Sunday, February 24, 2013

Things Happen for a Reason!

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."
-Albert Einstein

"Stop waiting for things to happen, make them happen."
-Author Unknown

"Lead with your heart...
your life will follow."
-Just a good quote 
I noticed on Facebook today!


I LOVE this photo... even though it is somewhat out of focus,
from the SEEK HAPPINESS poster on the wall...
to Brian hugging Mariah behind the little marshmallow pop
covered in chocolate and heart sprinkles!
SO much LOVE happens for a reason!

Here are some little Marshmallow pops
I made with Mariah on Friday...
here displayed in my cute mug
which was a gift a while back from my friend, Linda!
(The caption on the mug is so true and happens often!!!!)

A pic of Mariah crafting in the FREE HOUSE restaurant
Friday night when we joined her family there for supper...
another reason for love!


The reason for Beau's serious expression at the restaurant
....It is hard for 2 year olds to sit still in a restaurant!!!

Mariah making happiness happen on our counter, Tuesday morning
following a little sleepover here.

There is a reason we kept all these smurfs from
my kid's growing up years!!!
Beau and Mariah get hours of enjoyment out of them.

the resaon I love this photo so much...
is I love it when I can see Beau's very happy little face
without hair hanging in his way!

Such a cute picture on so many levels!!!
I got this little book as a Christmas gift from my cousin Bev
a couple years ago... it is a sweet little book and Beau
looks adorable looking at it!
this was Tuesday when I babysat him.

Mariah always loves a reason to pose and create faces!!!
I love any reason to get a picture with my sweet grandkids!

Here is brian proudly sitting and giggling with his cherished grandkids on tuesday...
this photo is surely a reason to smile!

Jana and Nels smiling here with Beau on Tuesday...
this morning they didn't have quite as much reason to smile...
(more on that in the blog!)


So many reasons for love and happiness in this photo
of 3 generations of family at my inlaws' house last Monday night.

Last Sunday we purchased a MAGIC BULLET...
here is my first delicious smoothie from it.
This has given me so many reasons to choose healthier food choices.

Here is the memorial card from the funeral I attended yesterday.
He was a cherished family friend of my parents...
and his sons did a nice tribute to him yesterday at his funeral.
Funerals are always reasons to live everyday to the fullest and
not only make... but cherish memories along the way.


This week has gone by quickly.
There always seemed like a reason
to not write a new blog every time
I attempted to write a new one!...
Things happen for a reason!!!!


Monday night we popped by for another visit with my in laws and my brother in law Bruce.
Jana and Nels showed up at the same time we did. Mariah just happened to have her jammies on, even... so what better reason than that to have her over here for a little sleepover!!!

This past week there was a school break. Mariah was going to go to her mommie's work while I looked after her brother on Tuesday.
 I love having the grandkids one on one... I am able to enjoy each one without being in demand in two directions!!!

Beau was cute, too on tuesday... when his mom came to trade kids... she picked up Mariah and dropped off Beau. He is getting such a sweet imagination now. He played so nicely all day and even had a good afternoon nap, which is another reason it is easier to just have one at a time!!!

I made it to some gym classes, some coffee outings, and dinners out this week as well. It seems there was always a reason to put the blog on the back burner!

Mariah texted us to hang out with us
on Friday... always fun!
Brian's boss Ross and his family and our friend, Vern treated us to a great meal last night.



I even made it to a lovely celebration of life yesterday for one of my parents' very dear friends, Bert. His oldest son, Rod, was a musician who played in many bands with my brother, Brian in their younger years.
Rod did a lovely piano send off to his dad
at the funeral playing a very great version
of the wartime song...
"I'LL BE SEEING YOU"... very heartfelt, masterfully played, and tearful. Rod's brother, Marty did an amazing eulogy to his dad as well... delivering it with ease, confidence, professionalism, and lots of humor.


Funerals always give reason to make the most of every moment in life as it happens
and to cherish the memories of loved ones when they are gone.


Today things happened for a reason...
not sure what it was just yet!!!!!!!!
Jana and Nels were to have been on a flight to Mexico at 6 AM.
Brian got up very early (3:45 AM) to drive them there. When they got to the airport...
 to their surprise they discovered the flight they were to have been on left yesterday!...
OOPS... Well they are now on their way to the airport once again for a different flight leaving today.... I am keeping my fingers crossed this plan works out for them!


While they are gone...
 Mariah and Beau have their Grandma Nancy here from Edmonton keeping things
happening at their house.
She will be kept very busy, I know...
but we will kick in here and there
when ever needed.
(I am guessing we will be needed a few times along the way in the week!)


I have enjoyed the shows on TV
I follow closely...and although I do not always agree with choices made
on competitive shows...
THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON!
Tonight more choices will be made as all eyes will be on the 85th annual
ACADEMY AWARDS.


It is hard to believe how fast February has gone by... but time marches on and
things do happen for a reason...
so on that note here is my rhyme of the day!


No one knows the why or how,
but things happen for a reason...
It seems to work like that,
any moment, day or season!
Whether asked to babysit
or go out for a meal,
Or hang out with a special friend
or get a special deal!
Things can go all up hill...
and also can go down!
Catching a flight for a vacy,
can leave one with a frown!!!
Saying fond farewells
to people from our past,
Are just a reminder
to make all memories last.
Enjoy all the little things
that add to daily intake,
Create some special magic,
through a smoothie or a shake!
Every little moment along the journey
in one's years...
Pave the way through daily life,
with happiness and fears.
Things happen for a reason...
oh yes they sure do,
Reasons usually all work out
when people see them through.
Make the most of everyday
with each lesson you learn,
Make the memories all add up
with every twist and turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment