Tuesday, August 2, 2011

BeRRy SWeeT!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller


"When you look for the good in others you discover the best in yourself." - Martin Walsh


"While enormous strides have been made in communications in recent years, there is still a lot to be said for a smile."- Franklin P. Jones



A BERRY SWEET photo from Beau's birthday celebration on the weekend
of GRANDMA "ANCY" with the kids out on BEAU'S new PLAZMA CAR!
This photo just radiates HAPPINESS!!!! 


Here is Mariah in her little swim suit at her final lesson of her two week course...
she passed from SEA OTTERS into SALAMANDERS!
What a BERRY SWEET little "POSER" she is!!!!
(She claims she is a good swimmer, too, now as well!!!)


A BERRY SWEET supper on our deck on sunday evening with friends... Jacquie and Bob.
Brian barbequed a chicken and veggies...and it was YUMMY!
Just a perfect evening of fine dining with wonderful people!


Another BERRY SWEET trip to the BERRY BARN for brunch yesterday! 


A BERRY SWEET COUPLE!
Nels and Jana looking BERRY romantic out at the Berry Barn yesterday. 


My BERRY CUTE little MONKEY with the Berry Barn Ape! 


My BERRY SWEET little DEAR with the Berry Barn Deer! 


BERRY PROUD GRANDPARENTS  with their
BERRY SWEET GRANDKIDS! 


Girls just want to have fun!
Jana, Diane, Ingrid, Mariah, Nancy!


Proud POPPAS!
Brian and Arvid with their little BEAU!


BERRY SWEET girlies "CHILLIN" on the front step with popsicles yesterday! 


More BERRY SWEET FUN and SPLASHIN in the back! 


LIFE is just BERRY SWEET these days! 


My BERRY talented niece, and grand daughter decorated the entire driveway with chalk yesterday...
There was no end to their imaginations and creativity!


This last while has been BERRY SWEET, indeed... I LOVE SUMMER and all it offers!

This weekend we had friends Bob and Jacquie for a wonderful barbeque supper on our deck. Jacquie made a delicious salad and Brian did up a little chicken and veggies on the Barbeque.
We had a BERRY SWEET fruit salad for dessert to enjoy with some great conversations and fabulous weather on our deck.
 

Earlier that afternoon, our neighbours,
 Floyd and Cheryl popped by for a drink on the deck, as well... I love impromptu visits... that is what summers are for!
We need to do that more often.

Yesterday we met with Jana, Nels, their kids and the Edmonton Grandparents, Nancy and Arvid along with the kiddie's Auntie Ingrid for
a brunch out at the beautiful BERRY BARN!
There are so many photo opportunities out there, so between Auntie Ingrid and I we managed to get quite a few...
(She called herself and me the
"PHOTO NERDS"... hehehe
I love that I am not the only one who always wants to stop for a photo!)

Mariah wanted to come back here afterward, so I said if my niece Rowen was able to come and hang out with her she could come over! Rowen is like a built in babysitter...
still young enough to play, but very responsible at watching Mariah, too...
so the 2 girlies have no end of fun when they are together!

They decorated my entire driveway with chalk... devoured several popsicles...
(I think all the pink and purple
ones are gone now...
so Beau will have to eat the orange ones!!!)
Later they splashed in the pool in the back and ran through the Dora sprinkler. I printed off the many pics of the girls while they had fun and then they came in and crafted little booklets with the photos! Rowen is BERRY artistic!
They had fun...
(I did too, I love to craft as well,
but always more fun in good company!)

We had a lower key evening and I watched SYTYCD...I am enjoying the 4 nights of that in and amongst all the other activities this summer.

It does seem as though my entire summer has revolved around food, though, so this morning I am off to my BODY FLOW class at the gym to hopefully burn off a few of the many calories consumed this past few days!

Even my oatmeal package suggested to me to get active today...
saying these two happy heart tips...
"Seize the day the active way"
"Make physical activity part of your daily routine."

At least with it being summer, lots of the food is good for me ... such as fruit and veggies...
so it is all BERRY sweet!
I am loving the rainier cherries, too...
Mariah calls those apple-cherries!

As the famous song says....
"Life is just a bowl of cherries!"

This summer has been BERRY SWEET...
And much has revolved around a treat.
Seems that all I do is eat,
And sit outside with my bare feet!
Lots of family gatherings, too.
The fun is plenty with all that we do.
More things to come before it's through.
Oh... I LOVE SUMMER...
How about you?!

4 comments:

  1. The pictures and article can be summed up in one lovely word, "Happy!" So enjoyed this one (like the others) - thanks for sharing the celebration!! Amazing pics.. Contagious joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I always look forward to what you have to say! I have been definitely celebrating JOY and HAPPINESS lately! Thanks gain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos..your blog is great and made even better with the photos you always post with them. It appears you enjoyed the company of the 'other' grandparents too..they look like they're enjoying their time with Beau and Mariah..it's so nice to see both 'sets' of grandparents..
    Thank you for always sharing your wonderful blogs..( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Arlene...
    Yes we had a couple visits with the other grandparents, and I know they loved every minute with Beau and Mariah too. They stayed at Jana and Nels' place from friday till they left monday afternoon as well, so they had some good quality time with the kiddies!
    I am flattered that you continue to tune into my blog and read... and thank both you ARLENES for all your kind comments always. xoxo

    ReplyDelete