Saturday, September 24, 2011

OVER THE TOP!... (O.T.T.)

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
-Henry David Thoreau


"Live in the moment and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering!"
-Fanny Crosby


"Be yourself, everyone else is taken."
-Charles Schulz


"The fastest way to freedom, is to feel your feelings."
Gita Bellen


Today's "Thought of the Day" in today's newspaper was this...
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
-Wayne Gretzky


... and although in his case, this quote refers to his hockey shots on goal... to me it refers to shots on the camera of my grandkids... I think one can never have TOO MANY SHOTS!!!





Mariah and Beau
OVER TOP
the stand up sand box yesterday
 happily playing and getting along so well! 


The kids enjoying the SMURF and little BUDDIES bin
I found in the garage! 


Just when did this little super baby turn into such a big boy?
Oh those converse runners... so darn cute! 


Mariah having fun making a little MUPPET PARADE! 


Beau just debating about stealing something out of Mariah's Muppet Parade!!! 


Mariah being a good big sister and pushing her little bro on the swings! 


Beau decided to sit right in the bin of little buddies!!! 


Enjoying a little picnic fun on the front lawn.
Here is the OTT GRAMMA QUEEN and her favorite two munchkins!!!


My brother Brian and Beau both enjoying the sun glasses  


Mariah sporting some shades...
and Grammie D's PJ top, too! 


Beau loving the chimes out front! 


Check out the "COOL"
diamond sticker tattoo on Mariah's arm.
Another treasure found in a bag in the garage!!! 


Mariah enjoying the sunshine and funshine in the back yard yesterday. 


Beau thinking about what trouble he will get into next!!! 


Beau getting into mischief behind a chair on the deck!
His face says it all!!!!


Beau eating a popsicle in the kitchen sink.
I stuck him there because he was painting my kitchen walls with it other wise!!! 


Mariah finding some interesting special leaves and ladybugs!
She had captured a favorite ladybug and called it "POLKA DOT!"



Mariah singing and dancing in one of her mom's old dance costumes
 to Justin Beiber on youtube,
while Beau accompanied her playing drums on the ice bucket!




People have always referred to me as
"OVER THE TOP"!... (O.T.T.)
I'm fine with that title, because it is the truth!

Everything I do is in extreme... but I'm ok with that, because that is just how I am!

For instance, yesterday while I babysat the two grandkiddies, I took 184 photos... I know it is a bit O.T.T.... but I always think you can never go back and capture those memories later... right?!

On thursday I was out enjoying a lunch with 3 of my dance teacher friends...
Brenda, Nadine and Nicole.
I happened to mention my blog and how I was always so OVER THE TOP with it, and said that I should call my next blog "OVER THE TOP", then Brenda said... "Haven't you already used that as your blog title?" to which I replied...
"Actually no, but I talk about how much I possess that quality!"

I am feeling somewhat O.T.T. with my TV interests lately.  I almost feel like I am watching so much in the evenings that I could qualify for a professional TV watcher. I tape many shows each day and try to spin through as much as I can each night! At least I avoid all the adds that way!

Last night we took a TV night break and went out for supper to one of our favorite restaurants, ATHENA with friends 

Joan and Gerry.
We always enjoy our visits and meals with them. We must be on the same page of life, because we share lots of common bonds while we are out together each time.

Earlier this week I shared a little STARBUCKS coffee time with my cousin Gwen. We, too, are often on the same page as well. I so enjoy everytime we can get together, too.

Today I'm thinking of my good friend Linda, in Lanigan... she has a very bad sore leg. I'm sending her healing wishes so that soon she can come to the city and share a STARBUCKS and visit with me again!
Yesterday my nephew BRAD had a birthday and it was a reminder to me of 36 years ago when I became an auntie for the first time!

My brother BRIAN popped by and shared the morning with me and the grandkids yesterday. I feel so lucky to have a brother who shows such a genuine interest in my life and he truly enjoys spending quality time with us. He has really bonded with BEAU in particular this past year with all my babysitting days with him.

Well I feel like my life has made many forward strides in this past while with the 

gym and garage cleaning... 
feels good!

I must say that the new TONY BENNETT CD is very STELLER... I highly recommend it.
My mom and dad were big Tony Bennett fans...and this CD is every bit as good as his first duets CD, if not better including duets with 17 great artists. I am listening to it now, so it is providing the perfect soundtrack for my blog today!... Did I mention I love music?!

Well on that "NOTE"...
here is my O.T.T. poem for the day!

OVER THE TOP!

I've been known to some,
as something called "O.T.T.!"
And really it's a title...
 that suits me perfectly.
Whether I am playing with my grandkids,
or my friends,
The title "O.T.T." is right for me,
and never ends!
Some people really find me
to take things to extreme,
From everything I do each day,
through every single theme.
But really it is how I am,
and I'm happy with it, too!
I think I'll always be "O.T.T."
in everything I do...
Whatever makes me happy,
will have to be my way,
So I will keep on keepin' on
throughout my everyday!




2 comments:

  1. I loved everything about this blog...the photos are just terrific. I love how the kids have grown just since I met you..you're a very lucky GrammieD for sure, thank you for always sharing them in photos, it's nice to see them grow into their personalities. thanks for sharing your blogs too..xo ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Arlene... I always appreciate your comments! xoxo

    ReplyDelete