Thursday, September 1, 2011

NEW Beginnings!



"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
-Lao Tsu


"Do not wait until conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes conditions perfect."
-Alan Cohen


"It's a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy."
-Lucille Ball


"Be willing to be a beginner every single morning."
-Meister Eckhart



My sweet grandkids here on Monday ...
they are both BOUNCING toward the new BEGINNINGS in their lives! 


Today as I turned the page to BEGIN a NEW MONTH...
I loved what the MARY ENGELBREIT calendar had to say about it!

"Happiness often sneaks in a door you didn't know you left open!"
-Anonymous 


My little BEAU-MAN... looking very pensive as he SWINGS to his next chapter in life! 


My doggie, SHUFFLE, who has literally been "lost in the SHUFFLE" lately...
is hoping the new chapter will include many more walks in the park for her! 


Beau slowed down for long enough for a quick little snuggle with his Poppa Brian
 on Monday while here briefly...
AHHHH... a moment in time! 


A very excited little KINDERGARTENER!!!!
We took her for a special night out for supper on Tuesday night...
(Beau was quite ticked he didn't get to com, too!) 


Our dear friend NICOLE who runs the restaurant,
was having a special night for valued customers as her family have recently sold the restaurant. 
I crafted a little booklet of photos we have taken over 
the years of us coming there, 
as a little THANK YOU for all they did for us!


Here is just one of the pages in the little Thank You booklet!
Nicole always took Mariah to make a special dessert , every visit we made...
here is a cute pic of her with whip cream on her nose!




SEPTEMBER has always been a month of
NEW BEGINNINGS...
and this one is no exception to that rule!

As I have mentioned in some of my most recent blog posts, this is an exciting time of year for many beginning new journeys in life.
I always loved this time of year as a kid, and as a parent to kids and as a dance teacher, too.
The start of a new season was always fun with hopes of the the next chapter to BEGIN!

I have spent many hours at the BSOBAD
Dance Studio where I once was a
DANCE TEACHER
and the studio TAP DIRECTOR.
I have many fond memories of those years in my life and in order to stay connected in some way, I now create the studio bulletin boards.
It may seem like a small job, but there are about 10 bulletin boards I am responsible for making new and fresh always.
I do enjoy this connection there, and especially at the BEGINNING of a new season!

This week was the BEGINNING of a new chapter for my grandkids, too!

MARIAH had her first day at KINDERGARTEN this morning and I'll be anxious to hear all about that. I know she was pretty pumped and showed me her filled BLUE SPARKLY BACK PACK on tuesday when we dropped her off after our special supper outing.

BEAU started his journey at
DAYCARE this week.
After my year of bonding with him until he was ready and old enough to BEGIN there...
we are both ready to BEGIN a new chapter!

Our dear
ATHENA RESTAURANT
OWNER FRIENDS...
will be BEGINNING a new chapter as well.

The KATSIRIS family who have owned and operated ATHENA RESTAURANT for many years have sold the business and are ready to move onto new BEGINNINGS in other fields.

I first met this family  when I taught dancing to two of their three daughters...
LARISSA and MARIAH, but it is the oldest sister, NICOLE we have enjoyed getting to know most through our meals at ATHENA.

Nicole, ...
(whom my Mariah refers to as "M"ICOLE)...
has always been so pleasant and kind and treats our Mariah so royally every time we come.

They always make a special dessert each time. Mariah calls it "ASSERT"! They always had some WHIPPED CREAM on them!!!!!
Mariah will miss making "ASSERTS"
with "M"ICOLE!


We share our heartfelt THANKS to them for the wonderful service and food we always received and I wish them the very best on their new BEGINNINGS!


I am hoping to make a
NEW BEGINNING on SOMETHING soon...
but for now am sorting through the many thoughts and ideas I have in mind,
until I know what  my
NEW BEGINNINGS will involve!

Tomorrow Beau's daycare is cancelled due to the long weekend coming, so I will have another day to bond with him. I hope to have a scattering of those now that I am no longer his regular babysitter anymore!

The first song to play on my ipod when I turned it on this morning was  this one sung by Rosemary Clooney...

"So always look for  the silver lining
and try to find the sunny side of life."


... and on that note... here is my poem of the day!


As I head to a new phase in life, 
I'm like a BEGINNER!
But starting out fresh 
is a good way to be a winner.
Every new chapter inside of my life book...
Is a reminder of all the steps I once took,
And as I look back on them all
and even beyond,
To remember the times that 
I have held dear and so fond.
Those memories still live on 
right here in my heart...
As I step to the future, 
making a fresh NEW START!

No comments:

Post a Comment