peggy, at GoodLife gym. 
I love that all the classes are all to aid in a happy HEARTSY life for me.

I also love that I met my friend Ella there a while back and together we not only attend the gym but share in lots of fun
coffee/visits after as well.

Friday I made a trip to give my friend, Linda from Lanigan a send off as she headed off to Jamaica. Our visit was brief as I arrived right at her check in time... but once I left I found out later her plane ended up being delayed for a day... wish she would have called me to go for a STARBUCKS!!!


Also Friday I met with my friend, Gailene for a little shopping "GAL"/"GAIL"-AVANT together.
We enjoy the dollar stores and anything HEARTSY-CRAFTSY!!!!

Tonight is the GRAMMYS on TV... I look forward to that event...
I always love music related shows...
so this GRAMMIE will tune into the GRAMMYS!

Right now I am enjoying a bargain CD I found by Sophie Milman,
called "TAKE LOVE EASY"
I found for $1.00.
It is not only making me happy...
but also tappy!


The quote on my little calendar
said this  yesterday...

"Love makes everything that is heavy light."
-Thomas P. Kempis
So on that quote...
with the LOVE I have for poetry...
here is my rhyme of the day!

I've been feeling kind of craftsy as of late,
And doing crafts from the heart,
is really great!
What makes it even better & more fun...
Is crafting with my little dear sweet one.
Nothing's finer than having a
little sweet heart,
To craft, dance and bake right from the start!
Oh... the things that make my heart sing,
Are all so much fun...
and my kind of thing!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog...great 'quotes' love them' a lot! Great photos and poem too! Beau is just so handsome, Mariah is getting to be such a little lady also! Keep on writing your blogs Di, your readers will be very sad should you ever decide to stop! Love catching up with your busy life though these blogs of yours! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by to read about all my little journeys along the way... I always appreciate your comments and encouragement, too... Thanks from my Heartsy- Craftsy HEART! :)

      Delete