Monday, February 18, 2013

Gifts from the HEART!

"A wise lover values not so much 
the gift of the lover as the love of the giver."
-Thomas A Kempis

"A hug is a great gift one size fits all, 
and easy to exchange."
-Author Unknown

"Your work is to discover your world 
and then with all your heart 
give yourself to it."
-Buddha

"Only do what your heart tells you."
-Princess Diana

Mariah and Beau with their
Valentine GIFTS from the HEART...
here on Friday!

Gifts both FROM and FOR the HEART!

Any time shared with our precious Grandkids
is good for our HEARTS!
Here we are dining out at Boston Pizza Friday night...
Mariah is making a funny face, and Beau looks like an angel here,
(but don't let that look fool you!!! wink wink!)

A week ago Friday I received the BEARY cute little Valentine
with sprinkles in the envelope from a former dance student, Susan.
This past Friday I received a little surprise book of HAPPY THOUGHTS
also with little sprinkles in it... from an anonymous sender!
I love to receive surprise GIFTS from the HEART in the mail always!!!

Here are the grandkids on the counter on Saturday
when I babysat them. They went through many snacks...
 Beau was done with his "cream cone" and onto some "toast fingers!"

We were blessed with a mild day filled with sunshine on Saturday.
The kids played outside for a long time... Mariah had left her school bag here
Friday night, so luckily had her mitts and ski pants...
but I had to improvise for Beau, using a very big pair of old ski pants I found!

Mariah enjoying every minute out in the sun and snow!

Beau with a smile here...
with his very snowy over sized mitts!

The kids enjoying all the snow...
with Shuffle on her leash to join in the fun!

The snow wasn't sticky enough to create a big snowman,
 so we made two mini ones on the step instead!

My brother Brian loves to share the GIFT of time with us when the kids are here.
Beau was asking "UNCLE BRIAN COMING?" as soon as he got here,
so we called him over for a visit!
I know the bond from the heart between Brian and Beau is very mutual.

Mariah has the same mutual love bond with my niece Rowen,
who often comes over when the kids are here, too.
Here they are enjoying a PINK hot chocolate
after a big play outside on Saturday.

Jana modeling her old snow suit from grade school ...
when she came to pick up the kids on Saturday.
These are the ski pants I used for Beau to play in...
kind of huge on him, but we made them work!

Yesterday heading to my in-laws for a visit... check out that SNOW
That is Brian walking to the door... he is over 6 feet tall, so you can see the
height of the mountain in their front yard...
they say snowflakes are kisses from heaven,
and we certainly have had many of those this season!

A special HEARTFELT visit with my brother-in-law, BRUCE,
who is here visiting from Vancouver. He was showing Jana, Mariah and Beau
some photos on his phone in this picture.



This past week was a HEARTFELT week surrounding Valentine's day,
the time to celebrate LOVE.


I do enjoy any occasions to create and craft cards for... as well as do up special gifts for loved ones. I think Valentine's day is one of those special days of the year when I can do up some GIFTS from the HEART!


I received some special little packages
in the mail recently...
which is always good for the spirit!
 I received a nice HEARTFELT card and yummy HEART shaped box of Lindt chocolate hearts from my sweet hubby, too, on Valentine's after his long day of work!


I got together with friends Ella, Gailene, and Brenda this past week for friendly visits at the gym.... over coffee.... and lunch...
I always feel so lucky that I have many different circles of friends to share heartfelt time with...
Time is like a GIFT from the HEART for sure!


I always need a day to recoop following a
busy day of babysitting the grandkids it seems... as they truly play me out!
But that being said, I enjoy every minute I can share with them. Saturday was no exception.
I did an early 830 AM class at the gym before Jana dropped off the kiddies for me to look after for the day, and it was ongoing from start to finish... playing both indoors and out and doing crafts, watching Tv, coloring, dancing...and snacking on everything in sight!...(for all of us!)
The kids seemed to like their little Valentine packages I made for them...
(especially Beau... he was very protective
of his present!... he made sure it was ready by the front door to take home when the time came, he did not want to forget it!)



Yesterday we did a nice visit with my in-laws and my brother-in-law, Bruce who is here briefly from Vancouver till Wednesday.
Mariah and Beau were a bit shy to begin with but warmed up to him as the visit progressed.


Today is FAMILY DAY here in Saskatoon...
so we will likely spend some time doing
HEART FELT family related things,
and sharing the GIFT of TIME,
from our HEARTS!


On that note... here is my rhyme of the day.

Nothing says LOVE
right from the start,
Than a GIFT of LOVE,
that comes from the HEART!
Often gifts are ones of time spent,
Hours filled with love is what is meant.
Heart felt love comes in many ways...
Even from above on snowy days!
And this year we have more than enough...
Of the loving kind of snow flakes and fluff!
But all in all... most any card or gift,
Can raise a spirit and give one a lift.
It means the most when it is sincere,
And comes from the heart
for ones so dear.
Love is special on Valentine's Day,
But it's also found when children play.
Gifts of the heart are everywhere...
They come from those who truly care.

No comments:

Post a Comment