Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Precious Gift of "TiME"

"Time is your most precious gift because you only have a set amount of it."
-Rick Warren


"There is no time like the present. No present like time."
-Georgia Bing


"Time is a gift, given to you, given to you the time you need, the time you need to have the time of your life."
-Norton Juster


"Nothing is more precious than time, for time is the price of eternity."
-Louis Bourdaloue



Any TIME spent with my grandkids  is like a PRECIOUS GIFT! 

My doggie, SHUFFLE enjoying her TIME in the sunshine yesterday.


Any TIME is a good TIME for STARBUCKS!
Here is Mariah pointing out a Starbucks sucker yesterday
on her way to dancing. 


Here is Beau yesterday after daycare,
 having a happy TIME at Grammie's house!


TIME for a little backyard fun! 


TIME to dance... to Beau the table is his stage! 


TIME sometimes RUNS out!
Check out these cute
 CONVERSE RUNNERS
for BEAU & MARIAH


Today as I was trying to think of a THEME for my blog... I thought TIME would be a good one!

Yesterday I was to take Mariah to her first dance lesson.  I am one who is always very punctual with TIME. It is just important to me to always be on TIME for everything I do.
Infact I tend to usually be early, but never late!
 So I made sure I allowed lots of time to pick her up and get her there.

I got her from her mom's store and she was already to go when I got there in her full dance outfit, including her tap shoes!
She only had flip flops, other wise, which do not work well over the dance tights!!!

Off we went, and because I figured I had TIME to spare, we stopped for a little
STARBUCKS treat along the way...
TAP SHOES on and all!!!

I was under the assumption that her lesson was at 2:40 ... so we felt we were arriving early when we walked in at 2:20!
But much to our surprise all the dance moms from Mariah's class from last year were already enjoying a visit in the waiting area when we walked in.
Apparently her class started at 2:05... NOT 2:40!
So instead of being the 20 minutes early like I thought we were...
we were actually 15 minutes late!
Mariah all of a sudden became a bit shy as we walked into the already in progress dance class... so I stayed long enough to get her settled and then joined the waiting room of dance parents and siblings.

When we left Mariah said to me on her way out... "That was sure short!"
I did feel kind of badly... as I hated to see her miss the first part of her first class back,
but
TIME mix ups happen I guess...
even to people who pride themselves on being punctual always!

I also had to pick up Beau later on from daycare... but I did get that TIME right...
thank goodness!

I really do value TIME spent with my sweet grandkids. TIME goes so fast and they are growing up right before my very eyes,
 therefore any TIME I can spend with them
is truly a PRECIOUS GIFT for sure.

This morning I decided to put in more
TIME at the gym. I tried a new class called
"CX WORX"
which is 30 minutes of straight core strength work and was followed
by a shortened version of
"BODY FLOW"
for another 30 minutes.
I know it was TIME well spent!

Now it is really TIME for me to get to work around here and do something productive...
or maybe it might be TIME for a coffee break...
hmmmmm... tough decision...
but give me some TIME
and I'll figure it out I am sure!



TIME for RHYME!

To me there is no better gift, than that of TIME,
And I also enjoy the writing of some rhyme.
I feel very blessed that I get to share,
So much TIME with a very cute pair...
MARIAH, my dancer, is sweet as can be,
BEAU is my busy boy, he is truly all "HE"!
They have enriched my life so very much...
With all the TIMES they've shared and such.
So I think it is really just clear to me,
That TIME truly is a gift... you see!
And whether it is spent in fun or in haste,
TIME is a precious thing, not to waste.
Treasure every second, every minute,
every hour,
Take TIME to breathe, and smell every flower.
Every day just enjoy the TIMES of light,
Before that TIME once again becomes night.
Then TIME to sleep is precious , it seems...
Because it is a TIME to help fulfill dreams.
And this TIME I spent blogging gave me a lift!
There's no TIME like the PRESENT...
it truly is a GIFT!





4 comments:

  1. Ah - great one, again. Time, that slippery fickle friend. I was laughing at Mariah's comment, "That was sure short." Great poignant poem, too. You do it all so easy and so good. And now - time to get to the field. Life is all about time, isn't it. And some time, dear Diane - we will meet face to face. I will be the big out of shape one - you will be the young, pretty fit and trim one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks once again for your kind and sweet comments, Arlene!
    If I continue to go to starbucks everyday for Pumpkin spice lattes... I will need many CX WORX classes to make up for the intake!!! hehehe... so don't be commenting too soon on how fit I might be!
    I do look forward to the TIME we will finally meet in person, too! one day soon... but in the mean time... enjoy every moment for what it has to offer along the way! xoxo Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very 'timely' blog dear friend...in time with me thinking about you! I love the photos, I can now see Shuffle's 'brown' eyes in this one, she is still very cute. The 'converse' runners and Beau's little outfit are just the cutest things ever, I loved the poem and all 'quotes' also...thank you for sharing your 'gift of time' with me, I think your blog is great xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thanks to you, too Arleena/ Arlene!
    I enjoyed the time writing this one... I like to try to have a theme to string it all together... Thanks for taking TIME out of your busy life to stop by always and read and comment... i really appreciate that so much!
    xoxo Diane

    ReplyDelete