Thursday, September 29, 2011

DANCE first. THINK later.

"Dance first. Think later. It's the natural order."
-Samuel Beckett


"Dancing is like dreaming with your feet."
-Constanze


"Dancing with the feet is one thing, but dancing with your heart is another."
-Author Unknown



Mariah doing a little dance at the DANCE studio yesterday!


Mariah putting on her TAP SHOES at dancing
She told me it was "EASY PEASY!"


Tapping into a little pre-lesson dance
on the fireplace hearth yesterday! 


Really putting her heart and soul into it! 


A little STARBUCKS treat on the way to dancing! 


Beau trying to DANCE his chubby little feet
 into Mariah's flip flops! 


This adorable little SUPER BEAU MAN
DANCING his way around the back yard last week


Mariah and Beau having a DANCE OFF in front of their TV!
This was a week or so ago.


Mariah's shirt and face says it all!
This was a picture from the summer time.


Celebrating our 38 year anniversary of our DANCE OF LIFE together!
Met on September 27th 1973... here we are on September 27, 2011


A great little read and awesome beverage to go with it!
This was the inspiration to today's blog title.



Yesterday I had the pleasure of looking after Mariah for the afternoon. Wednesdays are her dancing days, so I took her to her lesson, too.

She is becoming so grown up now that she is in kindergarten, and I love her 

free spirited ways!
We made 2 stops at STARBUCKS on our way to dancing. She wanted a "PINK" cake pop ... but the first STARBUCKS only had the chocolate ones, so we then made a stop at a second one to be able to get a PINK one.

She confidently dressed her self into her dance outfit and proceeded to dance in the dressing room at the studio. There is something so cute and uninhibited about a five year old.

I enjoyed watching the class giddy with excitement waiting for their lesson to begin.
They have a special charm and energy at that age that is hard to describe... you just have to see it to understand how adorable it is!

Mariah was enthusiastic about dancing when we came back here afterward, and she suggested playing the game of 

DANCE STUDIO!
She wanted to be the teacher and I would be the student. So off we went to our basement with some music and our tap shoes!
I also had my camera in my hand...
but Mariah quickly said...
"No Cameras allowed in dance class!"
To which I replied...
"What if I want to take a picture of my new dance teacher?"
She then said very firmly and with such authority...
"NOPE... not allowed!"
Her next line was...
"OK... you stand over there and be the "COFFEE-CAT"!"
 (I knew she meant "COPY CAT")...
but how cute was that?!
My heart had a little chuckle over that line.

Shortly after she tired of teaching me how to dance ... she suggested we create a bulletin board... so we did a little crafting and then her mom came to pick her up!

I truly enjoyed her, she is becoming
such a fun age.  I know these memories will
DANCE on in my heart forever !

Tuesday  was the date Brian and I met in 1973 on a blind date in Edmonton. So in celebration of that memory we went out for a special supper. We went to a new restaurant in the city called SABOROSO.
It is a great experience... it is like a buffet, but the food is brought to the tables on long sticks and carved in front of you. They come over to the table until you are STUFFED!
It was delicious...
I  know we will go back there again. It was a fabulous meal and celebration of the
38 years since we met.

I have been going to the gym much more lately, and although it isn't quite like dancing... it is exercise none the less, which is a good thing.

The little book with the same title as the blog today... is a great little read of 618 rules to live by as compiled by Kathryn and Ross Petras.
The title "DANCE FIRST. THINK LATER."
was what sold it to me, but I am enjoying all the quotes and rules within it as well.

What a great statement it is, too, and so true, as I watch both Beau and Mariah as they
DANCE their way through life.

I have been taping many shows on TV lately and amongst them is 

DANCING WITH THE STARS.
I always enjoy a DANCE show!

I am also still watching ELLEN daily. 

She loves to DANCE as well...
and her spirit and fun light hearted sense of humor always
puts a smile on my face.

Yesterday she had a great one man band on her show. She discovered him on youtube. His name is BERNHOFT. He is from Norway.
I replayed his song "C'mon Talk" over a couple of times, and infact went and got my tap shoes on, because he had a cool groove and rhythm along with a great voice, too.

Now I am off to watch the X-FACTOR...
 a singing reality show...
which I also enjoy!

On that note...
I'll switch from the rhythm to the rhyme!

When I think of life,
mine seems like a DANCE,
I still love to DANCE, too,
when I get a chance!
There is just a real pleasure
to the rhythm and the rhyme,
I'll always just love it...
to TAP DANCE in time.
DANCING is something
to free all concerns,
And it is just something,
that my heart still yearns.
To see my sweet grand babes
doing their DANCES,
Free spirited giggles
and slap happy prances!
It's so rewarding to
see a face with a smile,
And the spirit of one
wearing tap shoes on tile.
I'll continue to DANCE
whenever I can...
Because it is something,
of which I'm a fan.
TAPPING into simple...
how special it can be,
Yes DANCING is a pleasure,
especially to me!


2 comments:

  1. A very 'dance type' blog and I loved it. All the photos are excellent, I love them all, can't say there's just one I like...I love each one for sure. You and Brian look fantastic and the restaurant sounds fab also. Your little Beau man is getting so big...and so cute, love his 'chubby little feet'..Mariah is such a cute little dancer too, a free spirit for sure! Your 'quotes' and poem were great to read...thank you for sharing your busy life in wonderfully written blogs...keep it up, never quit writing these..and I'll never quit reading them. (just sorry to be here a little late :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my sweet friend! I love when you come over and read and comment on my blog! You are one special friend for sure! Thanks for DANCING your way into my heart!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete