Monday, September 5, 2011

LiFE iS A JOURNEY!

"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the the journey that matters in the end."
-Ursula Le Guin


"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


"We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey."
-Stephen Covey



A JOURNEY on the Kinsmen Park Choo Choo Train last night!
Mariah chose to ride in the Caboose!


Beau on his very first Merry Go Round Ride...
he didn't last long on the mini horsie, he wanted to be on a big horse! 


Mariah on a bigger horse, by Poppa...
she has had many rides here at Kinsmen Park,
and loves the JOURNEY everytime!


These two love to DANCE... here is one of many little DANCE PARTIES they have had...
Beau not only dances with his body, but his tongue goes in time to the music as well... so hilarious! 


Beau playing the little Xylophone from Poppa Brian on Friday...
Mariah in the background playing with her streamer on a baton! 


Mariah creating her own little dance with her new dollarama treasure! 


One sucker ... two kids... OH OH! 


Beau having a turn to have a little lick of the sucker! 


Beau finally was content to just have a POPSICLE with his POPPA! 


Mariah decided she wanted a popsicle, too... so then Beau had the sucker again! 


Beau enjoying his little visit with my brother Brian...
 they were doing their funny noises together! 


Beau sharing a conversation with Poppa! 


The two kidlets after their sleepover here last night!
Mariah was enjoying one of the SYTYCD episodes recorded on TV.
Beau managed to sit long enough for one pic before he was on the go again!


The love of balloons continues... long after Beau's birthday a month ago!


I have been thinking about the whole
 life journey thing a lot lately.


Friday Brian and I had the two kiddies all day as daycare was cancelled.
It is always a day full of LiFE
whenever the kids are here!

That day my brother in law Bruce turned 60... and the journey of life continues...
celebrating milestones along the way!

I have spent some time this past week getting the studio bulletin boards ready for yet another new dance season...
and that journey continues as well!

Last night we were invited for a delicious supper at Jana and Nels's house. We offered to take the kids to the Kinsmen Park afterward,
which ended up in a little sleepover!

On our way to the car from the park, Mariah noticed the City Hospital, where my mom spent her final 10 weeks of her life last year at this time. She instantly went down on her knees right there and then and said a little prayer with her hands clasped... telling my mom up in heaven she loved her!
It was a "moment in time" in the
JOURNEY OF LIFE!

The kids have been enjoying doing many little dance parties lately... and it is so much fun to see them laughing together and having fun just living their lives to the fullest!

I find when the kids have been here...
I am played out when they leave to go home!
I guess this is all part of the journey of life!
My energy runs out long before theirs does,
it seems!!!

I am still pondering daily which direction my life is headed next... but it is really the journey along the way that is important, and even if I take a long time to decide where I'm headed...
there is no deadline to decide...
it is all part of the life journey!

I know I have captured so many pictures of just living the life in my journey along the way,
and those memories will all be so important
down the road!

So on that note,
here is my little poem of the day...

The journey of life continues each day,
And sometimes I choose to go a different way.
Each day's a reminder to enjoy every minute,
And simply appreciate everything in it!
Whatever the path is, I travel along...
Singing and dancing to my own special song.
Reaching for tomorrows
with things that are new,
But treasuring the moments along the way too!


4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this very much. Your poem was especially nice and so true. I often tell myself that all moments are memories - and you know that too. It's the secret to being content and going with the 'flow.' Thanks for this great article, photos and poem. All comes together nicely. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I always appreciate your comments...and yes the moments are the most cherished memories in the journey of life!
    xoxo Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful 'quotes'..and photos to go along with your new 'Journey' into your new beginnings on the 'road of life'. You are always so positive and sure of your every day tasks, that I know you will always do the things that make you happy. I wish you only the best of what life can offer and know you'll always do well in all of your endeavors. Your blogs seem to get better as you 'journey' down memory lane, keep up the good work! And thank you for always sharing...with me! (sorry to have missed so many):

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to FB and to my little blog world, ARLEENA/ ARLENE... I missed you but am always happy when you tap in to read and follow along! Thanks always for your kind and encouraging words... I so appreciate those!
    xoxo diane

    ReplyDelete