Saturday, August 6, 2011

CHERiSH & CELEBRATE!

"Cherish your visions and your dreams, as they are the children of the soul, the blueprints of your achievements."
-Napoleon Hill


"Cherish your human connections-
your relationships with friends and family."
-Barbara Bush


"Cherish all your happy moments; 
they make a fine cushion for old age."
-Booth Tarkington



I truly CHERISH my sweet little BEAU !


Say "CHEESE"!
Here he is eating some grated cheese in his high chair 


Laying on the floor playing with my keys... reminding me
the KEY to life is to CHERISH every moment! 


He is like a ray of sunshine in my life...
so cute in these little yellow shades! 


He is the SUNSHINE of my life and the RAIN-"BEAU" as well! 


A CHERISHED moment of CELEBRATION
yesterday with my cousin Gwen and Beau
sharing a photo with the HAPPY BIRTHDAY BALLOON!
GWEN'S birthday is tomorrow and Beau's is on monday.



my crafted birthday card for GWEN.

FIVE -SIX
seven-eight... now it's time to CELEBRATE!

The photo for this card was taken on mom's first HEAVEN Birthday,
while Gwen and I were out enjoying our Jazz festival in Celebration! 


A photo of me with a beautiful bride, KRISTI!
This photo is from 6 years ago today when Kristi and Matt were married in Toronto.
This was one of the most beautiful weddings ever!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to them today. 


This poster was circulating on Facebook yesterday and I took a picture of it.
I LOVE the words in this poster and how true these words are...
definitely words to live by for sure!

As I sat down to write my blog today I thought the words
"CHERISH and CELEBRATE"
were a good choice for the day.

After my last blog post, one of my Arlene friends commented saying those were two of the words that caught her attention in that blog post...
so I thought it was good inspiration for the writing of this one!

I have been thinking about this time last year and the big build up to the arrival of BEAU to our family... we thought he was coming around July 15th... so the build up took some time as he took his sweet time in making his debut in life!
He finally came on August 8th.
He was like a BEAU-NUS well worth the wait.

This past year has been like a BEAU-NUS for me too, as I have had the priviledge and fun of babysitting him. He will soon be of age to go to daycare. He will then join his sister there after his first birthday.

I must say I have CHERISHED the memories and BEAU bonding all the way...
and will always CELEBRATE him and the time we've had together.

My cousin Gwen popped by yesterday for a visit. I love when ever we can share time... she is a very fun and thoughtful cousin. She came with some cute little gifts for us... some little dancer dishes, a nice Angel journal and a Circle cutter for my scrapbooking!
Gwen is celebrating her birthday tomorrow so I had a card for her. We sort of did a pre-birthday celebration together in June when we attended some Jazz together and I treated her to the HOLLY COLE concert!
HaPpY TaPpY BiRtHdAy
COUSIN GWEN!

Brian and I enjoyed a great meal in good company on the rooftop of the Athena restaurant last night. We always enjoy times shared with friends JOAN and GERRY. It was like a celebration of our wonderful summer weather over good times and memories!

6 years ago we attended a beautiful wedding in Toronto on this date.  Today Brian and I will attend another wedding...
must be a great date for a wedding CELEBRATION...
Happy Wedding Anniversary to
KRISTI and MATT in Toronto
and Happy Wedding Day to
JASON and ANDY today!

Everyday I feel blessed with
so many reminders to
"CHERISH and CELEBRATE"


"LIFE IS SHORT. LIVE YOUR DREAM AND SHARE YOUR PASSION."
-Monty Winters

I CHERISH the many memories
that I have made,
And captured so many, so that they won't fade!
A year in the life of a baby, is great...
And it is sure something to just CELEBRATE.
I CHERISH the time that I've had with sweet BEAU,
And soon he'll be off to day care, you know!
I'm lucky  that I had some time I could share,
A PRECIOUS year spent with my wee
"BEAU-BEAR!"
Changes are good, and soon I'll have time...
To look back and
CHERISH and CELEBRATE
in rhyme!

4 comments:

  1. Simply put 'a terrific blog' I love the photos..and will 'cherish' your friendship and the blogs you share. When I read them, they make me want to 'celebrate' too and I thank you for that dear friend. Beau's arrival was simply awesome and I cherish the memory of those days prior to his birth. The quotes and poem are very well suited for this happy occasion.. I especially like your 'poster'..wow a great reminder for sure..thank you for sharing your 'words of wisdom' great as usual xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Arleena/ Arlene... I look so forward to your comments always... and CHERISH them as well!... as I do our special friendship... soon maybe we will connect and CELEBRATE, too! Thanks for always responding! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right with the words, Cherish and Celebrate. How empty and flat life and the world would be if one didn't live it to the max, as you do. Great pics, article and amazing poem. You do this all so easily, friend. Great work and reminder to cherish and celebrate life as it unfolds, minute by moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Arlene... I always appreciate your kind words!... I feel blessed to have the two of you ARLENE FRIENDS making such nice comments always... and I CHERISH your friendship here, and one day we will meet and CELEBRATE as well!

    ReplyDelete