Monday, August 29, 2011

TRANSiTiONS!

"The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time."
- Abraham Lincoln


"The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming, is where the dance of life really takes place."
- Barbara Deangelis


"The people who make a difference in your life are not ones with the most credentials, the most money... or most awards. They are the ones who care the most."
- Charles Schultz


"It is in changing that things find purpose."
-Heraclitus



Here is a little picture of Beau looking up to me after his nap on Saturday.
I absolutely adore this little SUPERMAN...
and will cherish all the changes we have gone through in his first precious year of his life. 


Here is BEAU one year ago today in his little bassinette basket
for his very first ever sleepover at Grammie D's!
He has changed so much since this...
amazing the TRANSITIONS one goes through in the first year of life.

Here is a darling picture of Mariah around this time last year on her very first day of TAP...
Not only was that a happy day for her, it was a happy one for me, too!


I remember thinking just how grown up MARIAH  looked in this photo
 of her first day of Pre-school last year...
now hard to believe this week she begins another new chapter in her life as she enters KINDERGARDEN.


This photo was featured on many of my crafted Christmas cards last year.
Beau was a little over 4 months in this pic... and he has changed so much since then.
They have their matching snowman jammees on here!... (SNOW CUTE!) 


Here is Beau just this past Friday sitting on the floor with a balloon on a string!
He is so obsessed with balloons since his birthday and drags them around like a little pull toy now!
He almost looks like he is waving GOODBYE here on
nearly his last babysitting day before he begins full time daycare.


Back to January of 2011... with his poppa Brian looking cozy warm, smiley and content !
Both Beau and Brian look so pale here compared to how tanned they look this summer.


Another cute pic of Beau from last week's 4 day stint here.
He was enjoying the little
"Mickey Mouse softee"  from Japan! 


I LOVE my little BROWN EYED BOY!
I hope he LOVES me back as much as his bib says he does!
He is such a little character now and provided so much lovin and laughin! 


Another TRANSITION at this time of year is the beginning of a new Dance Season,
which means many new bulletin board updates by me!
Here is one I completed this morning, but there are many more others to go... I do about 10 boards through out the studio seeing as it is in an old school  and is spread through the whole building.



Change is good... or so people say!


I have been pondering the whole
TRANSITION-THING this past while.

I knew at the end of a year, my babysitting time with Beau would be done...
and he would move onto daycare.


Mariah will move on from daycare to Kindergarden.
I guess these are all really milestones in a child's life.


There are more TRANSITIONS in a child's life in their first year than in any other.
I feel so blessed to have been a huge part of watching Beau go through
all those first year changes.



Beau and I really bonded in the year, so it is with mixed emotions that I let go of the babysitting duties and move on to a new chapter myself.


I honestly believe, though, that both kids need structure and other children in their daily lives, so it will be so good for all concerned.



I am not quite sure what I plan to do in my next phase, but right now I have the studio bulletin boards to help me transition into whatever comes next for me.


I always loved the FALL as it was like a
new beginning.
It was the start of a new routine and schedule...
a new school year and dance season.
I loved the start of all of that.


Today is the registration day at the dance studio where I work...( well do bulletin boards!)
So because it is a new beginning there it was time for some transitions on the boards, too.
I take pride in doing the boards and enjoy creating them and looking at the fun pictures of all the things that have recently taken place in and around the summer with the dancers from BSOBAD.

I have so many fond memories of my years of teaching dancing both in my own studio for 28 years, followed by my years as a teacher at BSOBAD. This is my 10th season working there, too... wow where does the time go???


My oatmeal package said this today...

Nourish your emotional heart.
Simplify your life.
Prioritize what matters most.


I drank my coffee out of the white mug with black polka dots that says this inside...

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE

Today as shift to a new chapter, it's all good.
I feel I did the best with BEAU that I could.
And although those big brown eyes
will be missed,
And I will miss his hugs and
how he has kissed...
Change is all good, or that's what they say...
So I'll keep moving forth to the
next brand new day!
Transitions keep us moving
to the fresh and new,
I have many projects that I want to do...
So although it seems different,
I know I was blessed...
This past year with Beau was simply the best!

2 comments:

  1. Like you are going through the empty nest all over again. You are starting out slow - with the bulletin boards but before you know it, your life will be full. Lots of amazing software out there to make your big Mac sing and do miracle things! Anything you set your mind to, how blessed you are for this past year and now to have health, energy and time to do - whatever!! Thanks again for sharing the things in your heart. Good words, good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arlene...
    Yes an empty nest syndrom of sorts... I love my grandkids and enjoyed my responsiilty as Beau's babysitter this past year... but I am ready for a new chapter to begin... I think it will be good for all of us, and it is not like i won't see them... infact I actually ended up babysitting both kids at the end of the day today!!! Thanks for your comments always. xoxo

    ReplyDelete