Monday, August 22, 2011

MAGICAL MEMORIES!

"If it's MAGIC, then why can't it be everlasting?
Like the sun that always shines... like the poet's endless rhyme... like the galaxies in time."
-Stevie Wonder


"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. 
-Eden Phillpotts


"When you have a rainbow deep down in your heart, your smile will shine bright. You know you're part of that colorful, magical feeling, you'll find, when you have a rainbow inside."
-Author Unknown



Last night Jana and I attended one of the most "MAGICAL" musical productions I have ever seen.
We went to the musical called WICKED!
We both were blown away by the entire show... from the amazing set design, costumes, and magical show from start to finish... 3 hours went by in the blink of an eye... just like MAGIC!


Mariah is so excited about her new blue sparkly back pack for kindergarten...
There is something truly MAGICAL about this stage of life.
She has it proudly displayed on her doorknob, and keeps her door shut
 to keep all the boys and babies around out!


Yesterday I had Beau and Mariah over for a few hours to babysit
while their mommy was involved in a photo shoot for her store.
I hadn't seen my 2 little munchkins for a week... and even though that is not that long...
they seem to change fast... especially Beau!
They always have me under their MAGICAL spell! 


What is it about popsicles that makes them so MAGICAL to kids?????
Here are my niece, Rowen, and my grandkiddies, Beau and Mariah yesterday having one each. Beau had orange all over his face for a while after that...I almost needed some MAGIC power to get it off!!!


Here is a pic of Jana and me just before heading off to WICKED last night.
Not only was the show MAGICAL, but the memories of having any one on one time
with my daughter are both CHERISHED and MAGICAL.
We both LOVE, LOVE, LOVED the show, too!


TOG (The Other Grandma), NANCY, and the kids and I before going out last night.
Nancy babysat while were went to the show.
Mariah and Beau's daddy, Nels is out of town till tomorrow,
so Nancy is in town for a few days visiting... and BABYSITTING...
I think both us GRANDMAS find our role MAGICAL... but also TIRING, too!!! ...
(that is why we had our kids while we were much younger)
*there is a MAGICAL REASON for that! 


Today I picked up Mariah from her mommy's store and took her for a lunch at Boston Pizza.
She finds that place one of her favorites... she was doing funny faces here!
I love what a little character she is... one on one time is magic for her lately, too!


I had a little pizza and Mariah had her favorite meal there called BUGS & CHEESE!
She loves to color and eat her pasta... she is becoming so grown up lately!
I know this is another magical memory I will hold dear! 


After lunch I returned Mariah back to Grandma Nancy who is still on her babysitting duties for one more day! Beau was enjoying another popsicle today, but we were smart and chose a
WHITE one today!... Won't take as much MAGIC to wash that color off his face!



There have definitely been some MAGICAL moments and memories this past while for me!
I must say, I was kind of getting used to the simplicity of no kids around ... but kind of missed seeing my kidlets while they were at the lake last week!

Yesterday it didn't take long to fill the house with a little MAGIC again... and less simplicity while Mariah and Beau came over for a few hours.

My niece Rowen and her mommy, Brenda came over and my brother Brian also popped by to see us...and the kids! I always enjoy our visits.

Last night was a fun night for Jana and me as we just thoroughly loved the musical WICKED together. It was definitely MAGICAL!

Today I enjoyed some one on one time with Mariah...and a short visit with Beau and Grandma Nancy too.

I know Mariah is getting excited for her new kindergarten to begin...not long now...
 it starts next week already.


Daycare is closed this week... so thank goodness for GRANDMAS... is all I can say!
I hope Jana and Nels realize how lucky they are that us Grandmas have been doing lots of babysitting lately! We do enjoy it... but I know why we had our kids when we did...
some how my energy always runs out long before the kids' does!

I am doing 4 days in a row of sitting this week... Wednesday through Saturday...
I am sure there will be many MAGICAL moments and memories then!


Tomorrow I am celebrating my
AUNTIE FRANKIE
who passed away on the 14th of August.
She is a cherished and respected lady and one who lived a wonderful and fulfilling life...
she was very MAGICAL to me!


Wednesday would have been mom and dad's 62nd wedding anniversary and I have hopes to do a tribute to them in my Wednesday blog, too.
( I hope I have a chance to do one then)


Today is a BIRTHDAY...
my nephew SAM is 22 today...
I think it is MAGICAL when you turn the same digit as your birthdate!
I believe that is called the
"CHAMPAIGN" birthday!

Beau and Mariah's Auntie Ingrid is 32 today.

So I am sending "MAGICAL" Birthday wishes to them both from my little blog world!

Sadly Canada lost a political great today...

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear.
Optimism is better than despair.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic.
And we'll change the world"
- JACK LAYTON

May the MAGICAL MEMORIES stay with us!

Magical memories... I have had quite a few,
And more magic memories coming up, too.
Wicked was awesome right from the start,
And pulled on emotions and also my heart.
I saw the grandkiddies, after a break,
I enjoy the fun they bring... and they make!
Tomorrow a celebration for an auntie, so dear,
And so many relatives will also be here.
This week has a few other MAGICAL dates,
Of special occasions for family and greats!
I'm booked to help out
with the grandkiddies, too,
More MAGICAL moments...
oh yes, quite a few!





2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great 'one on one' time with your Jana, the play sounds like a great one too. I loved the photos, it nice to see you and Beau's other grammma, she looks like a very nice person...much like the GrammiD I know hehehe. Thanks so much for sharing this one, loved everything about it ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arleena/ Arlene... yes the show and the one on one time with Jana were valued things to me. Grandma NANCY... or "ANCY" as Mariah calls her is a super person, too! She had just done a big stint of visiting/babysitting there before returning to Edmonton. We both adore our grandkiddies!
    xo

    ReplyDelete